Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 22,044 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 128,898 pages and 25,702 articles, of which 68 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
- The prime minister’s office circulated an official release today outlining the government’s forthcoming plan to hold a referendum on the adoption of the Resolution on Florenian Government and subsequently implement its long-awaited reform program...
- On March 28, 2021, Emperor Anthony I called an emergency session for the Saspeariard Parliament after it was discovered that Saspeariard Illinois is under Rodentian occupation. Anthony I and Kasra attended the session and discussed the government’s handling of the situation. The invasion was apart...
- Lord Geoffrey Trory, Duke of Belfast yesterday passed away aged 94. A great uncle of Jonathan I on his mother’s side. Lord Geoffrey was first made properly aware of Austenasia during a visit to Wrythe in September 2009...
- A third Austenasian subject has tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus. The two other infected Austenasians – one reported in December 2020 and another in February 2021 – both made a full recovery...
- Following the recent survey by Her Imperial Majesty's Ministry of Health and Statistic-Dime the Grandeur Print has received, from the MoH, updates regarding the survey as it is being conducted...
- 25 Mar - Parliament in December: State Opening sees Deputy PM announce number of new policies as Lib-Mods block anti-police bill
- A hotly contested general election, motions to confirm the next Prime Minister and Speaker, and the new government’s top-priority bills often result in a chaotic autumn which gives way to a quieter period as the Empire enters the festive season. This year, that process was a little more drawn-out...
- One week ago, on 14 March, the run-off election for the New Plușeni 3 constituency seat (which was tied between the Democrat Liberal Party (PDL) and Liberal Alliance (AL) candidates following the 7 March election) took place. While after the March 7 legislative election the PDL candidate, experienced lawmaker and former judge Pisic Plușeanu, and the AL candidate, political newcomer Purceluș Purcel, were both tied at 35.7% of the vote...
- The Constitutional Drafting Committee of the Great National Assembly suspended its activities for two weeks today, after members showed sharp division over the role the Church of Juclandia will play in the future Republic...
- 17 Apr - The Atieran Constitution is amended
- 17 Apr - Parliament gives vote of confidence to the new Ministerial Cabinet
- 16 Apr - Pontunia joins Normano-Nichish Kingdom
- 15 Apr - Parliamentary election season begins, in spite of the state of mourning
- 12 Apr - The Federal Kingdom of Starasia has temporarily disbanded
- 12 Apr - 1901 National Flag and Symbols Act is passed.
- 12 Apr - The Kingdom of Zubey enters a period of mourning due to the death of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh until his funeral
- 11 Apr - Begon declines offers to join Normano-Nichish Kingdom
- 11 Apr - Official Statement from King Matthew I on the Death of Lord Geoffrey Trory, Duke of Belfast
- 11 Apr - Samizdat sends message of condolence - Prince philip
Analysis and opinions
- Normano-Nichish Royal Gazette 17 Apr - [OP-ED] Divide in micronationalism is growing, here's why
- Purvanchal Times 10 Apr - Obituary-HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-2021).
- Lawrence Martin 9 Apr - LIN - A new identity.
- Jayden Lycon 4 Apr - A new identity for MicroWiki: a proposal.
- Cupertino Alliance 15 Feb - The premier guide for geographical, governmental, and population information for members of the CA. Cupertino Alliance Factbook for February 2021 is out now.
- San Benito Times 1 Feb - The Coup D'etat - An Interview with a Burmese Citizen
- Nordale Voice - 18 Jan - Guest article from New Virginia : Cigarettes and Bourbon – The Bainbridges are traitors to our nation and Constitution
- Royal Gazette of Brienia 14 Jan - (OP-ED) Why is Brienia a theocracy?
- 16 Apr - Multavia: all endings
- 16 Apr - All Endings: Lytera
- 10 Apr - Snagov: All endings
- 1 Apr - Micronational Geographic Episode One
- 22 Mar - Personal Ranking - All Frozen 2 Songs
- 14 Mar - Land of Hope and Glory Anthem Video of West Canada
- 12 Mar - weird matt compilation
- 8 Mar - Full album "Birddog" released to Youtube
The flag of the Unified Royal States of Australis, also known as the Hexi-Star flag, is the current civil and state flag of Australis. The flag was designed and subsequently approved by Daniel Hamilton, the Grand Duke of Australis, on 7 July 2020. The current flag was adopted following criticism of the previous flag, and to also better represent a change in the nations governance from the original Pentarchy system to the nation's present form as a Grand Duchy. The flag of Australis is a vertical flag composed of four colours in a symmetrical design, and features six stars. Five outer five pointed stars surround a large inner five-pointed star, representing the original five founders of Australis, and also the five original states of Australis: Amicitia, Integritas, Beatitudinem, Felicitatem and Aequalitatem. The inner five pointed star represents the five states unified into one nation. Two of the colours featured on the flag, green and gold, are the national colours of Australis, in addition to its macronation, Australia. Currently, only one physical cloth Australissian flag has been created, as well as several other paper flags. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Unified Royal States of Australis (8 Apr 2020); Empire of Adammia (13 Apr 2013); State of Vishwamitra (15 Apr 2007); Earth's Kingdom (18 Apr 2020); Republic of Resoria (18 Apr 2010); First Republic of Pinang (18 Apr 2018); Baránok (22 Apr 2018); Kleinland (21 Apr 2008); Empire of Pristinia (22 Apr 2008); Kingdom of Theodia (22 Apr 2010); NottaLotta Acres (26 Apr 2008); Karisradd (26 Apr 2013); Democratic Kingdom of Mallanor (28 Apr 2014).
- 1st - April Fools' Day (annually); The Holy Empire of New Israel declares war on the Wurtige Empire, Oasis Islands and Yurtyzstan, beginning the Second Spice War (2013); Thomas Leys from Port Colice is elected 6th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States (1999).
- 2nd - In the Austenasian Civil War, NottaLotta Acres withdraws from the Allied Carolinian Coalitian, leaving the rebels with no international military support (2010); In the 2019 Kapresh constitutional crisis, John I of Baustralia accepts then Kapresh President McGrath's offer of ceding Kapreburg to Baustralia, beginning the crisis. (2019).
- 3rd - In the Stravasite-Ultamian War, Ultamiya successfully defends Fort Manhalia from attacking Stravasalter forces (2010).
- 4th - The Kingdom of Wegmat officially has territory out side of Two Pine during the April 4th Acts (2019)
- 7th - The Camurian War is declared (2009); Grand Empire of Fuzzel dissolved (2009).
- 13th - The State of Sandus is founded with the ratification of the Founding Law (2011); The Kingdom of Gradonia is devastated by an EF-3 tornado (2019).
- 18th - The Battle of Carshalton Park is fought in the Austenasian Civil War - victory for a small government force over rebel leader William of South Kilttown (2010); Eanian Civil War begins (2010); Earth's Kingdom was founded (2020).
- 19th - The Empire of Adammia adopts the original Supreme Directive (2013).
- 20th - Lisa Cassidy is elected 2nd President of St.Charlie by the General Assembly (2010).
- 25th - South Kilttown is annexed by the Empire of Austenasia (2009).
- 26th - The Battle of Gold Tree and the Start of the Merchant Wars in the Empire of Vista Nova (2007).
- 29th - The St.Charlie Military Police starts activity as the first police force of St.Charlie (2009).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alledging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?