Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
History of Adammia
The history of the Empire of Adammia begins in prehistoric Great Britain when humans first arrived around 25,000 years ago. Since then its land has been ruled by a number of nations, most notably the United Kingdom. Adammia itself first came into existence on 13 April 2013. An absolute monarchy at first, it became a constitutional monarchy later that year, expanding rapidly from its original 5 metre square territory to over 20 acres by 2014.
During the neolithic period the land now claimed by the Empire was ruled by various tribes and later by Celtic tribes in the Iron Age. Great Britain was first invaded by the Roman Empire in AD 43, though the modern-day Adammic holdings in the middle of Britain would have only been conquered by the campaigns of Didius Gallus from 52 - 57. Roman rule lasted until 410 AD when they abandoned Britain, leaving the island to numerous invading Anglo-Saxon tribes. By 911 these had gathered into the Kingdom of England, which throughout the Middle Ages was ruled by the Normans after 1066 and the Plantagenets. During the Renaissance it was ruled by the Tudors. In 1603 England entered personal union with Scotland. Following a civil war and a subsequent restoration of the monarchy in the 17th Century, England and Scotland merged to form the Kingdom of Great Britain, which later became the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in 1801. Following the Industrial Revolution in the 19th Century and after surviving two World Wars in the 20th, the UK controlled all current Adammic land until 2013.
Foundation and absolute monarchy
The concept of the Empire of Adammia was created on 12 April 2013, when Adam Belcher discovered the hobby of micronationalism. Having shared his thoughts for the future empire with several friends, he launched an invasion of his grandparent's back garden in an attempt to secure territory the next day, but failed. On the evening of the 13th, Adam officially founded the empire by claiming his bedroom as his own. With some difficulty, a paper flag and a border post were produced. The next six days would see a period of de-facto absolute rule.
Adammia accepted its first honorary citizen the next day, Sir Alex of Poole, a personal friend of Adam. On 15 April, Adam began drafting the original Supreme Directive, which served as a constitution aimed towards an absolute monarchy. Also on that day, an official national blog was created for news and information about Adammia.
The Supreme Directive was ratified by Sir Alex of Poole on 19 April, making both the Empire of Adammia and the reign of Emperor Adam I official under law for the first time. On the same day, the Empire opened communication with another micronation - the Principality of Monovia. This was the Empire's first step into intermicronational politics.
On 21 April, a deal was made between the Emperor and his brother, Daniel. It had become apparent that Daniel had decided to form his own micronation and wanted to claim the grandparent's garden like the Emperor did. They reached a compromise where Daniel joined the Empire and the territory became a province of Adammia under his rule. Later that day, the Empire claimed the garden and bordering conservatory, learning from their past mistakes by bringing the materials necessary for the flag this time. Daniel was made governor of this new province, known as Tytannia, in addition to becoming Crown Prince. Along with this, Emperor Adam signed Decree I, forming the Military of Adammia.
On 24 April, the Emperor signed a Treaty of Annexation with Emperor Mother Jayne, giving the Empire the territory that her house was built on. This formed the new province of Maternia, ruled by Prince Jake. On the 26th, the Treasury was created with Decree II. 27 April saw the signing of another Treaty of Annexation, between the Emperor and Emperor Father Kevin, which merged the entire original household with the Imperial Province. Then, on the 28th, the final Treaty of Annexation was signed, formally integrating Tytannia into the Empire, along with a new province bordering it, known as Sapientia, which contained the rest of the Emperor's grandparent's property. On this day, the Emperor contacted a second nation, the Empire of Austenasia.
On 2 May, the Emperor enacted the First Amendment to the Supreme Directive, which made any future amendments require a public referendum to pass, the first time democracy was ever referenced in law in the Empire's history. This followed on the 4th with Decree III, which established the state symbols, including the National Anthem. On the 5th, during a visit to Tytannia, the Adammic Army fought the Skirmish of Tytannia with a rogue citizen who damaged military property, their first combat experience. 6 May saw the creation of Decree IV which determined the status of provinces and colonies.
On 12 May 2013, Adammia became a provisional member of the Grand Unified Micronational (later upgraded to Full Membership on 9 June following the relegation to provisional status of Tatsumiya). This event led to contact with a wide range of micronationalists from around the world. After this, the nation entered a quiet period with little change. On 2 June, The Emperor made a speech in Tytannia where plans for an "Adammic Parliament" were announced.
10 June 2013 saw an agreement between the Emperor and the Grand Master of the Ordo Vladius, a secretive Internet-based organisation. In exchange for the members of the Ordo acting as Adammic ambassadors abroad, they were granted full citizenship, resulting in a large increase in population in Adammia. This became official with Decree V, signed on the same day, which also created the Order of Adammia, an organisation into which the Emperor can induct knights who have shown great service to the Empire.
