Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 61,742 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 193,169 pages and 36,440 articles, of which 110 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
A micronation is, broadly speaking, any self-proclaimed sovereign state without international recognition that is treated differently to a state with limited recognition. There is no widely accepted consensus on the definition of a micronation within the field of micropatriology. Geographically, most micronations are very small, are often the outgrowth of a single individual, rely on their sovereign state (macronation) to some extent, and mimic nation-states by proclaiming national symbols—such as a flag—and issuing coins, banknotes or passports. Micronations can be founded for a variety of reasons, including discontent with one's country, personal entertainment, theoretical experimentation, protest, artistic expression, satire, tourism and the conduct of criminal activity. Most micronational claims are considered trivial enough to be ignored by the sovereign states whose territory they claim. (more...).
Taken at St. Mary's Church in Beddington, 5 November 2022, at the Anglican wedding service of Emperor Jonathan I and Princess Hannah, in the chapel during the signing of the register. L-R: Fr. Andrew Fenby, HIH Emperor Father Terry, Lord Timothy Boxall, HIM Emperor Jonathan I, the maid of honour, HI&SH Princess Hannah, other bridesmaids, HIH Crown Princess Caroline, HIM Emperor Adam I.
This month in history
- Establishment - Keep Watch (3 Feb 2009); Kingdom of Dranoria (8 Feb 2011); United Republic of Arlberg (14 Feb 2004); Great Lawl Reich (17 Feb 2014); Republic of Roscamistan (18 February 2021) Hellenistic Empire of Cimbrun (21 Feb 2021) Independent Hidden State of Tranquillity (28 Feb 2009); Kingdom of Zealandia (28 Feb 2010); Democratic Republic of Subejia (28 Feb 2021)
- 4th - Princess Caroline of Austenasia abdicates her title of Midget Master, making Midget Fuhrer Thomas IV the new ruler of the Midget Nation-in-Exile (2010).
- 7th - Barnaby Hands and Shane Mills ratify the Treaty of Whitwell Road, officially ending hostilities in the Guist War. (2011)
- 11th - Prince Christopher of Vikesland leads a reconnaissance mission to Ernst Thälmann Island on behalf of Molossia as part of the War with East Germany (2009).
- 12th - The Second Rovian Empire celebrates Monarchy Anniversary Day.
- 12th-14th - First General Elections held in Eniarku (2010).
- 15th - Kaznia tries to forget its past and start anew during the Kaznian Rebirth (2007); Stiofán mac Gabha is suspended from the office of Chancellor of the Aristocracy of Coleraine and Lucius Kenley is elected in his place (2009).
- 15th-16th - Abdication crisis of Terry I takes place in Austenasia, resulting in Esmond III succeeding as Monarch of Austenasia (2010).
- 17th-18th - Los Bay Petrosian Civil War takes place (2010).
- 20th - Palmyra Creek Mayoral election takes place in Petorio (2009).
- 21st -
- 23rd - Following the establishment of the Federation, Isadora of Annenak becomes Queen of Sabia and Verona. (2014)
- 28th - Ciprian of Juclandia and Tarik of Sabia and Verona sign the Alios Agreement, reforming the FUJL into a supra-national union and granting both nations full sovereignty (2016).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that while Austenasia has both a House of Representatives and a Senate, only the former is part of the parliament?
- A property in Portsmouth was yesterday designated the Diplomatic Residence to serve as a home for the imperial couple. Emperor Jonathan I and Empress Hannah moved into the property in November last year, shortly after their wedding...
- The Prezan Military Academy announced Tuesday afternoon that their 2023 semester will launch on March 6th. Prezan is a private academy, catering to micronationalists who seek proper leadership skills for militaries...
- The 2023 Saspearian General Election began on January 27 and ended at midnight Unueco Time on January 29, which saw a turnout of 71% (10/14), an increase of 31 points from the turnout of 40% (6/15) in the 2021 General Election, and the highest turnout in an election in Saspearian history. All six seats in parliament were up for election. The election was one seat short of having candidates, which is one seat in the province of Logejo, which is scheduled to be filled in through a special election or an appointment soon, according to Emperor Anthony I. The last general election for parliament was held two years ago, in January 2021, which had three seats up for election...
- Dracul, Cycoldia, and other nearby micronations in Houston are currently searching for damage after a tornado was confirmed by the US National Weather Service. Dracul and others are reporting no injuries and...
- The following is a bulletin of intermicronational news brought to you in part by Statistic-Dime. The following is an excerpt from the press release from Statistic-Dime...
- It was ten years ago today – 20 January 2013 – that His Imperial Majesty Emperor Jonathan I ascended to the Austenasian Throne. To mark this momentous occasion, today’s Imperial Ascension Day – an annual public holiday – has been declared the start of a Decennalia year, during which various celebratory events will take place...
- The Basileia of the Romans is in mourning following the death of the last King of the Hellenes, Constantine II. He was the last monarch of the Greek royal family and the last King of Greece. He passed away at the age of 82 this past Tuesday...
- The Micro Improvement podcast is set to return this Friday evening, with Host Stephen Luke and Molossia’s President Kevin Baugh discussing, “How to not take yourself so seriously” for micronationalists...
- 31 Jan -Today King Łukasz annulled the constitutions and also declared himself absolute monarchs of Kingdom
- 28 Jan - Official diplomatic relations between Sancratosia and Saint-Castin
- 27 Jan - Grebnar national radio "Radio Vityok" scheduled to air by the end of February
- 27 Jan - First Slitronian stamps arrive
- 27 Jan - The Onopolissian Local Table Tennis Tournament begins, for the first time in the country's history.
- 24 Jan - Sendersian government has launched a website for foreigners
- 23 Jan - United New England Micronations Far Right Notice
- 22 Jan - Græcia becomes the first micronation to pay their respects to His Majesty King Constantine II of the Hellenes
- 22 Jan - Snow damage in Bolgajna.
- 17 Jan - Nationalist rebels in Ausveria declare victory against Excelsior in the Second Ausverian Civil War
Analysis and opinions
- Multipolar World 12 Jan - Micronations and Lèse Majesté laws
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2022
- Adammic Online Broadcasting 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast
- Stephen Luke 27 Oct - Micronational warfare: What is it good for and when is it suitable?
- The Assayer 2 Oct – Did I ever tell you about the time I was an Emperor?
- Bruce Cooper 22 Sep - Is Dracul a Monarchy? Who is President?
- The Penn Press 15 Sep - Statement on Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- KTV: Answering Your Questions 13 Sep - Opinion: Should Arazania be considered a Kaetanian Protectorate?
- Sendersia 27 Jan - Sendersian patriotic warsong - We're not afraid of you, Krlesia!
- Micro Improvement 13 Jan - Why So Serious, with Kevin Baugh
- All Endings- Rank Republic of MMBS 16 Oct - The alternate history of Osztróvia Province
- Micro Improvement 26 Sep - S2E2: Proper Planning
- Dracul 26 Sep - Highlights from Dracul’s 5th Birthday
- Dracul 25 Sep - Dracul’s 5 Year Adventure (2017-2022)
- The Bran House 24 Sep - Chancellor Luke reflects upon 5 years of Dracul’s existence
- Televiziunea Snagoveanŭ 19 Sep - National Anthem of the Snagovian Federation - Do not fear, my comrade