Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 66,902 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 203,298 pages and 38,231 articles, of which 118 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
Principality of Posaf
Posaf, officially the Principality of Posaf (German: Fürstentum Fükfuf; French: Principauté de Paléea) is a self-declared independent state, more commonly known as a micronation to external observers. Posaf was originally founded in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area in Ohio, but now has larger land claims, classified as States, located in the United States and Iraq, with smaller claims classified as Provinces in Canada and in Hong Kong, with all having small pockets of land known as Counties in; the Czech Republic, Finland, India, Italy, Republic of Korea, Pakistan, Sweden, Thailand, and the United Kingdom. Posaf was founded in early January 2018 by a group of friends who called themselves the Squamily. The core values of the creation of Posaf was to achieve better peace and equality, to combat homophobia and racial discrimination in the United States, as well as to bring the divide of right-wing and left-wing people closer together. (more...)
Onopolissia's large network of funicular railways spans the hillsides of Capital State. First introduced in December 2022, the funiculars have become a lifeline to roadless communities on the hills.
This month in history
- Establishment - People's reformed States Republic (1 Jun 2010); Federal Commonwealth of Havnesgade-Amager (1 Jun 2011); Aenderia (2 Jun 2018);Empire of Vyomania (3 June 2020); IKwaZulu-Natali (5 Jun 1955); Abeldane Empire (6 Jun 2014); USLSSR (9 Jun 2010); Angle-Saxish Kingdom (10 Jun 2010); Kingdom of Moylurg (11 Jun 2009); Republic of Taigh a Bata (15 Jun 2009); Snagovian Federation (18 Jun 2020); Republic of Alrodnia (18 Jun 2018); Micronational Empire of Thebes (19 Jun 2019); Baustralia (20 Jun 2017); State Union of Vlasynia-Dartiria (21 Jun 2018); United Provinces Under Chance (22 Jun 2010); Republic of Wyke (22 Jun 2010); Kingdom of Salanda (22nd Jun 2018); Newgraviate of Saint-Castin (24th Jun 2014); Noble Republic of Lurk (25 Jun 2011); Republic of GSMLL (28 Jun 2009); Concordian Republic (30 Jun 2021); Elmwycke (6 June 2015).
- Unknown - Ferengool is deposed by the army of Rushymia, Billy I becoming the new Warlord (1997).
- Unknown - Barry I leads the northern part of the Kingdom of South Bank in rebellion against King Declan I but is defeated (2002).
- 1st - Antonio I of Earth's Kingdom has definitively published the Constitution of the State (2020).
- 2nd - The Traverrian-Bambian War ends with a decisive Traverrian victory, as Operation Baked Beans is successful and Traverrian forces take the southwestern portion of the Bambian capital, forcing the latter to dissolve. (2022)
- 3rd -
- Princess Caroline of Austenasia sends a message to the remaining Carolinian nations asking them to withdraw their support now that she had lost the Austenasian Civil War (2010).
- Posafian micronationalist Nicholas Randouler passes away at fifteen years old. (2020)
- 8th - Written and aproved the first constitution that declared Federalia as one free republic, also Federalia's national day (2018)
- 8th - Federal absolute elective monarchy is proclaimed in the State of Vishwamitra ending the twelve years of republic in the nation. (2020)
- 9th - Revolution Day is celebrated in the Lewisham Democratic Republic and many territories of the former USLSSR for the first time since the collapse of the USLSSR (2012).
- 20th - Land part of which will become the nation's capital is annexed by the Confederation of Awesome with the signing of the Province Annexation Treaty (2010); Zabëlle I of New Eiffel abdicates (2020).
- 21st - The Despotate of Vlasynia and the Dartirian Empire agree to unite their nations into a federal diarchy known as the State Union (Empire) of Vlasynia-Dartiria, with Despot Ested I of Vlasynia and Co-Emperor Sweyn Hardeknud of Dartiria adopting the titles of Emperors. (2018)
- 22nd - The Kingdom of Salanda declares its independence from the United Kingdom. (2018)
- 24th - Orly is liberated from the Wessaxon throne, ending foreign rule in the Carshalton Nations (2013).
- 26th - The Noble Republic of Lurk signs its first intermicronational treaty, with Flatland, the anniversary of which is celebrated annually on Diplomacy Day (2011).
