Ministry of Defence (Adammia)
Sign at the entrance to the Ministry
|Formed||1 September 2013|
|Jurisdiction||Empire of Adammia|
|Employees||19 (inc. Military and Police Force)|
The Ministry of Defence is the government department responsible for the defence and security of the Empire of Adammia. It was one of the original eight Ministries created by the Government Ministries Act 2013 on 1 September 2013. It was merged with the Ministry of Citizenship and Information to form the Ministry of Patriotism in November 2018, but this merger was undone in October 2019, restoring the Ministry of Defence.
The Ministry of Defence also owns a site in the Jebediah Hills in Primoria just outside of Adamsville. The site is classified as a restricted zone and its purpose is unknown.
|Portrait||Name||Term of office||Political party||Prime Minister||Notes|
|HIH Emperor Father Kevin||1 September 2013||24 November 2013||Independent||HIH Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher||Completely inactive. Military completely administered by Emperor Adam I during his term.|
|HIM Emperor Adam I||24 November 2013||20 August 2016||Liberal Party||HIH Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher||Oversaw the creation of the Adammic Police Force. Mobilised the armed forces during the occupations of January 2014 and the subsequent Astley Meadow Insurgency.|
|HIH Prince Jake||20 August 2016||19 August 2017||Liberal Party||HG Sir Paul McKenna||Authorised the first Military General Manual.|
|HG Sir Paul McKenna COA||19 August 2017||28 October 2017||Labour Party||HIH Prince Jake||Inactive minister.|
|HG Admiral Emily Simpson||28 October 2017||2 December 2017||Nuclear So-and-so Party||HIH Prince Jake||Provisional appointment.|
|HG Lord Commodore Sir Joe Daniels COA||2 December 2017||13 June 2018||Liberal Party||Lord Helliker||Inactive minister.|
|HG Lord Sir Alex Helliker PM KCM KOV||13 June 2018||23 October 2018||Moderate Party||Lord Helliker||First Prime Minister to appoint themselves as Minister of Defence. Did little of note during his term.|
|HG Lady Madam Anna Worthington DM||23 October 2018||26 November 2018||Storm Party||Sir Juliano Saunders||Merged the department into the Ministry of Patriotism.|
|Merged into the Ministry of Patriotism|
Lady Anna Worthington was Minister of Patriotism from 26 November 2018 - 10 October 2019
Lord Oscar Gilmour was Minister of Patriotism from 10 October 2019 - 29 October 2019.
|Lord Sir Oscar Gilmour KOV||29 October 2019||14 October 2020||Liberal-Moderate Party||Lord Michael|
|HG Lord Alex Helliker KCM KOV||14 October 2020||25 October 2021||Independent Party||Lord Saunders|
|HG Lord Charles Michael MP COA||25 October 2021||7 December 2022||Liberal-Moderate Party||Lord Green|
|HIM Emperor Adam I||7 December 2022||Incumbent||Liberal-Moderate Party||Lord Michael|
Sphere of Influence
The Ministry of Defence operates a system of "spheres of influence" which correspond to geographical areas surrounding Adammic territories which the Empire has some degree of ability to influence. There are four grades of spheres of influence. The first three, because of how precise they are, cannot be made public for security reasons. Threats to the Empire in each sphere of influence correlate to a DEFCON system ranging from 5 (no threat) to 1 (armed forces ordered to engage).
- Grade 1 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the macronational streets and houses immediately adjoining the Adammic provinces and colonies. It is typically possible to see into any part of the Grade 1 SoI from some point on the Adammic border. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 1 SoI must be met with military force. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 1 SoI is minutes.
- Grade 2 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the known walking range distance of Adammic provinces and colonies, and thus includes most of the macronational villages and cities in which these territories are located. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 2 SoI would put the military and the government on high alert. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 2 SoI is hours.
- Grade 3 Sphere of Influence - this extends to areas within easy driving distance of Adammic provinces and colonies. It connects all the provinces, and encompasses many nearby macronational towns and villages, particularly those where Adammic troops happen to live. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 3 SoI would lead to troops being mobilised and a state of readiness. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 3 SoI is days.
- Grade 4 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the known driving range of Adammic provinces and colonies, and it covered much of the United Kingdom. As its shape follows places which had been visited by Adammic citizens by car, it coveres such places as Saundersfoot in Wales, Coventry, Whitby and Hull. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 4 SoI would lead to the government and military monitoring the situation. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 4 SoI is weeks.
DEFCON over time
- 1 August 2017 - 19 February 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 19 February 2018 - 19 May 2018: DEFCON 3 - Perceived threat to Adammic sovereign territory by macronational criminals.
- 19 May 2018 - 9 October 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 9 October 2018 - present: DEFCON 3 - Sustained criminal activity in the Selly Oak area including an incident in the immediate vicinity of Dank-upon-Bourn.