On 21 June, the Emperor introduced Decree VI. This established the official state media, tranforming the blog into an "online newspaper" called the Adammic Express, and renaming the YouTube channel to Adammic Online Television. The Emperor announced that a new Supreme Directive had been written in a press conference on the 23rd, with a public referendum regarding whether it shall be enacted being scheduled for the 30th.
When the referendum on the 30th was held, the new Supreme Directive was unanimously proclaimed. This introduced the Ruling Council and the Grand Court, amongst other things. The Ruling Council held its first official meeting a week later on 6 July. On the 8th, Adammia signed its first diplomatic Treaty of Mutual Recognition with the Regional Dominion of Burnham (now Mercia), which was not only the first micronation to officially be recognised by Adammia, but also the first micronation to officially recognise Adammia.
With the start of the school summer holidays in the UK in late July, activity in Adammia began to increase once more. The local elections began to be held for the first time, and the Council historically passed its first Act, the Internal Procedures Act 2013 on 21 July. Also on the 21st, Decree VIII created a cultural project to produce citizen ID cards for full and honourary citizens, which involved a census. By early August, a framework for political parties had been created and the first of these, the Liberal Imperialist Secular Technocratic Party or LIST Party being founded shortly afterwards; The first Local Elections were completed, giving the Ruling Council its first full set of Ministers; the state also acquired its first state-owned enterprise at this time.
On 8 August 2013, The empire expanded for the first time in several months with the acquisition of the Creatuxia Colony, the first territory claimed outside of West Yorkshire, after the signing of a Treaty of Annexation with Sir Damian Parker, the owner of the property in Congleton, Cheshire, who became the High Lord Overseer of this colony. Emperor Adam led a series of reforms to the military and territory organisation, preparing for an invasion of a nearby green space which never actually happened. Adammic citizens took part in a number of expeditions in this period, such as to the Peak District, the Yorkshire Air Museum, and the Insomnia Gaming Festival 49, at which the Emperor met High Lord Overseer Damian in real life for the first time along with another Adammic citizen, and he issued them both with the first batch of citizen ID cards.
On 25 August, the first National Election was held, which saw Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher elected the first Prime Minister of Adammia. On 1 September, the Government Ministries Act 2013 was passed by Council, creating a number of departments in the National Government along with the Office of State. In the same Council meeting that passed Act 4 and just after it, the Ministers of the government departments began to be filled, with Sir Reginald Hall being appointed Deputy Prime Minister, and the Emperor appointing himself Lord Chancellor of the Office of State. However, it took until the 29th for all the government slots to be filled.
Imperial Decree XIII was signed into law on 7 September, which granted diplomatic recognition to a large number of micronations and macronations. The next legislation created by the Council, the Contributions Act 2013, established a scheme of voluntary contributions from the adult citizens of the Empire to the Treasury, giving the Empire much more potential for public spending.
In October, the armed forces grew for the first time in several months, the Place-Names Act 2013 was passed, and the government's IT capabilities began to grow with an official Google Drive system. Adam I presented his second speech to the nation on 19 October.
Throughout late October and November 2013, a series of reforms took place regarding the legislation the state had created since its foundation in April. All the Imperial Decrees so far were subjected to revision, resulting in Decree XVI which brought in many changes, such as changing the official sport to Auto Racing. The second stage of these reforms was the First Amendment to the Supreme Directive. This made several changes to the way the Ruling Council worked. It was passed by a public referendum on 16 November. Later that month on 24 November, the Council merged Tytannia and Sapientia into one large Tytannia province.
December saw continued activity in the Empire as the Emperor, now the Prime Minister's Director of Communications, chaired the first Cabinet meeting with the Ministers of the National Government on the 8th. In this meeting an outreach program was launched, which saw the purchasing of a .org.uk web domain, the first time public funds were spent. It also led to public applications for honourary citizenship being opened. On 22 December, the legislative reforms were completed with the Legislative Amendments Act 2013, which made several internal changes to the Ruling Council as well as renaming the Adammic Imperial Province to Primoria. A final expansion of the Empire in 2013 happened on 29 December when a Treaty of Annexation created Watertopia. The year ended with 1445 square metres of territory and 23 citizens.
On 4 January 2014, the territory of the Empire almost doubled as Myway was annexed. The Empire's influence at the Emperor's school began to rise with talks of more fellow students enlisting as armed forces members. With its increased numbers, the military occupied and claimed more new land for the Empire - two parks, now known as the Jagstonian Plains and Astley Meadow, became the Empire's first Territorial Claims and caused the Empire's claimed land to swell to over 20 acres. This did not come without opposition, however: A hostile British citizen, who attended school with the Emperor and much of the military, sparked the Skirmish of Astley Meadow on 23 January 2014. This caused the military to remain mobilised for the duration of its members' final term at high school - in the following months, there would be occasional confrontations, such as reports that the British insurgent was trying to recruit Adammic honourary citizens to start a rebellion, and later an Air Force "drone strike" (a piece of paper) being thrown at the insurgent, authorised by the Emperor himself. The conflict, now known as the Astley Meadow Insurgency, finally ended on 23 May 2014 when everyone involved left school, meaning that Astley Meadow was no longer in danger.
