Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 24,932 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 138,559 pages and 27,386 articles, of which 79 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
Northwood-Oregon (/nɔrˌθwʊd-ˈɔrə,gən/), officially the Kingdom of Northwood-Oregon, is a micronation located in Northwest Ohio, USA which was founded on 29 September 2020. The Kingdom has ninety-four citizens with fifty-eight of those citizens residing directly in land claimed by the Kingdom. Those not residing around land claimed by the Kingdom are not able to become citizens, instead, these people can be granted honorary citizenship which only four people currently hold. The claims of the Kingdom are comprised of various noncontiguous member states, baronies, and sovereign land. Currently, there are two states ruled directly by the Sovereigns and seven member states, six of which are duchies and one being a principality. A variety of baronies are also claimed, generally being a single house ruled by a baron or baroness, baronies can remain independent parts of the Kingdom or can become associated with a member state. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Free City of Vodopol (1 Aug 2021); Republic of Vertigo (5 Aug 2014); Principality of Lomellina (6 Aug 2014); Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (9 Aug 2017); Kingdom of Lytera (19 Aug 2017); Yungtaria (27 Aug 2016); Holy Empire of Reunion (28 Aug 1997); Ohio Empire (28 Aug 2008); Commonwealth of Wenonah (29 Aug 2018); Exilarchy of Ashoka (30 Aug 2010).
- 1st - The Vlasynian Despotate and the Kingdom of Romania in Sarandë are dissolved. The former is succeeded by the Free City of Vodopol (2021).
- 6th - D. Guilherme I is crowned Prince of Lomellina (2014).
- 11th - King Nik I of Starland abdicates amidst much controversy (2010).
- 12th - The first democratic election in the history of Leylandiistan is held; Fionnbarra Ó Cathail is elected President. Voter turnout is 75% (2013).
- 15th - Aenopia declares independence from Empire of Emosia and becomes an Empire of its own (2019)
- 20th - Second Boys vs Girls War: members of the Midget Army provoke a short conflict with the future Third Midget Master and a friend of hers (2005).
- 21st - Lyteran War of the Crown: members of the royal family overthrow King Matthew two days after the official formation of Lytera.
- 23th -
- Juclandia declares independence from Romania (2008).
- As a result of the Vlasyno-Dartirian Crisis, Vlasynia-Dartiria ceases to exist, while both Vlasynia and Dartiria regain their independence, with the former restoring its monarchy and the latter being reorganized as a Revolutionary Republic (2018).
- 25th - Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher is elected the first ever Prime Minister of the Empire of Adammia (2013).
- 28th - The Austenasian Army occupies Commius Flats, annexing it to the town of Wrythe (2009).
- 30th - The Republic of Gurvata and the Democratic Republic of Leylandiistan sign the Treaty of Union, forming the Confederation of Leylandiistan & Gurvata (2014).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- New Virginia’s elected Prime Minister, Sir Simon White, together with other leading New Virginians, have come out in explicit opposition to Thursday’s “29th of July Movement” revolution supported by President Brooklyn Kennedy. Prime Minister White released a statement yesterday afternoon New Virginia time, countersigned by...
- A charter was signed on Wednesday 28th July bestowing national monument status on Imperium Park in Nahona. The charter, signed by Emperor Jonathan I in his capacity as Minister for Culture and by Lord William Wilson, Representative of Nahona, provides for the maintenance and preservation of the park. Spanning just over 140 square feet...
- 30 Jul - Coup underway in New Virginia
- Chaos erupted yesterday in the Commonwealth of New Virginia as President Kennedy suspended the constitution in response to a declaration of “revolution” before joining it herself. Events began when Elizabeth Lewis published a poster in the “Announcements” channel on the official New Virginian Discord server. Headed by a picture of Karl Marx, this poster called for an overthrow of the constitutional order, the “building of a socialist… state and party” and “the deportation of dangerous right wing figures”, before declaring “Long live the New Virginian revolution”. A second graphic was then posted calling for the removal of Bradley of Dullahan...
