Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Ministry of Defence (Adammia)
|Ministry of Defence|
|Logo of the ministry|
|Sign at the entrance to the Ministry|
|Formed||1 September 2013|
|Jurisdiction||Empire of Adammia|
|Employees||19 (inc. Military and Police Force)|
|Minister responsible||Lord Helliker, Minister of Defence|
|Child agencies|| Military of Adammia|
Adammic Police Force
The Ministry of Defence is the government department responsible for the defence and security of the Empire of Adammia. It was one of the original eight Ministries created by the Government Ministries Act 2013 on 1 September 2013. The current Minister of Defence is Lord Sir Alex Helliker.
The official offices of the Ministry are currently in the Emperor's bedroom in the Imperial Household, Adamsville. During the leadership of Emperor Father Kevin, the offices were unofficially located in another room in the Imperial Household adjacent to the chambers of the Primoria Local Government.
The Ministry of Defence also owns a site in the Jebediah Hills in Primoria just outside of Adamsville. The site is classified as a restricted zone and its purpose is unknown.
|Name||Portrait||Term of office||Political party||Prime Minister||Notes|
|HIH Emperor Father Kevin||1 September 2013||24 November 2013||Independent||HIH Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher||Completely inactive. Military completely administered by Emperor Adam I during his term.|
|HIM Emperor Adam I||24 November 2013||20 August 2016||Liberal Party||HIH Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher||Oversaw the creation of the Adammic Police Force. Mobilised the armed forces during the occupations of January 2014 and the subsequent Astley Meadow Insurgency.|
|HIH Prince Jake||20 August 2016||19 August 2017||Liberal Party||HG Sir Paul McKenna||Authorised the first Military General Manual.|
|HG Sir Paul McKenna COA||19 August 2017||28 October 2017||Labour Party||HIH Prince Jake||Inactive minister.|
|HG Admiral Emily Simpson||28 October 2017||2 December 2017||Nuclear So-and-so Party||HIH Prince Jake||Provisional appointment.|
|HG Lord Commodore Sir Joe Daniels COA||2 December 2017||13 June 2018||Liberal Party||Lord Helliker||Inactive minister.|
|HG Lord Sir Alex Helliker PM KCM KOV||13 June 2018||Incumbent||Moderate Party||Lord Helliker|
Sphere of Influence
The Ministry of Defence operates a system of "spheres of influence" which correspond to geographical areas surrounding Adammic territories which the Empire has some degree of ability to influence. There are four grades of spheres of influence. The first three, because of how precise they are, cannot be made public for security reasons. Threats to the Empire in each sphere of influence correlates to a DEFCON system ranging from 5 (no threat) to 1 (armed forces ordered to engage). The current DEFCON level is 3.
- Grade 1 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the macronational streets and houses immediately adjoining the Adammic provinces and colonies. It is typically possible to see into any part of the Grade 1 SoI from some point on the Adammic border. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 1 SoI must be met with military force. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 1 SoI is minutes.
- Grade 2 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the known walking range distance of Adammic provinces and colonies, and thus includes most of the macronational villages and cities in which these territories are located. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 2 SoI would put the military and the government on high alert. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 2 SoI is hours.
- Grade 3 Sphere of Influence - this extends to areas within easy driving distance of Adammic provinces and colonies. It connects all the provinces, and encompasses many nearby macronational towns and villages, particularly those where Adammic troops happen to live. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 3 SoI would lead to troops being mobilised and a state of readiness. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 3 SoI is days.
- Grade 4 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the known driving range of Adammic provinces and colonies, and it covers much of the United Kingdom. As its shape follows places which have been visited by Adammic citizens by car, it covers such places as Saundersfoot in Wales, Coventry, Whitby and Hull. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 4 SoI would lead to the government and military monitoring the situation. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 4 SoI is weeks.
DEFCON over time
- 1 August 2017 - 19 February 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 19 February 2018 - 19 May 2018: DEFCON 3 - Perceived threat to Adammic sovereign territory by macronational criminals.
- 19 May 2018 - present: DEFCON 5 - No threat.