Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 41,872 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 168,230 pages and 32,578 articles, of which 94 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The Republic of Secundomia (pronounced [sɛkʊndoʊmiə]), also known as Secundomia (Secundomian:ǂƿǂ፥ˠ፥Ꮩƪ pronounced [kʂɛkʂuːɳtuːmjɛ]), was a sixth world nation founded by Parker I and Spencer I formed on 16 December 2009. Secundomia grew to be a respected member of the MicroWiki community and was ranked tenth in the first OAM Influence Survey. Secundomia at its peak had eleven registered citizens, ten of which were above voting age. The nation was led by President Parker I. Secundomia later became a member of the Eran Federation in 2012. Currently, the land of Secundomia is part of the Secundomian Federation as the Socialist Republic of Secundomia. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Grand Rupublic of Vuldstein (26 May 1977); Kingdom of South Bank (1 May 2002); Royal reformed States of America (1 May 2009); Grand Lamate of Sandefreistikhan (26 May 2009); People's Republic of Danesland (31 May 2009); Confederation of Awesome (5 May 2010); Principality of Imvrassia (11 May 2011); Domanglia (24 May 2011); Mouzilo (19 May 2012); Kingdom of Mahuset (29 May 2012); Republic of Pelvon (4 May 2013); Ashukovo (25 May 2013); Principality of Wildflower Meadows (12 May 2016); Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall (14 May 2016); Kingdom of Atovia (5 May 2017); Federated States of Transterra (5 May 2018); Kingdom of Atiera (30 May 2020); Federal Republic of Grebna and Vonerebna (1 May 2021).
- 1st - Nicholas Paul Nix is elected 10th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States, and is re-elected for 4 consecutive years (2003); King Declan I of Moylurg removes from power Queen Laura I of Moylurg and King Ciaran II & III of Thebes (2010). The Holy League is established by Trebia and New Israel, following the signing of the Treaty of Augustinople (2016).
- 2nd - The Battle of the Grove takes place in the Austenasian Civil War - foreign supporters of the Emperor defeat aggressive foreign Carolinians (2010).
- 6th - The first ever documented micronational football match in the UK takes place in Norfolk, between Pambia and Senya, with Senya winning 6-2 (2011); Emperor Jonathan I of Austenasia begins compiling the Codex Jonathanus (2013); The Commonwealth of Australis is reorganised into the Unified Royal States of Australis (2020).
- 10th - The Constitution of the Republic of Pelvon is ratified (2013).
- 16th - The Austenasian Monarchical Referendum is held, showing the support of the Austenasian public for Emperor Esmond III over Princess Caroline (2010).
- 17th - The Kapresh Congress votes in favor of monarchizing the Republic of Kapreburg, forming the Empire of Kapreburg and turning Jack Ryan Morris into Tsar Jackson I (2019).
- 18th - The Prime Minister of the Province of Mervustan, James Irwin overthrows the Government of Andrew Brotherton in a coup, replacing him as the President of Roscamistan (2021)
- 19th - Ela'r'oech gains unrecognized independence from the United States of America. (2019)
- 20th - The coronation of Emperor Terry I takes place in Wrythe (2009)
- 22nd - The Molossian-Mustachistani War is declared (2006).
- 24th - The Aberystwyth Agreement is signed (2009); The Treaty of Ruskin Road is signed, ending the Austenasian Civil War with victory for the legitimate government (2010); Secundomia joins the Eran Federation (2012).
- 25th - The Skirmish of the Treasury takes place when Princess Caroline leads British attackers in an assault on the Austenasian Prime Minister's Office (2009).
- 28th - The Honourable Judge of Internal Matters, Jordan hands full control of the Monarchy of Isvik over to the Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic (2015); The Pentarchy is abolished in Australis, with Daniel Hamilton taking control of Australis as the first Grand Duke of Australis (2020)
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- 19 May - 2022 MOF Games Begin
- The 2022 MOF Games, hosted by Wegmat began last night virtually as the first matches of Tic-tac-toe 3×3 and Five in a row begin. The games were delayed by two days due to the Wegmat Sporting Administration having difficulty setting up the virtual events. The opening ceremony was released at 9:30 last night where many landmarks of Chicago were shown before cutting to Wegmat Intermicronational Stadium and the nations participating...
