Each month, a Featured Picture is displayed on the Main Page. The featured picture will be decided by a vote taken the previous month, in accordance with the process outlined below. At present, there are 19 featured pictures out of a total 74,244 files on MicroWiki. A small green symbol () on the top right corner of the images page to indicate the picture is of good quality.
Before nominating a picture, nominators may wish to receive feedback by asking an administrator for their thoughts. Nominators must be sufficiently familiar with the subject matter to deal with objections during the process. Nominators who did not upload or create the picture should consult with those who did (were possible) prior to a nomination. Nominators are expected to respond positively to constructive criticism and to make an effort to address objections promptly.
A nominated picture should be an image which is of great cultural or historical significance. Given that nominations are for a specific month, they should not be inappropriate for the time of year during which they are prospectively to be displayed (e.g., a photograph of Christmas celebrations is unlikely to be approved for Featured status during August).
A featured picture cannot be nominated for at least one year after having been featured on the Main Page.
The process is as follows:
- A picture is nominated for the following month by adding it to the Nominations page.
- Nominations are either approved or rejected by an administrator.
- During the last week of the month, users may cast votes for which of the approved images they wish to see featured during the next month. Ties will be broken by admin decision.
- The approved nomination with the highest number of votes will be MicroWiki's Featured Picture for that month.
Polination presentation (example nomination)
Attendees of PoliNation in July 2012, listening to a presentation by Queen Carolyn I of Ladonia.
International flags at New Llandudno
- Nominator: 22:25, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
The flags of numerous foreign partners of Aenopia planted in the city of New Llandudno on 1 June 2021 (Left to right; Posaf, Qaflana, Wegmat, Aenopia, Vishwamitra, Ponderosa Hills)
- SUPPORT Amazing!!! • Oritsu.me • Let's talk here • Contribs 06:04, 24 June 2021 (UTC)
- SUPPORT Veri nic Chris
- SUPPORT I like this Matt talk ☼ 20:03, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- SUPPORT poggers? 02:34, 9 June 2021 (UTC)
- SUPPORT • Daniel Hamilton • Enquiries • My Work 01:15, 14 June 2021 (UTC)
- SUPPORT StefanSNG 05:21, 17 June 2021 (UTC)
- SUPPORT 23:41, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
Flag of Paloma at Punto de Sal
Tucker's on the red carpet!
Photo of Grass Slurpee
04:31, 6 June 2021 (UTC)