Meanwhile, the Empire's politics were still moving along. A referendum to change the National Anthem in Feburary 2014 was inconclusive, however, a Ruling Council meeting on the 9th saw several Acts being passed, creating the Adammic Imperial Space Agency, the Ministry of Infrastructure, and the Empire's capital, Imperial City. This was also the day of what is sometimes referred to as the Flappy Bird Crisis, where the popular mobile game, outlawed in the Empire, was found to be being played by numerous high-ranking Adammic politicians. This prompted the creation of the Adammic Police Force.
On 19 Feburary 2014, Emperor Adam I celebrated his 16th birthday, when a 21-gun salute was fired and he published a Birthday Honours List, increasing the size of the Order of Adammia massively.
On 3 March 2014, a product was imported from another micronation for the first time - Emmanouil Tsompanoglou of the Ashukov Federation produced a new Coat of Arms for the Empire, which was promptly adopted by Decree XXII. The same Decree also made Sydney Saindon the Emperor's Princess Consort, a testament to the closeness of the two individuals despite their lack of a serious romantic relationship. Shortly afterwards on 9 March, further organisation of the National Government saw the executive divided into agencies and government-owned companies, which included a new company, Imperial Mail, the Empire's postal service. At the same time, the Adammic Motor Racing Association was founded.
From 9 March onwards, preparations began for the Empire's first Foundation Day anniversary on the weekend of 12/13 April. This was the first large scale micronational effort by Adammic politicians besides the Emperor. It led to Imperial Mail issuing its first ever stamps so that the Ministry of Defence could invite members of the Military to the party on the 12th. Citizens from all the provinces were involved, preparing food and so forth. The actual event on 12 April was the largest gathering of Adammic citizens to date, with an estimated 18 people present in Imperial City's White Gold Palace. Following the buffet, AISA, along with the gathered citizens, travelled to the nearby Jagstonian Plains to carry out its planned Andromeda 1 mission, which aimed to launch a model rocket - however, the rocket did not launch and the mission failed.
From May 2014 onwards, the focus within the government began to shift away from politics and more towards the economy. The Economy Act 2014 was passed on 3 May, allowing private companies to exist. The first of these were the Capital Wine Company and Top Hat Software. In June, another ASIA rocket launch attempt failed, and three new logos were imported from Ashukovo. Due to it having been virtually abandoned by Adammic citizens, Astley Meadow was ceded back to the UK on 14 July 2014, but this was soon made up for with the acquisition of Borealia, a new territory in Devon which comprised the remnants of the once-active Den World sector. Borealia became a key part of the Empire, leading the way with the construction of a forge capable of melting aluminium in August, and later copper in November (though this was set back when the forge exploded in September, which is possibly the largest industrial disaster in micronational history).
Following Local Elections in July, the Adammic National Election 2014 took place in August and it saw Emperor Mother Jayne re-elected as Prime Minister. This was followed by the first State Opening of Council on the 17th, which saw a minor reshuffle with HG Julie Foster (the Emperor Mother's opponent in the National Election) replacing HG Sir Reginald Hall as Deputy PM. On 13 September, Emperor Adam I became the first ever Adammic Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational.
By this point a sizable fund had built up in the Treasury and talk turned to what it would be spent on. Spending plans were approved by the Ruling Council for a RC quadcopter for the Adammic Air Force, and a monument commemorating all of Adammia's citizens. This monument was completed in October and was named the Populus Imperium. Another key focus in October was the space program, and these efforts paid off when AISA successfully launched Andromeda 3 on 26 October 2014 in a flight lasting 7.1 seconds. On 30 October, an Imperial Decree was issued relocating the colony of Creatuxia to its governor's new, much larger residence, which caused the Empire's surface area to swell to 145,701 m². The same Decree also made Borealia into a colony, signifying that the monarchy trusted the Borealians to be stable enough to enjoy a high degree of autonomy.
The large military which had come with the Astley Meadow Insurgency was halved in size in November as a result of the loss of contact with many of the old units. Meanwhile, the Council passed legislation to make itself more formal, meaning that parliamentary procedure would be implemented starting from December. The Cabinet, like in 2013, met in early December, where the Emperor proposed a wide range of plans which were intended to come into play in 2015, though few of them ultimately did. Shortly afterwards, Adammia became embroiled in a short diplomatic stand-off with the "Mohawkian Empire", a successor to a very old Den World state which had recently re-emerged, which became known as the Mohawk Diplomatic Crisis. During the Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2014, Adam I read an additional message written by the Prime Minister, which constitutes her first direct address to the nation.
