Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Monarchy of Adammia
|Emperor of Adammia|
|Style||His Imperial Majesty|
|Heir presumptive||Crown Prince Daniel|
|First monarch||Adam I|
|Formation||19 April 2013|
The Monarchy of Adammia is the collective term for the Head of State of the Empire of Adammia, their Consort, the Imperial Family, and the political bodies directly associated with them.
Under the Supreme Directive, the Monarch is the Head of State of the Empire of Adammia. They bear the title of Emperor/Empress, the style of His/Her Imperial Majesty and the secondary title of Imperator Adammiae. Numerous powers are invested in the Monarch, both from the Supreme Directive and from various Acts of Council and Imperial Decrees. They are seen as an embodiment of the state, and as the supreme source of authority. Since the position of Monarch was established in the Supreme Directive on 19 April 2013, the only occupant of this position has been Emperor Adam I.
The title of Consort was established by Imperial Decree XVI on 28 October 2013. It was intended to be reserved for the Monarch's romantic (unmarried) partner, known as a Prince Consort if male and a Princess Consort if female, and bearing the style of His/Her Illustrious Highness. It was created in the unlikely chance that a romantic endeavour being undertaken by the Emperor at the time was successful; the said endeavour failed, and the position was left vacant until 3 March 2014, when Madam Sydney Saindon, a close friend of the Emperor, was granted the title by Imperial Decree XXII, despite the lack of a genuine relationship between the two. After they drifted apart in late 2014, Decree XXXI declared the position vacant on 11 January 2015.
- 28 October 2013 - 3 March 2014: Vacant
- 3 March 2014 - 11 January 2015: H.Ill.H Princess Consort Sydney
- 11 January 2015 - present: Vacant
The Imperial Family consists of the Monarch, their siblings, offspring, spouse and parents. This means that the Imperial Family currently has five members: from the Imperial branch of the House of Belcher, there is Emperor Adam I, Crown Prince Daniel, Prince Jake, and Emperor Father Kevin; and from the Imperial branch of the House of Hall there is Emperor Mother Jayne. The role of the ruling house in the Monarchy is unclear and informal, and is only referred to sparingly in legislation. This stems from the fact that the current Monarch's parents are no longer together, meaning that the Imperial Family has members in two separate houses (the House of Belcher and the House of Hall). However, Emperor Adam usually refers to himself as belonging to the House of Belcher, and therefore that house can be considered the ruling house of the Empire.
Another theoretical member of the Imperial Family would be the Monarch's spouse, who due to a quirk in legislation would be known as the Empress if female, but Prince Consort if male.
The Imperial Estate comprises all land owned micronationally by the Imperial Family or the Office of the Emperor, as defined by the Land Ownership Act 2016. The current Imperial Estate is as follows:
- Most of the County of Primoria, owned by Emperor Father Kevin, with the exception of the M2 motorway owned by the Transport Network Agency and a classified Ministry of Defence facility in the Jebediah Hills. This is the Emperor's summer, Christmas and Easter residence.
- Most of the County of Maternia, owned by Emperor Mother Jayne, with the exception of the A6 road owned by the Maternia Local Government.
- Part of the Province of Serkatia, owned by Emperor Adam I. This is the Emperor's academic term-time residence.
All three areas of the Imperial Estate have leased sections to various government departments and agencies, companies, political parties and sports associations.
- The Imperial Crownland of Borealia, which was owned by the Office of the Emperor prior to Borealia becoming independent from the Empire in August 2016.
The Emperor's current preferred symbol of the Monarchy is the top hat. A top hat is worn by Emperor Adam in nearly all of his micronational activities, and it has been likened to a crown (indeed, on the original Adammic Coat of Arms before the design was replaced by that of Emmanuel Tsompanoglou, there was a top hat where the crown would normally be). During her time as Princess Consort, Madam Sydney Saindon also acquired a (much more expensive) top hat to reflect this, further reinforcing the status of the top hat as a symbol of the Monarchy. Emperor Adam I's full imperial regalia consists of a tuxedo, a top hat, and a cane which acts as a sceptre. Occasions on which the Emperor wears his full regalia include Foundation Day, the State Opening of Council, the Emperor's Fabulous Quiz and the Insomnia World Famous Pub Quiz. He may wear a more casual variation of this, featuring jeans and a more casual shirt, during ordinary meetings of the Ruling Council. He will also rarely wear a suit, with a standard black necktie, such as when recording the Emperor's Christmas Broadcast.
Office of the Emperor
The Office of the Emperor is an executive and legislative body which exercises the various powers granted by the Monarch's different roles. Its staff are the Monarch and their advisors, including the Chief Advisor. The Office of the Emperor exercises the roles of Head of State, Chair of the Ruling Council, Judge of the Grand Court, Sovereign of the Order of Adammia, and Grand Marshal of the Military of Adammia. During term-time, the Office operates from its headquarters in Alluria; during the summer, Christmas and Easter holidays it operates out of the Ministry of Defence office in Adamsville.
