The Atlanta Cluster is a geopolitical term which refers to the large cluster of micronations with significant claims in the Atlanta metropolitan area and, in a broader sense, the entire U.S. state of Georgia. The birth of the cluster is generally regarded to be concurrent with the 1967 founding of the Kingdom of Ruritania, a geofictional nation with a government headed at an embassy in Stone Mountain. Currently, the Atlanta Cluster is spearheaded by the Atlanta Regional Union.
Atlanta Cluster Nations
The Atlanta Cluster consists of ten nations at present.
- Kingdom of Ruritania – The first of many nations to exist in Georgia, most well known for hosting MicroCon 2017.
- Star Kingdom
- Parkovian Empire
- Republic of Litzenburg
- Union of Jutar – A republic consisting of twelve union states in metro Atlanta, two union states on the west coast and an overseas territory in Europe.
- Commonwealth of Naveria – Since its conception, the nation of Naveria has been known for its rich culture and local influence.
- Currvanian Empire – While its capital territory is based in Florida, the Kingdom of New Jamestowne and its dependencies are based in southern Georgia and play in important role in the empire.
- Free Nation of New Athens – A technologically advanced nation, founded as an act of protest against a Cobb County law.
- Republic of Silver Springs
- Empire of Lorrinia
- Republic of Bonumland - Its capital Bonumis is located in College Park in Clayton County, which is located in the Atlanta metro area, although other territories exist elsewhere.
Improper Atlanta Nations
- Free State of Sabini – Controls an island known as Little Sicily due to a former association with the defunct Macintosh Isles state, but its formally based in Texas.
- Empire of Austenasia – Claims a territory called Peach Ponds in Peachtree City. As the territory is fairly undeveloped, only having existed since 4 April 2020, the significance of the claim cannot be judged.