The Empire of Nova Atlantis merged with Adammia on 11 January 2015, becoming the Empire's first North American territory, Adammic Columbia, led by its governor Lord Sir Grant Hawkins. At the same time, Gabe Newell replaced Jebediah Kerman as the Empire's patron saint and Madam Sydney Saindon's title of Princess Consort was revoked. Meanwhile, the Adammic Express began printing monthly physical copies in addition to its original online blog.
Following extensive planning drawn up by the Emperor and General Sir Will McCracken, who became the official military advisor to the monarch on 28 January, the Emperor began working on two simultaneous projects - reforming the military and introducing a minimum wage. The latter resulted in the Employment and Wage Act 2015 passed on 25 January, but was ultimately a failure as the Minister of Finance disagreed with the concept, resulting in an amendment removing the minimum wage in March. 25 January also saw Lord David Hall being recruited to the new Imperial Guard unit and becoming the Sergeant-at-Arms of the Ruling Council. Meanwhile, Emperor Adam's college classmate Dan Pettinger was recruited into the Adammic Air Force, replacing Commodore Sir Tom Bennett as head of the 1st Imperial Air Group (formerly the 1st Paper Air Group), on 21 January. This was followed by Pettinger's residence becoming the Territory of Dearneland, now home to the official headquarters of the AAF, on 14 February. The Defence Act 2015 was passed on 7 February, initiating the planned military reforms, but the second phase - producing a Military General Manual - is yet to be completed. On 22 February, the Capital Wine Company announced that it would soon begin producing beer in addition to wine and promptly renamed itself to Capital Brewery Ltd.
Adammic foreign affairs were dominated in March by the terminal decline of the GUM. Although the Emperor won the March chairmanship election, a second election had to be held as turnout in the first had been too low. This led to a consensus amongst GUM member states that activity in the organisation had become too low, and the Emperor followed the recommendations of the Austenasian delegates and led, as Chair, an effort to transform the GUM from a formal organisation into a loose association of micronationalists using the GUM Lounge. After this change came into effect on 14 June, the Emperor remained Chair until 30 July, when he was succeeded by Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia. However, with the GUM now effectively dead in the water and no other reliable venue for diplomacy, Adammic foreign affairs became increasingly isolated and the government was too focused on other matters to remedy this.
In Borealia, scouts stumbled across a settlement in the woods half a kilometre north-east of the colony on 7 March. Following a run-in with the hostile occupants of the settlement, construction began on a bunker to defend the colony; though it not yet completed, nothing more has been heard from the settlement since March. Adammia celebrated Foundation Day on 11 April with a slightly smaller party in White Gold Palace than the previous year. The Empire suffered the loss of Creatuxia on 19 April due to inactivity, though Adammic Columbia was upgraded to a colony at the same time. Attention soon turned to public finance as the reserves of the Imperial Treasury reached £70 in May. A budget was approved by the Ruling Council on 16 May which prioritised AISA, aiming to get the space agency up and running again with a new rocket after the first rocket was damaged during the Andromeda 3 flight. Money was also spent on adhesive sticker paper in order to produce Imperial Mail stamps. The Imperial Archive and the Imperial Statistics Office were both established on 21 June, followed by the Colonial Council on 11 July. The concept of the Colonial Council was created by the Emperor after Lord Sir Grant Hawkins expressed his wish that the colonies were better able to influence national legislation in May.
Local Elections were called by the Emperor on 5 July, marking the beginning of the 2015 election season. The Emperor was keen to promote the role of political parties in the Empire on the basis that the competition between parties would encourage other Adammic leaders besides the Emperor to contribute more of their own ideas. Discussions between the Emperor and Sir Christopher Hall led to suggestions that a right-wing party could be formed, but this was soon forgotten about - instead Emperor Mother Jayne founded the Moderate Party and Sir Reginald Hall founded the Labour Party, both on 18 July. Although no seats changed hands in local elections held on 25 July, manifestos published by the Liberal and Moderate parties encouraged previously independent members of Council to join parties, with independents eventually making up less than half the Council. Before the National Election was held, the Office of the Emperor proposed an amendment to the Supreme Directive under which (amongst other things) all Council members would be able to run for the office of Prime Minister instead of just Councilors. A referendum was held on 2 August and the Second Amendment was promptly enacted. In the National Election held on 16 August, Emperor Mother Jayne was re-elected to a third term as Prime Minister, though her first as a Moderate instead of an independent, beating Labour candidate Sir Paul McKenna. Meanwhile, Sir Matthew Foster was introduced to the Council as Duke of Watertopia, replacing Madam Julie Foster as Duchess (though she still retained a seat as Councilor).
