Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 75,986 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 222,778 pages and 39,442 articles, of which 131 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The Indonesian micronations shock (Indonesian: Geger negara mikro) refers to the sudden popular interest and media frenzy to several communities with micronation-like characteristics exposed to the public in early January 2020, followed by harsh response from Indonesian authorities who arrested several founders of the communities that went viral. The shock began on 10 January 2020, when the existence of Keraton Agung Sejagat (Great Palace of the Universe) went viral among the Indonesian public after videos and photos of its grandiose royal parade circulated on Indonesian social media. Another community, Sunda Empire, was known later to the public on 15 January, after series of videos of its activities (most notably its "military" defiles) were exposed. (more...)
Adam I, Emperor of Adammia with four of Adammia's seven Prime Ministers, taken at Imperial City on Adammia's tenth Foundation Day on 15 April 2023. L-R: Emperor Mother Jayne (2013-2016); Lord Paul McKenna (2016-2017); Emperor Adam I; Prince Jake (2017); Lord Charles Michael (2019-2020, 2022-present).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that while Austenasia has both a House of Representatives and a Senate, only the former is part of the parliament?
- Friday 1st December saw a new Austenasian land claim founded roughly 26 miles north of Bucharest. The new territory, Prahova, consists of just over 61 acres of forested land, together with part of a river...
- 29 Nov: The 2023 MOF Games Conclude
- The 2023 Micronational Olympic Federation Games hosted by Saspearian have concluded. The games began on June 17th of this year, which saw 15 nations in participation, with around 25 cyletes...
- The nations of Dracul and Westarctica came together this afternoon, as a head of state visit initiated at 1:30pm central. This was the first time a Westarctican official visited the Commonwealth. The ceremony kicked off in Bran District, the Capital of Dracul...
- 18 Nov: Imperial visit to Palasia
- Emperor Jonathan I today visited the Austenasian Town of Palasia in belated celebration of its tenth anniversary. The Emperor was met by Lord John Gordon...
- The City of Clarksbourg in Karnia-Ruthenia, as well as Bran District in Dracul signed a Memorandum of Understanding Thursday afternoon, officially declaring the cities as Sister Cities. The idea came about in a diplomatic meeting, late October 2023. The idea of sister cities is not uncommon, as many macro countries around the world establish them each year...
- Emperor Jonathan I and Empress Hannah have announced their creation of a new imperial dynastic house to mark the one year anniversary of their marriage. In an Imperial Edict issued earlier today, His Imperial Majesty announced the foundation of the House of Austen-Buchanan...
- The two heads of state for Dracul and Westarctica recently discussed plans for a state visit in late November 2023. His Grace Travis of Westarctica will be arriving, making this the second time Dracul held a visit for a larger, more well-known micronation, with Austenasia being the first...
- In a historic moment for Lostisland, we are proud to unveil our very first coins, the 1 real denomination, which are as unique as our young sovereign nation itself...
- 22 Nov: 2024 MOF eSports Games to be Hosted by Slitronia
- 27 Oct: Conservative People's Party votes to become Centre Party
- 27 Sep: Slitronia Responds to Kalia's Declaration of War
- 27 Aug: Emperor and Empress return from honeymoon
- 4 Aug: Condemnation of the Niger Invasion
- 20 Jul: Candidates announced for non-residential elections
- 5 Jul: Imperium Ratifies GUM Charter and Recognizes Republic of Artsakh
- 4 Apr: Samizdat joins the Intermicronational Union
- 4 Apr: Alsann football: Kersika City & League One reveal branding
- 2 Apr: Lyteran B-Series Notes Unveiled
Analysis and opinions
- SBC News (21 Jun) Issues concerning the Micronational Assembly; Revisited
- Titus Pergeleus (13 Feb) Opinion: Misinformation campaign against Rhōmanía will fail.
- Stephen Luke (12 Feb) Opinion: Are Chinese Balloons Threats to Micronations and Others?
- Multipolar World (12 Jan) Micronations and Lèse Majesté laws
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty (25 Dec) The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2022
- Adammic Online Broadcasting (25 Dec) The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast
- Stephen Luke (27 Oct) Micronational warfare: What is it good for and when is it suitable?
- The Assayer (2 Oct) Did I ever tell you about the time I was an Emperor?
- Dracul 1 – 17 Nov: 2023 Dracul Travel TV Ad
- – 13 Aug: Banstead Heath and Colley Hill 1.5.2023 IGS Expedition
- – 21 July: S2E10: MicroCon ‘23 Results & Event Planning
- – 17 Feb: How To MicroWiki with Charles Ross
- Sendersia – 4 Feb: Kybistani volunteers training video
- – 27 Jan: Micronational Burnout
- Sendersia – 27 Jan: Sendersian patriotic warsong - We're not afraid of you, Krlesia!
- – 13 Jan: Why So Serious, with Kevin Baugh