Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 46,116 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 171,582 pages and 33,292 articles, of which 98 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
MicroWiki initially began on 27 May 2005 as a website hosted on the Wikicities (later Wikia and now Fandom) wiki hosting service, after being created by Fabian Maximilian Schneider for personal use. Initially available only in English, other language editions of MicroWiki would be launched between 2006 to 2012. MicroWiki became independent from Wikia on 7 November 2010, originally as
microwiki.org.uk. Petya d'Égtavie managed the wiki since becoming independent from Wikia, before selling ownership of the wiki to Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia on 13 May 2014. Karl Friedrich became a co-owner of MicroWiki alongside Jonathan I on 14 February 2022. In 2004, Fabian Schneider founded the Sovereign Principality of Seraya alongside classmates Richard Conklin and Matthew McQuade. Seraya eventually proved successful, and sparked the creation of several other micronations in the nearby area. Schneider wanted to be able to easily record information on Seraya and other nations, and so he founded MicroWiki on 27 May 2005 upon registering the domain
This month in history
- Establishment - People's reformed States Republic (1 Jun 2010); Federal Commonwealth of Havnesgade-Amager (1 Jun 2011); Aenderia (2 Jun 2018); Greater Rovian Empire (3 June 2020); Empire of Vyomania (3 June 2020); IKwaZulu-Natali (5 Jun 1955); Abeldane Empire (6 Jun 2014); USLSSR (9 Jun 2010); Angle-Saxish Kingdom (10 Jun 2010); Kingdom of Moylurg (11 Jun 2009); Republic of Taigh a Bata (15 Jun 2009); Snagovian Federation (18 Jun 2020); Republic of Alrodnia (18 Jun 2018); The Micronational Empire of Thebes (19 Jun 2019); Baustralia (20 Jun 2017); State Union of Vlasynia-Dartiria (21 Jun 2018); United Provinces Under Chance (22 Jun 2010); Republic of Wyke (22 Jun 2010); Kingdom of Salanda (22nd Jun 2018); Noble Republic of Lurk (25 Jun 2011); Republic of GSMLL (28 Jun 2009); Concordian Republic (30 Jun 2021); Elmwycke (6 June 2015).
- Unknown - Ferengool is deposed by the army of Rushymia, Billy I becoming the new Warlord (1997).
- Unknown - Barry I leads the northern part of the Kingdom of South Bank in rebellion against King Declan I but is defeated (2002).
- 1st - Antonio I of Earth's Kingdom has definitively published the Constitution of the State (2020).
- 3rd - Princess Caroline of Austenasia sends a message to the remaining Carolinian nations asking them to withdraw their support now that she had lost the Austenasian Civil War (2010).
- 8th - Written and aproved the first constitution that declared Federalia as one free republic, also Federalia's national day (2018)
- 8th - Federal absolute elective monarchy is proclaimed in the State of Vishwamitra ending the twelve years of republic in the nation. (2020)
- 9th - Revolution Day is celebrated in the Lewisham Democratic Republic and many territories of the former USLSSR for the first time since the collapse of the USLSSR (2012).
- 20th - Land part of which will become the nation's capital is annexed by the Confederation of Awesome with the signing of the Province Annexation Treaty (2010); Zabëlle I of New Eiffel abdicates (2020).
- 21st - The Despotate of Vlasynia and the Dartirian Empire agree to unite their nations into a federal diarchy known as the State Union (Empire) of Vlasynia-Dartiria, with Despot Ested I of Vlasynia and Co-Emperor Sweyn Hardeknud of Dartiria adopting the titles of Emperors. (2018)
- 22nd - The Kingdom of Salanda declares its independence from the United Kingdom. (2018)
- 24th - Orly is liberated from the Wessaxon throne, ending foreign rule in the Carshalton Nations (2013).
- 26th - The Noble Republic of Lurk signs its first intermicronational treaty, with Flatland, the anniversary of which is celebrated annually on Diplomacy Day (2011).
- 29th - Sir Calum first expresses an interest to the then Western Emperor in founding a nation - this will later become Orly (2010).