In the final few months of the year, the Emperor began working on implementing the Liberal Party manifesto with three Acts of Council: the Citizenship Act 2015 which was passed by Council on 3 October, the Imperial Government Act 2015 on 7 November 2015, and the Political Parties Act 2015 on 5 December. The Imperial Government Act was the most notable of these, establishing the Cabinet Office and the position of Cabinet Secretary, splitting the executive into the Cabinet and the Imperial Civil Service, and enforcing mandatory monthly Cabinet meetings. October also saw Adammia's first ever tourist visit on the 18th, a historic milestone, when travel writer Jonny Blair was given a tour of Tytannia province by the Emperor. AISA also attempted to launch its Andromeda 4 flight on this day, but this mission ended up being unsuccessful.
The Adammic government began putting in motion Moderate Party plans for a Christmas Eve party, but this had to be rescheduled, with an unscheduled Cabinet meeting authorised by Deputy Prime Minister Madam Julie Foster for the first time moving the event to New Year's Eve. The same meeting saw the Emperor rushing through measures to buy a tent for the Adammic Army, which was frowned upon by the Moderate Party but ultimately went ahead.
In January 2016, following a surge of interest in Adammia in Crown Prince Daniel's year at the local British school, El Grandens and Kappania both joined the Empire. Vandal attacks by another local student against the Empire's MicroWiki articles led to the leaders of these new territories forming the Adammic National Party. Initially focusing on policies to counteract the vandal, the ANP soon switched to Trump-like "populist" policies which had very limited success in the wider empire. Lord Sir Grant Hawkins also founded a Conservative Party, but it would have very little effect.
In February, the Ruling Council passed the Diplomacy and Terrorism Act, which had been forwarded from the Ruling Council. This was followed by the National Holidays Act, which established Democracy Day as an official national holiday, amongst others. However, shortly afterwards, Madam Winifred Hall became seriously ill, and by the end of March had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Hall passed away on 11 April 2016, causing much grief for the House of Hall and causing government activity to grind to a halt and the economy to enter recession as most micronational affairs were suspended. Following her funeral on 27 April, Sir David Hall was appointed her successor as Minister of the Environment.
Activity in Adammia slowly began to resume with the passing of legislation such as the Elections and Diplomacy Act in May and Imperial Decree XL in June, in which the Office of the Emperor established control over heraldry in Adammia, a new avenue for cultural development. The Grand Unified Micronational had also returned as a fully-fledged intermicronational organisation, and Adammia soon signed up, ratifiying the new Charter in early June. Meanwhile, the colony of Borealia was faced with the prospect of its leader, Sir Will McCracken, leaving for university in September, leaving the future of the colony extremely uncertain; a similar situation was unfolding in the provinces as the Emperor himself prepared to move to university. In the Borealian Futures document put before the Colonial Council in February, the Borealian Cabinet proposed a referendum on Borealian independence. In July, the Emperor visited Borealia for the first and last time, when it became apparent that support for remaining in the Empire was very thin. On 1 August, Borealia voted for independence by 8 votes to 3, and soon transformed into the Mohawk Empire, creating a military alliance with Adammia. Adammic Columbia followed Borealia out of the Empire 10 days later after Lord Sir Grant Hawkins defected to Wyvern's Holy Roman Empire, leaving Adammia's colonial ambitions crippled.
In July, as had become traditional, local elections were held, in which no seats changed hands, except for Myway, which held its local election late, in August, and saw Labour candidate Eleanor Hall defeating the Liberal incumbent Madam Debbie Shaw. Far more interesting was the National Election on 13 August, which was essentially a rematch of the previous year's election between Moderate Emperor Mother Jayne and Labour Sir Paul McKenna. However, this time McKenna won by a single vote, becoming the Empire's second Prime Minister. In September, the Ruling Council passed the Esports Act 2016, changing the national sport from motor racing to esports. A reform of public finances in October saw an official budget being passed which deliberately aimed to run a budget deficit in the 2016-17 financial year, in order to reduce the reserves of over £100 which sat unspent in the Treasury.
As a result of Borealia and Adammic Columbia leaving the Empire, the Emperor compensated by promoting the territories of El Grandens, Kappania and Dearneland in colony status. After the Emperor moved to the University of Birmingham in September, he established the Colony of Alluria in October. Then, in November, the now-Colonel McCracken founded a new colony, Midgard, and Hawkins, having felt let-down by the Holy Roman Empire, returned to Adammia along with Adammic Columbia. At this point, there were 7 seats on the Colonial Council. Two of these were held by the ANP, and McCracken's Imperial Party also supported them and later merged with them in December. This put the ANP in a strong position and they were able to send several motions to the Ruling Council; first, in August, was a bill to call a referendum on changing the national anthem to Sir Cavan Garfield's single, Succ, which, after some confusion, the Ruling Council rejected. The ANP and the Emperor's Liberal Party became increasingly antagonistic towards each other in the latter part of 2016. This came to a head in November, when the Emperor issued an Imperial Decree revoking diplomatic recognition of the United States following the election of Donald Trump as US President, prompting fury from the ANP and other elements of Adammia's emerging, mostly colonial, right-wing. This triggered the first ever election for the Emperor's Ruling Council seat, the Delegate of the Colonies. Held on the 24th, the election saw the Emperor holding his seat by 4 votes to 3, with the combined ANP-Imperial vote putting pressure on his position. In the end, Prime Minister McKenna decided that revoking recognition of the USA was disrespectful to the American electorate and, for the first time in Adammic history, tabled a motion to overturn an Imperial Decree, which the Ruling Council successfully passed, restoring recognition of the USA.
