Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Ministry of Defence (Adammia)
|Ministry of Defence|
|Logo of the ministry|
|Sign at the entrance to the Ministry|
|Formed||1 September 2013|
|Dissolved||25 November 2018|
|Superseding Ministry||Ministry of Patriotism|
|Jurisdiction||Empire of Adammia|
|Employees||19 (inc. Military and Police Force)|
|Minister responsible||Lady Worthington, Minister of Defence|
|Child agencies|| Military of Adammia|
Adammic Police Force
The Ministry of Defence was the government department responsible for the defence and security of the Empire of Adammia between 2013 and 2018. It was one of the original eight Ministries created by the Government Ministries Act 2013 on 1 September 2013. It was merged with the Ministry of Citizenship and Information to form the Ministry of Patriotism in November 2018.
The Ministry of Defence also owned a site in the Jebediah Hills in Primoria just outside of Adamsville. The site is classified as a restricted zone and its purpose was unknown.
|Name||Portrait||Term of office||Political party||Prime Minister||Notes|
|HIH Emperor Father Kevin||1 September 2013||24 November 2013||Independent||HIH Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher||Completely inactive. Military completely administered by Emperor Adam I during his term.|
|HIM Emperor Adam I||24 November 2013||20 August 2016||Liberal Party||HIH Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher||Oversaw the creation of the Adammic Police Force. Mobilised the armed forces during the occupations of January 2014 and the subsequent Astley Meadow Insurgency.|
|HIH Prince Jake||20 August 2016||19 August 2017||Liberal Party||HG Sir Paul McKenna||Authorised the first Military General Manual.|
|HG Sir Paul McKenna COA||19 August 2017||28 October 2017||Labour Party||HIH Prince Jake||Inactive minister.|
|HG Admiral Emily Simpson||28 October 2017||2 December 2017||Nuclear So-and-so Party||HIH Prince Jake||Provisional appointment.|
|HG Lord Commodore Sir Joe Daniels COA||2 December 2017||13 June 2018||Liberal Party||Lord Helliker||Inactive minister.|
|HG Lord Sir Alex Helliker PM KCM KOV||13 June 2018||23 October 2018||Moderate Party||Lord Helliker|
|HG Lady Madam Anna Worthington DM||23 October 2018||26 November 2018||Storm Party||Sir Juliano Saunders||Merged the department into the Ministry of Patriotism.|
Sphere of Influence
The Ministry of Defence operated a system of "spheres of influence" which corresponded to geographical areas surrounding Adammic territories which the Empire had some degree of ability to influence. There were four grades of spheres of influence. The first three, because of how precise they are, could not be made public for security reasons. Threats to the Empire in each sphere of influence correlated to a DEFCON system ranging from 5 (no threat) to 1 (armed forces ordered to engage).
- Grade 1 Sphere of Influence - this extended to the macronational streets and houses immediately adjoining the Adammic provinces and colonies. It was typically possible to see into any part of the Grade 1 SoI from some point on the Adammic border. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 1 SoI must have been met with military force. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 1 SoI was minutes.
- Grade 2 Sphere of Influence - this extended to the known walking range distance of Adammic provinces and colonies, and thus included most of the macronational villages and cities in which these territories were located. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 2 SoI would have put the military and the government on high alert. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 2 SoI was hours.
- Grade 3 Sphere of Influence - this extended to areas within easy driving distance of Adammic provinces and colonies. It connected all the provinces, and encompassed many nearby macronational towns and villages, particularly those where Adammic troops happened to live. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 3 SoI would have lead to troops being mobilised and a state of readiness. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 3 SoI was days.
- Grade 4 Sphere of Influence - this extended to the known driving range of Adammic provinces and colonies, and it covered much of the United Kingdom. As its shape followed places which had been visited by Adammic citizens by car, it covered such places as Saundersfoot in Wales, Coventry, Whitby and Hull. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 4 SoI would have lead to the government and military monitoring the situation. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 4 SoI was weeks.
DEFCON over time
- 1 August 2017 - 19 February 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 19 February 2018 - 19 May 2018: DEFCON 3 - Perceived threat to Adammic sovereign territory by macronational criminals.
- 19 May 2018 - 9 October 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 9 October 2018 - present: DEFCON 3 - Sustained criminal activity in the Selly Oak area including an incident in the immediate vicinity of Dank-upon-Bourn.