- 30th - The Ruling Council is created by a new Supreme Directive in the Empire of Adammia, transforming the nation from an absolute to a constitutional monarchy (2013).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- For the first time in eight years, the Austenasian Foreign Office is set to permit requests for mutual relations and relations in general for a two week gap. It is set to begin this two week period starting on July third this year...
- 27 Jun - Top Stories: New Website Unveiled, June Elections to Federal Assembly Fail Miserably, Candidates Gear Up for Upcoming Election
- A trade deal between the Penn Federal Republic and the Federated States of Gapla, brokered through representatives of the Offices of the President and the Gaplan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has resulted in...
- 26 Jun - New Virginian President Valentinus resigns amidst racism scandal; Chairwoman Hewitt becomes Acting President
- Following allegations of racism against the Romani people, and the following scandal, Sertor Valentinus has resigned from the Office of the President in New Virginia. This resignation comes after articles of impeachment were introduced to the House of Burgesses and lead to the succession of Comrade Brookelyn Hewitt as Acting President...
- The Basileia of the Romans has officially released a web magazine celebrating the nation’s 10th Anniversary, the Government has announced...
- For two weeks in July, the Austenasian Foreign Office will consider requests for diplomatic relations in a temporary lifting of the long-standing policy not to do so. Austenasia has always insisted on...
- Anthony Baurauski a delegate from the Republic of Tinland was elected Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational...
- President Stephen Luke of Dracul, along with Prime Minister William Wilson of Austenasia, are set to meet on July 2nd in Bran District, Dracul, for a formal, in person signing of a treaty of mutual recognition...
- In a leaked Teledu Preifat Cwnpan (TPC) debate of McKeen vs Bellicoso, both Terry McKeen and Charles Madgett were seen speaking concerning their plans to both attempt to attack and coup several micronations and their intent to "destroy Cycoldia" and split the GUM for themselves as spheres of influence...
- 25 Jun - Texas Micronations keeping an eye on the Gulf of Mexico this week
- 23 Jun - Urabba Parks becomes part of the Empire of Imvrassia as a Hegemony
- 21 Jun - Prime Minister returns to his duties + meeting the Queen.
- 20 Jun - Medical investigations for the Princess Royal.
- 20 Jun - Warning against piracy in the waters around Morgannwg
- 19 Jun - David P. became the second regent of Mendersia
- 19 Jun - Dracul-Breco launch new continental organization
- 18 Jun - PBN News - Political Hour: Potential candidates and how a VP election works
- 17 Jun - Announcement on the Reformation of the Iceni Empire
- 16 Jun - President Luke starts new campaign; fights handicap abusers
Analysis and opinions
- Grandeur Print 27 Jun - Lessons Never Learned: My history with Terry McKeen III
- Princess Aurora Twinkle 25 June - My personal life trivia and future goals for Yusienia
- Lostisland.org 5 June - Rabbi Ambassador Linhart: ‘Lostisland is a sleeping beauty’
- PBN News 14 April - Opinion: Snagovian opinion: a future concern?
- Cameron Ramsell 21 Mar - Analysis: Can the New Nationals surprise us?
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 14 Mar - The Emperor's broadcast on the death of Taras Oliynyk
- Lostisland.org 28 Feb - Ambassador Siapno: ‘Corrupt officials will pay for their atrocities’
- Stephen Luke 24 Feb - Opinion: Will new sanctions negatively affect Russia?
- TPC 21 June - Debate Central LIVE: featuring Charles Madgett
- Micro Improvement 17 June - Episode 9: Minding Your Business
- 14 June - TVS startup June 2022
- Stephen Luke 12 June - Old Dracul Ideas - Naval Ship
- TV Hains 11 June - The Principality of Hains launches TV Hains
- 31 May - MicroWiqi: Online Encyclopedia rebrands following far-right takeover
- Micro Improvement 27 May - Episode 8: Controversy
- Harrison Gowland 13 May - Could you run a micronation off a Git repository?