Towards the end of the year, a more peaceful tone was struck, with the Emperor attending the largely ANP cultural event known as JoelonianCon on 23 December. Meanwhile, a Third Amendment to the Supreme Directive had been proposed which reformed the basics of the judicial system, in anticipation of more detailed legislation from the Liberal Party in 2017. A referendum was held on the amendment on New Year's Eve, and it passed by 11 votes to 5, with most of the opposition coming from the ANP.
- 13th - The Empire of Adammia is founded; the flag is designed
- 14th - The first honourary citizen is accepted
- 15th - The Supreme Directive is first drafted
- 16th - The blog that would later become the Adammic Express is created
- 17th - The YouTube channel that would later become Adammic Online Television is created
- 19th - The first version of the Supreme Directive is adopted
- 21st - Tytannia is claimed, the Military is formed
- 24th - Maternia is annexed
- 26th - The Treasury is founded
- 27th - The Adammic Imperial Province is annexed
- 28th - Tytannia and Sapientia are annexed; The Adammic Army begins training
- 2nd - The First Amendment to the original Supreme Directive is issued
- 4th - The national symbols, including the National Anthems and Coat of Arms, come into effect
- 5th - The Skirmish of Tytannia takes place between the Adammic Army and a rogue citizen
- 6th - The territory system of regions and provinces, along with the nobility, is introduced
- 12th - The Empire becomes a provisional member of the Grand Unified Micronational
- 2nd - Emperor Adam I gives his first speech in Tytannia
- 5th - The honours system is introduced, with the Order of Adammia being founded
- 9th - Adammia is upgraded to a full member of the GUM
- 21st - The state media is formed, with the Adammic Express and Adammic Online Television being founded
- 23rd - The June 2013 Supreme Directive is revealed in a press release
- 24th - Expedition to the Holderness Coast
- 30th - Adammia's first referendum brings the new Supreme Directive into law, founding the Ruling Council, National Government and the Grand Court
- 6th - First meeting of the Ruling Council
- 8th - Adammia signs its first bilateral treaty, with Burnham
- 14th - Emperor Adam introduces a censorship Decree regarding information on the Internet
- 18th - The first Local Election takes place, in Maternia
- 21st - The first Act of Council, regarding the legislature's internal procedures, is passed; the ID Card project is begun
- 2nd - AB Animation Ltd. is nationalised, the first entity to go through this process
- 3rd - The LIST Party is established
- 6th - The Adammic Navy and Adammic Air Force are founded
- 8th - Creatuxia is annexed
- 20th - Expedition to the Yorkshire Air Museum
- 24th - Expedition to the Insomnia Gaming Festival, where the first ID cards are issued
- 25th - Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher is elected Prime Minister in the first National Election
- 1st - The original eight Ministries of the National Government are created by Act of Council; the Office of State is founded and Emperor Adam I becomes Lord Chancellor; Prime Minister Jayne Belcher appoints what is now known as the Cabinet, with Sir Reginald Hall becoming the first Deputy PM
- 21st - The Contributions scheme is created
- 4th - The Air Force gains its first recruit
- 8th - The Imperial Institutes of History and Geography are founded
- 26th - The Aerican Empire's Topin Wagglegammon is observed as the Empire's first ever national holiday
- 28th - Many previous Imperial Decrees are amended; AB Animation Ltd. is privatised
- 29th - Emperor Adam gives his second address to the nation
- 3rd - Work on the first fabric flag begins
- 16th - The First Amendment to the Supreme Directive is approved by the population
- 24th - The Adammic flag is flown for the first time in a test
- 25th - The first person emigrates from Adammia, from Creatuxia
- 26th - Tytannia and Sapientia are merged
- 4th - The Imperial Skype Lounge is founded
- 8th - The first Cabinet meeting is held
- 12th - empireofadammia.org.uk is purchased, the first time that public funds are spent
- 15th - Emperor Adam becomes Vice-Chair of the GUM
- 22nd - An amendments Act of Council is passed, which includes, amongst other things, the renaming of the Adammic Imperial Province to Primoria
- 25th - The Emperor gives his first ever Christmas Broadcast
- 29th - Watertopia is annexed
- 4th - Myway is annexed
- 12th - The Jagstonian Plains and Tytannia Ulterior are claimed
- 17th - A treaty establishing diplomatic relations is signed with Uberstadt
- 19th - A treaty establishing diplomatic relations is signed with Florenia
- 21st - Astley Meadow is claimed
- 23rd - The Skirmish of Astley Meadow is fought between a British insurgent, and the Adammic Army and its pro-Adammia supporters
- 2nd - A referendum to change the National Anthem is inconclusive
- 9th - AISA is founded; The Ministry of Infrastructure is created; The Office of the Emperor assumes control over the National Government; Imperial City is created as the Empire's capital city; the Flappy Bird Crisis leads to the creation of the Adammic Police Force
- 12th - A storm causes a de-facto state of emergency to be declared in Creatuxia
- 16th - Emperor Adam I becomes the first Adammic citizen to chair a Quorum of the Grand Unified Micronational, in his capacity as Vice-Chair
- 19th - On his 16th birthday, Emperor Adam releases his first Birthday Honours List; a 21-gun salute is fired in the Empire for the first time ever
- 3rd - Imperial Decree XXII changes the Coat of Arms and names Sydney Saindon the first ever Princess Consort. The Coat of Arms design is imported from the Ashukov Federation, the Empire's first ever import.