The staff who have been appointed within the Office by the Monarch usually fill nominally ceremonial roles and are rarely called upon. This is especially true of the press team, due to the fact that relations between the Office and the micronational press are minimal. The advisory team, on the other hand, are sometimes consulted by the Monarch. Furthermore, the services of the Office's staff are nominally available to the Cabinet Office as the latter lacks an equivalent team of its own, but in practice the executive government rarely makes use of this.
- HIM Emperor Adam I - Monarch (Head of State, Chair of the Ruling Council, Judge of the Grand Court, Sovereign of the Order of Adammia, Grand Marshal of the Military of Adammia)
- Lord Hall - Chief Advisor to the Monarch
- HIH Emperor Mother Jayne - Deputy Chief Advisor to the Monarch
- Colonel Sir Will McCracken - Military Advisor to the Monarch
- Lord Helliker - Legal Advisor to the Monarch (ex-officio as Attorney General)
- Lord Patrick Vladek - Grand Master of the Ordo Vladius (i.e. head of personal ambassadorial staff and head of security)
- Lady Admiral Simpson - Director of Communications (i.e. press secretary and spokesperson)
- Sir Richard Hytholoday - Senior Press Officer
The Monarch has a massive range of executive and legislative powers in Adammia.
Under the Supreme Directive, the Emperor can:
- Issue Imperial Decrees, a form of legislation. However, these Decrees can be overturned by the Ruling Council (the other legislative power) with a vote of 50% support.
- Issue titles to any citizen or non-citizen
- Make exceptions to laws for various citizens
- Propose to amend the Supreme Directive through a public referendum
- Grant or remove honourary or full citizenship to people
- Appoint people as their Advisor or Chief Advisor
- Appoint a Regent if they will be unable to rule the Empire for a long period of time
- Override a decision by the Council to begin a Regency, unless the Council votes against this with 80% support
- Nominate a candidate for the position of Lord Chancellor to the Ruling Council
- Appoint an Archduke or Archduchess, with the consent of the Ruling Council
- Approve an appointment of a Duke or Duchess by an Archduke or Archduchess
- Start and end meetings of the Ruling Council, as its Chair
- Give consent to Acts of Council, thus allowing them to pass
- Set the date for Local and National Elections
- Accept or reject candidates for Prime Minister
- Remove the Prime Minister from office
- Choose punishments for convicted offenders as Judge of the Grand Court
Imperial Decrees have given several more specific powers to the Emperor:
- Control over the armed forces, as the Grand Marshal of the Military
- The responsibility to sign Treaties of Annexation when incorporating new land into the Empire
- The ability to induct people into the Order of Adammia as its Sovereign
- The ability to change any national symbol other than the national anthem and flag
- The ability to recognise other nations as sovereign states
- The ability to declare their unmarried romantic partner as their Prince / Princess Consort (though de-facto this can extend to any close friend of the opposite sex to the Monarch)
- The ability to sign an international multilateral treaty (subject to ratification)
- The ability to give Imperial Consent to an instrument of ratification
Finally, some powers have been granted to the Monarch by Acts of Council:
- The ability to give any location a name if it does not already have one
Unofficially, the Emperor represents the nation in the intermicronational community, and as such, the current Emperor acts as Adammia's delegate to the Grand Unified Micronational.
Line of succession
The position of Monarch is hereditary and is not gender-specific under the Supreme Directive. Since Adam I currently has no descendants, the position passes to his siblings. Currently the line of succession should end after Prince Jake, but the Emperor has specified to several members of the Imperial family that after this point, if no heirs have been born, the position of Emperor should be transferred to the House of Hall (which is related to the House of Belcher above the Emperor's generation). This means that Archduke Reginald Hall would be at the start of a new continuation of the Line of Succession.
Each successive Emperor or Empress will hold the secondary title of Imperator Adammiae(numeral), symbolising "nth Emperor of Adammia". For example, Crown Prince Daniel would become Imperator Adammiae II, Prince Jake would become Imperator Adammiae III, and so on.
Full line of succession
- 3. HG Lord Hall, Archduke of North Adammia
The Emperor's current full style:
His Imperial Majesty Emperor Adam I of Adammia, Imperator Adammiae I, Founder of Adammia, Grand Marshal of the Military of Adammia, Field Marshal of the Adammic Army, Grand Admiral of the Adammic Navy, Air Chief Marshal of the Adammic Air Force, Lord Chancellor of the State of Adammia, Sovereign of the Order of Adammia, Count of Penmine and Spildcastle, Member of the Most Excellent Order of the Wildebeest, Member of the Austenasian Order