- 29th - Sir Calum first expresses an interest to the then Western Emperor in founding a nation - this will later become Orly (2010).
- 30th - The Ruling Council is created by a new Supreme Directive in the Empire of Adammia, transforming the nation from an absolute to a constitutional monarchy (2013).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that while Austenasia has both a House of Representatives and a Senate, only the former is part of the parliament?
- On May 26, the Council of the Micronational Assembly elected King Evan I, delegate of the Grand Kingdom of Ameristan, as the 16th Chairman of the Micronational Assembly and ousted Chairman Fredrick M., representative of Ausveria, shortly after Saspearian was readmitted as a Member State...
- In an unprecedented series of twists and turns, Devin Purcell MP, Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha, announced his sudden resignation on 14 May 2023 before withdrawing the same very shortly. Purcell was appointed by the Lok Sabha as its Deputy Speaker to aid Tyler Mullins, the Speaker, whose duties he frequently shared on several key enactments, including the Governorship Act, 2023 among others.
- The population of Austenasia yesterday saw a huge expansion to its highest ever level, rising to 150 after an unprecedented grant of non-residential subjectships. Thirty six applications for naturalisation have been approved by the Home Office...
- Monday 1st May saw an expedition of the Imperial Geographical Society (IGS) explore an area of Surrey countryside first visited by the Society in 2011. The expedition – led by Emperor Jonathan I – consisted of nine people...
- On 19 April, the Empire of Lehmark celebrated four years of independence. But in the early hours of 20 April, came the shock announcement that William I would be abdicating as Emperor and immediately dissolving the Empire…
- Following a short-notice announcement from President Newton von Uberquie that he and his Vice President were resigning, Sir Simon White has been inaugurated the fourth President of the Commonwealth of New Virginia...
- The Grand Duchy of Westarctica notified the micronational community on the passing of His Grace, Dr. Stefan Winkler, Duke of Goldstream, late Saturday night. According to sources, the Duke passed peacefully in his sleep from an as-of-yet unspecified illness...
- Physical trade with other nations began Monday morning, as the department of state announced their new list of trade items, according to Chancellor Stephen Luke in a Twitter statement. Physical items, as well as digital were included on the list...
- 4 Apr - Samizdat joins the Intermicronational Union
- 4 Apr - Alsann football: Kersika City & League One reveal branding
- 2 Apr - Lyteran B-Series Notes Unveiled
- 2 Apr - Ádám Salda competes for Bolgajna in the F1 Hungary League.
- 1 Apr - The story of the Bolgánys. Part 2 - Turks and Bolgánys
- 1 Apr - Adammic Air Force publishes new recruitment ad
- 1 Apr- Interview with Esty Carpentieri and more in March Print!
- 31 Mar- Paneran National Football Team uniform revealed
- 27 Mar - Health report - the Queen has carried out a series of medical investigations
- 27 Mar - Ramadan has officially begun with many Islamic micronations celebrating
Analysis and opinions
- Titus Pergeleus 13 Feb - Opinion: Misinformation campaign against Rhōmanía will fail.
- Stephen Luke 12 Feb - Opinion: Are Chinese Balloons Threats to Micronations and Others?
- Multipolar World 12 Jan - Micronations and Lèse Majesté laws
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2022
- Adammic Online Broadcasting 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast
- Stephen Luke 27 Oct - Micronational warfare: What is it good for and when is it suitable?
- The Assayer 2 Oct – Did I ever tell you about the time I was an Emperor?
- Bruce Cooper 22 Sep - Is Dracul a Monarchy? Who is President?
- Micro Improvement 17 Feb - How To MicroWiki with Charles Ross
- Sendersia 4 Feb - Kybistani volunteers training video
- Micro Improvement 27 Jan - Micronational Burnout
- Sendersia 27 Jan - Sendersian patriotic warsong - We're not afraid of you, Krlesia!
- Micro Improvement 13 Jan - Why So Serious, with Kevin Baugh
- All Endings- Rank Republic of Bolgajna 16 Oct - The alternate history of Osztróvia Province
- Micro Improvement 26 Sep - S2E2: Proper Planning
- Dracul 26 Sep - Highlights from Dracul’s 5th Birthday