- 8th - The National Government is organised into agencies and government-owned companies; Imperial Mail is established; the Adammic Motor Racing Association, the first sports-related entity, is established
- 23rd - Imperial Mail issues its first stamps
- 30th - Chariots of Fire replaces Sim Broadway as the Adammic National Anthem
- 1st - Immigration into the Empire, in Maternia, happens for the first time
- 12th-13th - The Empire celebrates its first Foundation Day; the first mission of AISA's Andromeda Program results in a failure
- 23rd - The Codex of Adammic Law is completed by the Office of State
- 3rd - The Economy Act 2014 is passed, leading to companies such as the Capital Wine Company and Top Hat Software registering themselves.
- 23rd - The Military of Adammia is demobilised after the majority of its members finish high school
- 9th - Adammia signs a treaty establishing diplomatic relations with the Noble Republic of Lurk
- 21st - AISA's Andromeda 2 mission results in another failure
- 27th - Logos are imported from Ashukovo for AOB, AISA and the Adammic Police Force
- 6th - Adammia's GDP is calculated for the first time
- 12th - The Emergency Situations Act 2014 is passed; the LIST Party produces the Empire's first ever Party Political Broadcast
- 14th - Astley Meadow is ceded back to the UK
- 20th - Neutrality is declared in the Freedomian Aggression
- 22nd - DEONQED is merged with the Empire and is transformed into the territory of Borealia
- 27th-30th - The Imperial Family visits Wales and constructs Fort Marie
- 9th-10th - The Adammic National Election 2014, which re-elects Jayne Belcher as Prime Minister for a second term
- 13th - The Borealian Foundry is successfully tested for the first time
- 17th - The first State Opening of Council begins II Legislature and Julie Foster replaces Reginald Hall as Deputy PM in a minor Cabinet reshuffle
- 20th - Emperor Adam I authorises troops stationed in Borealia to carry out Operation Reconquista - this endeavour is ultimately fruitless
- 25th - The Emperor tours the entirety of West Adammia in one day and the IIG surveys Watertopia province in the process
- 5th - The Ministry of Defence sets up "Spheres of influence" around Adammic territory
- 13th - Emperor Adam I becomes the first ever Adammic Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational; the Foundry in Borealia explodes in an industrial accident
- 27th - A treaty is signed establishing diplomatic relations with Leylandiistan
- 28th - The Ruling Council approves funding for an Air Force RC quadcopter and the then-unnamed Populus Imperium monument
- 11th - Adammia adopts the metric system
- 12th - The LIST Party changes its name to the Liberal Party
- 21st - The Imperial Skelton Party is registered
- 26th - AISA successfully launches the Andromeda 3 mission from the Jagstonian Plains; the Populus Imperium monument is completed and unveiled
- 30th - Creatuxia is relocated to a much larger property, doubling the total size of the Empire; Borealia is upgraded to Colony status
- 9th-14th - Half of the Military of Adammia's personnel is made redundant
- 15th - The Ruling Council adopts full parliamentary procedure
- 7th - The Cabinet discusses broad new plans for the economy and future projects, such as a university
- 11th-17th - The Mohawk Diplomatic Crisis
- 25th - As part of the Emperor's Christmas Broadcast, Emperor Adam reads a short message by the Prime Minister Emperor Mother Jayne, her first direct message to the nation
- 26th - Snowfall is recorded for the first time in the Empire's history
- 11th - The Empire of Nova Atlantis becomes part of Adammia and is transformed into the territory of Adammic Columbia
- 12th - Mohawkian Empire leader Tom Martin floods the Imperial Skype Lounge with spam, the only known Mohawk incursion into the Adammic sphere of influence
- 21st - Commodore Dan Pettinger enlists in the AAF as the head of the 1st Imperial Air Group
- 25th - The minimum wage is introduced and the National Employment Agency is established; Lord David Hall becomes Sergeant-at-Arms of the Ruling Council and the head of the Imperial Guard
- 28th - General Sir Will McCracken becomes the Emperor's official military advisor
- 1st - Blizzard hits Adammic Columbia; General Sir Will McCracken loses contact with the Emperor until the 14th
- 7th - The Defence Act 2015 is passed
- 14th - Dearneland joins the Empire and becomes the headquarters of the AAF
- 22nd - The Capital Wine Company rebrands itself as Capital Brewery Ltd.
