Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 21,036 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 123,141 pages and 24,686 articles, of which 66 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
- 20 Feb - Emperor Terry I has been deposed, with Prince James I becoming the new Emperor of the Commonwealth of Essexia
- Emperor Terry has been deposed from office in a sweeping military takeover of the Commonwealth of Essexia. It’s the end of his almost 4-year reign as monarch of the Essexian state.
- The MOF Games B3 2021 have officially been announced by the organization's President, Nicolás Millán, this evening as the organization activates its plan to get esports events rolling out. After months of stagnancy following the death of Former President Nicholas Randouler, the organization took on maintaining his legacy of reviving an age-old micronational tradition...
- 15 Feb - Dracul adopts new original anthem
- Following the completion of a commission project, the new anthem for the Commonwealth of Draul was officially adopted today. This new anthem, which was composed by Jordan Grigg (on behalf of Dracul) and had its lyrics written by President Dmitri Howie, is a fresh new step for the nation...
- For the longest time, Wendatia's constitution was considered by some to be a vague mess. However, this changed on February 8th, 2021. The Congressional House (now the National Assembly) ratified the new constitution, which brought the nation into it's Second Republic...
- Pontunia, Austenasia’s most populated land claim, has been “streamlined” into New Pontunia with the cession of much of its land area and some of its population...
- The Commonwealth of New Virginia has celebrated its first ever Independence Day, and the second Parliament has formally convened for the first time. Independence Day is a holiday mandated by the first ever Resolution of the Provisional Council, which governed the Commonwealth for just shy of five months following New Virginia’s secession from the Empire of Austenasia on 11 February 2020. The holiday was celebrated throughout the Commonwealth and are expected to continue well into the weekend, with President Kennedy hosting...
- The Free Democratic Party, under the leadership of incumbent Prime Minister Dame Sophia Albina, has won an absolute majority of seats in the House of Burgesses and has formed a government. The election comes following two weeks of vibrant, active campaigning put forth by candidates from the three political parties: the governing Free Democratic Party, the opposition National Party and the new Alliance 21/The Greens. The Free Democrats – who have held the premiership since...
- The first Adammic Chess Open concluded on Saturday the 6th with Artemis Baca of the State of Sandus defeating Adammic honourary citizen Sir Alex Waters 2-0 in the best-of-three final. The competition had seen nine players compete in two round-robin groups the weekend prior, with the most successful players advancing to semi-finals...
- 25 Feb - His Majesty Extends Period of Mourning
- 24 Feb - Chez adopts new national anthem
- 24 Feb - Desopolitan Gazette - Volume I, Issue 1
- 22 Feb - The flag of Kaluchya changed
- 22 Feb - Aenopia annexes territory in India as part of Land Exchange with Vishwamitra
- 21 Feb - Lurdentanian Sunday News Report
- 20 Feb - Launch of the Lurdentanian National News
- 19 Feb - Cupertino Guides – an update
- 18 Feb - LUNA colourises Mars photos
Analysis and opinions
- Cupertino Alliance 15 Feb - The premier guide for geographical, governmental, and population information for members of the CA. Cupertino Alliance Factbook for February 2021 is out now.
- San Benito Times 1 Feb - The Coup D'etat - An Interview with a Burmese Citizen
- Nordale Voice - 18 Jan - Guest article from New Virginia : Cigarettes and Bourbon – The Bainbridges are traitors to our nation and Constitution
- Royal Gazette of Brienia 14 Jan - (OP-ED) Why is Brienia a theocracy?
- Charles Burgardt 7 Jan - Pan-Sayvillian Unity Day Address
- Pavlov Today 6 Jan - HIM the Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 7529
- Imperial Residence of the Emperor of the Commonwealth of Essexia 3 Jan - Emperor's Speech 2020
- Ross-Xia CA Campaign Team 3 Jan - An alliance evolved. The new manifesto from Ross-Xia 2021.
- 26 Feb - People Mover
- 18 Feb – Zed's MicroWiki History – Statistic-Dime | Ep.1
- 11 Feb - roblox among us
- 9 Feb - Birddog single "Trains"
- 7 Feb - 11th Supreme Paloman meeting
- 7 Feb - In Celebration of the 1st Socialist People's Party Congress
- 5 Feb – Exclusive: Interview with Zed - MicroWiki's Top Editor
2020 (MMXX) was a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year of the Common Era (CE) and anno Domini (AD) designations, and the first year of the 2020s decade. It marks the fifteenth year since MicroWiki's initial foundation. The year began in the Discord Era, through the High Discord to Late Discord periods, and oversaw a number of significant events. The Grand Unified Micronational (GUM) retained its position as the largest and most influential intermicronational organisation, growing to a record-breaking number of forty-eight member states. The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic caused huge disruption; bringing in a huge response from the intermicronational community, it led to a number of retired micronationalists returning to the hobby contributing to a massive surge in activity. The community was hit with an outpouring of grief after the death of Nicholas Randouler, Founder and 4th Prince of Posaf, on 3 June, which came with declarations of days of national mourning, places named after him, memorial services, posthumous awards and memorial videos. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Neil Island (Unknown, 2002); Keep Watch (3 Feb 2009); Kingdom of Dranoria (8 Feb 2011); United Republic of Arlberg (14 Feb 2004); Independent Hidden State of Tranquillity (28 Feb 2009); Kingdom of Zealandia (28 Feb 2010).
- 4th - Princess Caroline of Austenasia abdicates her title of Midget Master, making Midget Fuhrer Thomas IV the new ruler of the Midget Nation-in-Exile (2010).
- 7th - Barnaby Hands and Shane Mills ratify the Treaty of Whitwell Road, officially ending hostilities in the Guist War. (2011)
- 11th - Prince Christopher of Vikesland leads a reconnaissance mission to Ernst Thälmann Island on behalf of Molossia as part of the War with East Germany (2009).
- 12th-14th - First General Elections held in Eniarku (2010).
- 15th - Iustus declares its independence from Canada, and Ongwanada
- 15th - Kaznia tries to forget its past and start anew during the Kaznian Rebirth (2007); Stiofán mac Gabha is suspended from the office of Chancellor of the Aristocracy of Coleraine and Lucius Kenley is elected in his place (2009).
- 15th-16th - Abdication crisis of Terry I takes place in Austenasia, resulting in Esmond III succeeding as Monarch of Austenasia (2010).
- 17th-18th - Los Bay Petrosian Civil War takes place (2010).
- 20th - Palmyra Creek Mayoral election takes place in Petorio (2009); Sandus secedes from the St.Charlian Commonwealth (2011) on the day now known as le Secessio.
- 21st - Secundomian Elections take place (2010).
- 23rd - Following the establishment of the Federation, Isadora of Annenak becomes Queen of Sabia and Verona. (2014)
- 28th - Ciprian of Juclandia and Tarik of Sabia and Verona sign the Alios Agreement, reforming the FUJL into a supra-national union and granting both nations full sovereignty (2016).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alledging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?