Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Each month, a Featured Picture is displayed on the Main Page. The featured picture will be decided by a vote taken the previous month, in accordance with the process outlined below.
- 1 Process
- 2 Nominations for March 2020
- 2.1 Polination presentation (example nomination)
- 2.2 Zarel I paints Leon Montan in Northern Ireland
- 2.3 Bay of Trees on the Frolikside
- 2.4 39, 41 Bomb Shelter
- 2.5 A snowy day in Noyan
- 2.6 An unnamed protestor in Grey Square, Hui City
- 2.7 Signs pointing towards Mae and New Leeds in New Llandudno Square
- 2.8 Mini Flag at Ame
Before nominating a picture, nominators may wish to receive feedback by asking an administrator for their thoughts. Nominators must be sufficiently familiar with the subject matter to deal with objections during the process. Nominators who did not upload or create the picture should consult with those who did (were possible) prior to a nomination. Nominators are expected to respond positively to constructive criticism and to make an effort to address objections promptly.
A nominated picture should be an image which is of great cultural or historical significance. Given that nominations are for a specific month, they should not be inappropriate for the time of year during which they are prospectively to be displayed (e.g., a photograph of Christmas celebrations is unlikely to be approved for Featured status during August).
A featured picture cannot be nominated for at least one year after having been featured on the Main Page.
The process is as follows:
- A picture is nominated for the following month by adding it to the Nominations page.
- Nominations are either approved or rejected by an administrator.
- During the last week of the month, users may cast votes for which of the approved images they wish to see featured during the next month. Ties will be broken by admin decision.
- The approved nomination with the highest number of votes will be MicroWiki's Featured Picture for that month.
Polination presentation (example nomination)
Zarel I paints Leon Montan in Northern Ireland
In the wonderful world of Northern Ireland, Zarel I, Prince of New Eiffel, dressed in a gnome outfit, attempts to paint tiny Shrek, but due to his low intrelligence in painting, accidently paints a photo of Leon Montan instead.
- REJECTED Austenasia (talk) 11:53, 5 February 2020 (UTC) Please, enough of the joke nominations, both here and on Good Articles.
Bay of Trees on the Frolikside
The coast of Evansville’s Metropolitan Area host the Bay of Trees, the largest bay and a National and Provincial Park corridor in the Kingdom of Wegmat.
A picture of 39, 41 Bomb Shelter in 2019 — air-raid shelter that was built in the United Kingdom during World War II — which is now an important building located in modern-day New Eiffel, where it is one of New Eiffel's national monuments.
A snowy day in Noyan
a snowy day in noyan
An unnamed protestor in Grey Square, Hui City
Protestors, wearing plastic bags over their heads, nicknamed “plastic heads” took to the streets to “reveal the true corruption of the government”. The riots ended after Orientian Riot Police (ORP) were called in to combat the Plastic Heads.
- APPROVED Austenasia (talk) 11:53, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
- SUPPORT Jaydenfromcanada (talk) 15:08, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
Signs pointing towards Mae and New Leeds in New Llandudno Square
A picture of New Llandudno Square showing to good effect signs pointing to the cities of Mae and New Leeds as part of the GUM Sister Cities project. The signs were lost soon after.