- 7th - Scouts of the 2nd Infantry Division discover a settlement near Borealia
- 15th - The minimum wage project is cancelled
- 29th - A treaty of mutual recognition is signed with Flandrensis
- 7th - The Imperial Warrant of Appointment system is created
- 11th - Foundation Day is celebrated
- 19th - Creatuxia leaves the Empire; Adammic Columbia is upgraded to a colony
- 16th - The Ruling Council approves a budget, focusing primarily on AISA
- 11th - The Colonial Council is established
- 18th - The Moderate and Labour parties are established
- 25th - Local elections take place
- 2nd - The Second Amendment to the Supreme Directive is approved by referendum
- 16th - Emperor Mother Jayne is re-elected in the National Election
- 20th - Sir Matthew Foster becomes a Duke, joining the Ruling Council
- 5th - The Recognition of Koss Act and the Borealia Reform Act are passed
- 11th - The 4th Auxiliary Regiment is created
- 3rd - The Citizenship Act 2015 is passed
- 18th - Jonny Blair visits Adammia
- 30th - Hallowe'en is declared a national holiday
- 7th - The Cabinet Office is established; Adam I becomes Cabinet Secretary; Monthly Cabinet meetings become mandatory
- 25th - The Imperial Skelton Party is renamed the Imperial Party
- 29th - Madam Julie Foster exercises the powers of the Deputy Prime Minister for the first time by authorising an unscheduled Cabinet meeting
- 5th - The Political Parties Act 2015 is passed
- 31st - The first Emperor's Fabulous Quiz is held at the government's New Year's Eve party
- 1st - Daniel Callaghan begins vandalising Adammic MicroWiki pages
- 2nd - Borealian Futures is submitted to the Colonial Council, first raising the prospect of independence
- 13th - The Diplomacy and Terrorism Act 2016 is passed
- 17th - The Adammic National Party and the Conservative Party are established
- 18th - Borealia is divided into new sub-divisions following recent expansion
- 6th - The National Holidays Act 2016 is passed
- Environment Minister Madam Winifred Hall becomes ill, causing activity to grind to a halt
- 11th - Madam Winifred Hall dies aged 70; Sir David Hall becomes Duke of Tytannia
- 27th - Sir David Hall is appointed Environment Minister following Madam Winifred's funeral
- 14th - The Elections and Diplomacy Act 2016 is passed
- 4th - The Ruling Council ratifies the Charter of the new Grand Unified Micronational
- 10th - The Office of the Emperor assumes control over heraldry in Adammia
- 2nd - The Land Ownership Act 2016 is passed
- 10th - Emperor Adam I visits Borealia
- 23rd - Local elections are held
- 30th - Succ, the first album to be produced in Adammia, is released
- 1st - Borealia votes to leave the Empire in the Borealian Independence Referendum; El Grandens and Kappania become colonies, giving the ANP a majority on the Colonial Council
- 3rd - Adammia forms a military alliance with the Mohawk Empire, the successor state to Borealia
- 11th - Adammic Columbia leaves the Empire and joins the Holy Roman Empire; Dearneland becomes a colony; Burghlia is claimed as a new colony; the Conservative Party is dissolved
- 13th - The 2016 National Election takes place; Sir Paul McKenna is announced as the Empire's second Prime Minister a few days later
- 20th - The Ruling Council votes down legislation for the first time, this being the ANP's National Anthem Referendum Bill forwarded via the Colonial Council
- 10th - The National Sport is changed to Esports; the Adammic Esports Association is established as the Adammic Motor Racing Association is dissolved
- 18th - The Emperor leaves Adamsville to move into accommodation near the University of Birmingham
- 8th - Alluria is claimed as a colony
- 20th - The total number of citizens (inc. honourary) reaches 100
- 29th - The Public Finance Act 2016 is passed
- 4th - The Emperor's Fabulous Pub Quiz is launched in Alluria as a spin-off of the Emperor's Fabulous Quiz
- 9th - Imperial Decree XLIV causes controversy by withdrawing recognition of the United States following the election of Donald Trump
- 14th - Adammic Columbia leaves the Holy Roman Empire and rejoins Adammia; Midgard is claimed as a colony
- 24th - Emperor Adam I is re-elected as Delegate of the Colonies
- 23rd - Joelonian Con takes place in Kappania, taking place in Adammia for the first time
- 31st - The Empire votes to adopt the Third Amendment to the Supreme Directive in a referendum