Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Ministry of Patriotism
Logo of the ministry
|Formed||25 November 2018|
|Jurisdiction||Empire of Adammia|
The Ministry of Patriotism is the government department responsible for defence, law enforcement, record-keeping, citizenship applications, information and education in the Empire of Adammia. It was formed by the merger of the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Citizenship and Information on 25 November 2018.
The current Minister of Patriotism is Lady Anna Worthington. The Ministry of Patriotism operates six child agencies. These are the Military of Adammia, the Adammic Police Force, the Imperial Archive, the Imperial Institute of Geography, the Imperial Institute of History, and the Imperial Statistics Office.
Sphere of Influence
The Ministry of Patriotism operates a system of "spheres of influence" which correspon to geographical areas surrounding Adammic territories which the Empire has some degree of ability to influence. There are four grades of spheres of influence. The first three, because of how precise they are, cannot be made public for security reasons. Threats to the Empire in each sphere of influence correlates to a DEFCON system ranging from 5 (no threat) to 1 (armed forces ordered to engage). The current DEFCON level is 3.
- Grade 1 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the macronational streets and houses immediately adjoining the Adammic provinces and colonies. It is typically possible to see into any part of the Grade 1 SoI from some point on the Adammic border. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 1 SoI must be met with military force. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 1 SoI is minutes.
- Grade 2 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the known walking range distance of Adammic provinces and colonies, and thus includes most of the macronational villages and cities in which these territories are located. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 2 SoI would put the military and the government on high alert. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 2 SoI is hours.
- Grade 3 Sphere of Influence - this extends to areas within easy driving distance of Adammic provinces and colonies. It connects all the provinces, and encompasses many nearby macronational towns and villages, particularly those where Adammic troops happen to live. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 3 SoI would lead to troops being mobilised and a state of readiness. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 3 SoI is days.
- Grade 4 Sphere of Influence - this extends to the known driving range of Adammic provinces and colonies, and it covers much of the United Kingdom. As its shape follows places which have been visited by Adammic citizens by car, it covers such places as Saundersfoot in Wales, Coventry, Whitby and Hull. A hostile threat to the Empire within the Grade 4 SoI would lead to the government and military monitoring the situation. The typical response time to a threat within the Grade 4 SoI is weeks.
DEFCON over time
- 1 August 2017 - 19 February 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 19 February 2018 - 19 May 2018: DEFCON 3 - Perceived threat to Adammic sovereign territory by macronational criminals.
- 19 May 2018 - 9 October 2018: DEFCON 5 - No threat.
- 9 October 2018 - present: DEFCON 3 - Sustained criminal activity in the Selly Oak area including an incident in the immediate vicinity of Dank-upon-Bourn.