This article or section contains information which is outdated. You can help MicroWiki by updating it.
|Total population of sector||8|
|Sector founded by||Emperor Adam I |
Lord General Panconi
|Nations in area|| Adammia|
|Notable people in area||Emperor Adam I|
Micronational activity is focussed in the south of the city, in the areas surrounding the University of Birmingham, where most of the micronationalists in the city study. The Adammic region of South Adammia is situated in the Selly Oak area, and consists of the provinces of Serkatia, Alluria and Paternia. Adammia also operates a naval base by the canal-side in Pererria in the city centre (although this base is expected to be moved in the near future). The Wazakhstani Duchy of Wazmania is located in nearby Edgbaston.
Noted residents of Birmingham Sector territories include Adam I, Emperor of Adammia; Sir Alex Helliker, Prime Minister of Adammia; Ned Hilton, Prime Minister of Wazakhstan; and Admiral Ems Simpson, Leader of the Opposition in Adammia. Many of the sector's most influential micronationalists are members of the so-called Liberal Drinks Mafia, an informal group of members of the University of Birmingham Liberal Democrats; indeed, liberalism is the prevailing political ideology in both Adammia and Wazakhstan. The current total population of the sector is 18.
The first recorded micronational territory in Birmingham was the Adammic Colony of Alluria, set up in Edgbaston on 8 October 2016 by Emperor Adam I and Luca Panconi. After expanding its population and military presence in the area throughout early 2017, Adammia moved Alluria to nearby Selly Oak in September of that year. In late 2017, Adammia rapidly expanded its operations in Selly Oak and moved its central government to the area from its former headquarters in Yorkshire; this led to the creation of the current provinces of Serkatia, Alluria and Paternia. In November 2017, having been partially inspired by Adammia's expansion in the area, Ned Hilton established Wazakhstan, which soon established contact with Adammia. Now with two micronations operating in the city, the first references were soon made to the "Birmingham Sector".
Current micronational territories
- Province of Serkatia
- Province of Metchlia
- Province of Corellia
- Great Reserve of Ashoria
- Duchy of Wazmania
- City of Waztana
- Oblast of Metchleygrad
- Oblast of Goodbold
Former micronational territories
- The Province of Alluria was located at Flat 53, Liberty Court, Edgbaston between October 2016 and September 2017. Between September 2017 and September 2018, it was located at 26 Rookery Road, Selly Oak. In September 2018, it moved to a third location, until it was dissolved in September 2019. However, the Adammic military base of Fort Alluria remains active at the final site.
- The Province of Paternia was located on Bournbrook Road, Selly Oak, from its creation in October 2017 until its dissolution in September 2018.
- The Territory of Pererria was briefly located on the quayside of the Worcester and Birmingham Canal outside the Pitcher and Piano in Brindleyplace, central Birmingham, in January 2018. It was shortly thereafter relocated to another section of quayside on the same canal, this time adjacent to University station, until it was dissolved in March 2020.
- Dank-upon-Bourn was a province between September 2018 and September 2019, during which it was located on Alton Road, Selly Oak.
- The Province of Corellia was located on Warwards Lane, Selly Oak, between January 2019 and September 2019.
Other notable locations
- The Guild of Students at the University of Birmingham was the venue of the 2019 Birmingham Summit.
- The Bristol Pear pub, on Bristol Road in Selly Oak, was a popular haunt of the Liberal Drinks Mafia, and saw many micronational discussions. It remains popular with the University of Birmingham Liberal Democrats society. Lady Ems Simpson founded the Nuclear So-and-so Party at the Bristol Pear in November 2017. The count for the 2018 Adammic local elections took place at the Bristol Pear.
- The Country Girl pub, on Raddlebarn Road in Selly Oak, was the location of the cross-party summit on constitutional reform in February 2019, where it was agreed to create the House of Citizens; this led to the Adammic constitutional amendment referendum, 2019 and the adoption of the Sixth Amendment to the Supreme Directive. Coalition negotiations between the Liberal-Moderate Party and the Dank Party took place at the Country Girl in September 2019, following the 2019 Adammic general election.
- Bournbrook and Selly Oak Social Club on Hubert Road, Selly Oak, the venue of the University of Birmingham Conservative Society's Port and Policy event, was the location of the signing of the treaty of mutual recognition and dual citizenship between Adammia and Wazakhstan in June 2018.
- The Briar Rose Wetherspoons in central Birmingham is where Emperor Adam I met with the local government of Paternia in February 2018, following civil unrest in the province.
- Circo (formerly Urban), a bar on Bristol Road, Selly Oak, was where, in October 2018, Lady Hermione Peace announced her withdrawal from the 2018 Adammic national election and her endorsement of Juliano Saunders.