- 18 May – Stadtholder establishes the Ashukov Executive Council, vows to make reforms "that you have never seen before"
- On May 11, as Ashukovo was celebrating Slavic Culture Day, Stadtholder Prince Edward established the Ashukov Executive Council (AEC) – a special body tasked with assisting the head of state with matters of national security. In his first address to the AEC, Prince Edward made...
- 17 May - PM Ostroukhova resigns after 8 days in office; Tezdzhanenko back as Acting PM as snap election called
- Prime Minister Maria Ostroukhova, who assumed office on May 7, unexpectedly resigned on May 14, citing personal reasons. President Yaroslav Mar called a snap election to take place in June and appointed former PM Denys Tezdzhanenko the head of the caretaker government serving till the inauguration of a new Prime Minister...
- 17 May – Austenasia annexes Helinium
- The Empire of Austenasia has annexed the former New Virginian Town of Helinium.nHelinium was originally founded by Bradley van Dullahan in what was then the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and the land annexed by the Commonwealth of New Virginia...
- Speaking from the Royal Compound in Raphania, His Majesty, Grand Emir Charles I announced a national anthem referendum to change the nation's current tune, which is an adaptation of the Kuwait Anthem, into a new one not associated with any existing state. His Majesty stated his primary reasons for holding the vote were; to prevent confusion, to serve as a stand-in until a new 100% original anthem can be composed and to give the people a choice in voting what song represents their nation. Voting is open to all Raphanian citizens and non-citizen members of the micronational community are encouraged to cast an advisory vote as well...
- 15 May - Lundenwic Eurovision Results 2022
- The annual Eurovision festival was held in New Charter yesterday with numerous citizens and guests in attendance. Food and alcohol was quaffed throughout the night and the votes have been checked and verified by the Government. This year the Jury was made up of the Imperial Grand Duke, the Marquis of New Charter, the Minister of Defence and the Minister of Justice.
- 15 May - Helinium annexed as new Town
- Yesterday saw the small polity of Helinium annexed as a new Austenasian Town. Helinium, which is bordered by the Netherlands...
- Dobrev has additionally resigned from his office as At-Large Burgess for Roanoke. Governor of Vlasia, Cristian Dobrev, has resigned from office following talks with President Valentinus regarding the future of the territory...
- 19 May – What’s Cooking in Vista? An Introduction…
- 19 May – Websites and database are secured
- 18 May - Dracul 1 News & Weather for 05/18/2022
- 18 May - Rossland Official Website published today
- 17 May - New logos of institutions in Mendersia
- 17 May – MicroWiki finally secures permanent article on Wikipedia
- 15 May - There needs to be an answer to the question of Wynnish politics
- 14 May- Grebna and Vonerebna wins the Intermicronational Hitball Tournament of 2022 against Rondaria
- 13 May - Dracul 1 partners with Austenasia TV for technology sharing
- 11 May - The Queen will have a trip for 2 days in Iahim where will meet the local officials and community.
Analysis and opinions
- PBN News 14 April - Opinion: Snagovian opinion: a future concern?
- Cameron Ramsell 21 Mar - Analysis: Can the New Nationals surprise us?
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 14 Mar - The Emperor's broadcast on the death of Taras Oliynyk
- Lostisland.org 28 Feb - Ambassador Siapno: ‘Corrupt officials will pay for their atrocities’
- Stephen Luke 24 Feb - Opinion: Will new sanctions negatively affect Russia?
- Stephen Luke 14 Feb - Opinion: The importance of maintaining micronationalism privacy
- Stephen Luke 11 Feb - Opinion: Micronational income vs. businesses masked as micronations
- Vlad Tchaikovsky 1 Feb - Opinion: Has Parliament finally reached its full potential?
- - 18 May: 2022 MOF Games Opening Ceremony
- - 18 May: - Come Out Ye Black and Blues: An Ozark Conflict Song
- - 15 May: Dracul News 15 May
- 15 May: Micro Currency & Crypto with Travis McHenry
- Harrison Gowland – 13 May: Gowparl: The Future of Discord Parliament, Today
- - 8 May: Arkazjan Monarchist Song
- - 22 Apr: Snagovian Patriotic Song - For ages, glory to you, proud people
- - 19 Apr: 2022 Virtual Tour of Dracul