- By election to the National List constituency of the Parliament of Vishwamitra from the state of Kamrupa was necessitated following the resignation of sitting MP Lord Christopher Miller, Count of Romsdal on 16 July after his appointment as the President of the Privy Council, a position which he held on an acting basis from 25 May 2021...
- Today, on 21 July 2021 / 21 Cuptor Year 102/CII A.G.U., His Great Majesty Ned I, Despot, Autocrat and Vodă of Vlasynia and its domains enacted Despotic Decree 2018012, through which he annexed the city of Vodopol as a non-autonomous municipality. However, since Despot Ned had already decided to dissolve the Despotate, why would he continue expanding it? The reason, according to the Despot himself, is not too difficult to comprehend: the main idea behind this decision is...
- It was truly a historic moment for the State of Vishwamitra when formal bilateral and diplomatic relations were established with the Grand Duchy of Flandrensis on 19 July 2021, days after the Flandrensian Grand Ducal cabinet contacted the Government of Vishwamitra with the proposal of establishing formal relations. With the formalization of relations, Flandrensis became the first Antarctic micronation to have established ties with Vishwamitra.
- 18 Jul - Atieran citizens are soon to head to the polls - here's what you need to know before the election
- Citizens of Atiera will head to the polls in 5 days to select the new Prime Minister of Atiera. Currently, the seats are the most contested by the Atieran National Front, which is contesting 5 seats. They are followed by the Atieran People's Union and the Atieran Moderate Coalition, with 3 seats being contested by each party. Independent candidates...
- Yesterday, on 16 July 2021 / 16 Cuptor Year 102/CII A.G.U., His Great Majesty Ned I, Despot, Autocrat and Vodă of Vlasynia and its domains, announced in an Official Statement that on 01 August 2021 / 01 Gustar Year 102/CII A.G.U. he will decree „the official and permanent dissolution of the Vlasynian Despotate„. Ned stated that...
- 1 August - Curio TELETEXT - 1 August
- 1 Aug - Amazonian National Reserve System issued the new official currency Satamana
- 30 Jul - Once again there is a split of in the Delegates, Doorn. warns of imminent collapse of Royal Court
- 29 Jul - A letter to my friends.
- 28 Jul - UNU Meeting set for Thursday
- 26 Jul - Representatives from Pibocip and Northwood-Oregon meet, sign treaty
- 26 Jul - Anti-Demon Act is passed.
- 25 Jul - Egeria has new flag and coat of arms!
Analysis and opinions
- Iudette Statistics 21 July - Cupertino Alliance public opinion on chair election pre-poll
- Cupertino Alliance 18 July - CA Opinion Poll 17 July 2021 & a first draft of our new election graphics
- Cupertino Alliance 3 July - CA Census: Why we ask these questions
- Atieran Advance 1 July - This Canada day, take a moment to remember
- The Tricorne 28 June - Renaming Dundas Street is both useless and a massive waste of money
- The Tricorne 25 June - Form Sentallares now- or else we’re out
- DSD Statistics 16 June - DSD Statistics - Report on Opinion Polling for GUM Chair Election, June 2021
- Pin Analytics 16 June - Pin Analytics - GUM Chair Election, June 2021 Poll Results
- 31 Jul - An interview with Lawrence Martin and Mike Lewis
- 26 Jul - RFAF Drone over the Sunny Hills of Croatia
- 16 Jul - Fade into View album released
- 27 Jun - 2021 West Canada Leaders' Debate
- 7 June - The Desert of Many Troubles- Bushistan Countryballs
- 10 May - I Built a Micronation
- 9 May - Victory Day Broadcast Special
- 28 Apr - Fade into View single "Odyssey Part 2"
- 23 Apr - What it's like to be: West Canadian Coal Miner (Feat. Governor-General Connor Shaw)
- 16 Apr - Multavia: all endings
- 16 Apr - All Endings: Lytera