Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 54,581 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 181,974 pages and 34,853 articles, of which 113 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The flag of Xagħra (Maltese: Il-Bandiera tax-Xagħra), an incorporated, unorganised territory of the Democratic Christian Federation of Melite, is a rectangular bicolour with a field divided into white on the hoist, and red on the fly. It is based on the layout and proportions of the naval flag of Portugal between 1830 and 1910, and derives its colours from the flag of Malta. Designed by Melitian president, Matthew Tonna, it was instated as the flag of the Xagħra Territory upon its formalisation on 17 July 2022 by the Parliament of Melite. No physical flags bearing the design exist. (more...).
This month in history
- Establishment - Kingdom of Callaway (Unknown, 1861), Rushymia (Unknown, 1995); Kingdom of the Taklamacan (Unknown, 2005); Hiraeth (4 Oct 2016); Imperium Aquilae (4 Oct 2019); Turkish Colonial Empire (5 Oct 2014); People's Republic of Duke (5 October 2017); Kingdom of Auvenum (6 October, 2018), Republic of New Custosia (10 Oct 2016); Los Bay Petros (14 Oct 2009); Barrington (17 Oct 2008); Optima (20 Oct 2008); Sabia and Verona (20 Oct 2012); Saspearian (20 Oct 2017); Empire of Enok (24 Oct 2016); Erusia (27 Oct 2008); Wyvern (27 Oct 2009); Bokonton (28 Oct 2007); Sprinske Empire (30 Oct 2020);
- 1st - The Second Rovian Empire celebrates Royal Family Jubilee Day.
- Unknown - A joint attack on the Quiet Area by the Word Life Gang and Midget Army is repulsed (2003).
- 6th - The League of Hellenistic Micronations is founded. (2016).
- 7th - The Kingdom of Custosia disbands. (2016).
- 10th - New Custosia is founded on the first day of the Custosian Reformation. (2016).
- 15th - Greater Rovian Empire disbands.
- 17th - Esmond III, Emperor of Austenasia becomes the first King of Rushymia in over a decade after retrieving King Alex's Bottle (2010).
- 20th - The Confederation Dollar becomes the currency of the Confederation of Awesome (2010).
- 20th - Saspearian is founded (2017).
- 26th - Topin Wagglegammon, originating in the Aerican Empire, is observed in many micronations (since 1998).
- 30th - The Organisation of Active Micronations is founded (2009).
- 30th - The Sprinske Empire is founded after 2 days of the Sprinske Revolution (2020).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- Following the illegal “referendum” and annexation of Southern and Eastern Ukraine as well as the continuing Russian invasion of Ukraine, President Yaroslav Mar signed a Decree On impeding the malicious activity of the Russian Federation and implementing sanctions against Russian and Belarusian residents...
- Dracul Regional Broadcast, LLC has teamed up with Dracul Channels 1, 2, and 13, to put together an internship program, aimed at teaching micronationalists proper journalism and TV station technology...
- Hurricane Ian caused historic storm surge, flooding, winds, and rain on Wednesday afternoon, as it made landfall near Tampa, Florida. While many evacuated the area, others stayed behind with harsh consequences...
- 25 Sep - Adammia rumbles back to life: Ninth Amendment to the Supreme Directive is drafted, whilst Lib-Mods announce their annual conference
- After a big period of inactivity which Adammia hasn’t seen since early 2017, the Empire is beginning to return to life, with senior officials hoping to address the lethargy which crippled the last scheduled election...
- September 25th marks Dracul’s 5th birthday, with half a decade of success to be bragged about. The nation has been known for gaining attention since 2017, due to its professionalism and seriousness, especially in terms of government and military actions...
- Draculians will once again this month find themselves in a (virtual) voting booth on Monday, as the Founder’s Committee of Dracul has proposed a new national flag, Great Seal, and Emblem...
- Alongside much of the world, micronations across the globe are responding with sorrow as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom and the many Commonwealth realms, passed away aged 96 as one of the longest-serving heads of state in history. At home in Adammia, the Emperor has decreed that tomorrow (Friday the 9th) will be a day of national mourning...
- 8 Sep - Queen Elizabeth II dies aged 96
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has died after a reign of 70 years. Emperor Jonathan I has announced an Empire-wide state of mourning to last until the Queen’s funeral...
- 4 Oct - Tensions form between Stomaria, Slowjamastan, and others, amid remixed music video
- 4 Oct - Samizdat questions decision to delete MicroWiki page
- 2 Oct - Several Programs Announce Funding for the Website "Feeb Texts Online"
- 1 Oct - The Equality Party has been dissolved
- 29 Sep - Rashtradhyaksh grants Autumn List of Honours 2022 ahead of Sharadotsav
- 28 Sep - Kaetania Observes Oqre 20th as Eddsworld Appreciation Day
- 27 Sep - UTC+5 In the Rebel states is Back, It's the 2nd year we are doing this, why?
- 27 Sep - Military Reforms Spark New Generation for Lurdentanian Forces
- 25 Sep - Thunderstorm clashes Badar city
- 25 Sep - British gang war on Sharkish soil: King Alfredo I declares war on UK
Analysis and opinions
- Bruce Cooper 22 Sep - Is Dracul a Monarchy? Who is President?
- The Penn Press 15 Sep - Statement on Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- KTV: Answering Your Questions 13 Sep - Opinion: Should Arazania be considered a Kaetanian Protectorate?
- The Imperial Tribune 9 Sep - Death of Elizabeth II: a Statement by the Basileús
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 9 Sep - Emperor pays tribute to Elizabeth II
- Jarrahview Post 9 Sep - Commemorating the Queen - Daniel Hamilton
- Stephen Luke 17 Aug - MicroEd - Mark Your Sovereignty
- Charles of Raphania 14 Aug - Grand Emir Charles' full MicroCon presentation: How nations inspire Micronations
- Micro Improvement 26 Sep - S2E2: Proper Planning
- Dracul 26 Sep - Highlights from Dracul’s 5th Birthday
- Dracul 25 Sep - Dracul’s 5 Year Adventure (2017-2022)
- The Bran House 24 Sep - Chancellor Luke reflects upon 5 years of Dracul’s existence
- Televiziunea Snagoveanŭ 19 Sep - National Anthem of the Snagovian Federation - Do not fear, my comrade
- TVT Raphania 13 Sep - A Breakfast Chat With Grand Emir Charles
- DRB Films 28 Aug - Continuing the Heritage
- Jordan Grigg 27 Aug - Draculian Waltz No. 2