Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Atlanta Regional Union
| Atlanta Regional Union |
Georgia, United States
|Established||December 1st, 2019|
Website Coming Soon
The Atlanta Regional Union is an international organization created to promote peace and diplomacy in the Georgia micronational community, otherwise known as the Atlanta Cluster. It was founded by the leaders of the Grand Duchy of Navārdia and Free Nation of New Athens on December 1st, 2019. It currently only has two members and one observer, but many other countries are eligible to join.
The charter of the Atlanta Regional Union states the following:
“We wish to formally announce the creation of the Atlanta Regional Union.
Founded on the 1st of December 2019, the Atlanta Regional Union is formed to pursue unity and harmony within the nations within the Atlanta, GA area, through diplomacy and cooperation for mutual benefit.
The rights and duties of each nation include the following:
- All member nations are required to respect one another's sovereignty, and may not attempt to dissolve or attack one another.
- All member nations are required to recognize one another.
- All member nations may participate in all open union discussions.
- All member nations must uphold the rights and duties within this document.
- All member nations must ratify or agree to the terms of the Wrythe Convention.
The Atlanta Regional Union shall have no centralized governor, and instead be guided and governed through cooperation with one another.”
Charter Amendment 2020A
- As of the February 2020, the Atlanta Regional Union shall be open to all nations and autonomous regions whose governments are centered within the borders of the US state of Georgia.
- Nations and autonomous regions, herein referred to simply as nations, shall be enabled to join the Atlanta Regional Union as observers under one or more of the following circumstances:
- For one reason or another, the nation(s) are unable to meet the mutual recognition requirement of the charter.
- Georgian regions of the nation(s) lack autonomy.
- One person attempts to represent multiple nations, leading to undemocratic double-voting if action such as observership status is not taken.
- All observer nations are required to respect one another's sovereignty, and may not attempt to dissolve or attack one another.
- All observer nations may participate in all open union discussions, but shall not participate in voting.
- All observer nations must uphold the rights and duties within this document.
- All observer nations must ratify or agree to the terms of the Wrythe Convention.
- All observer nations must reinstate their desire to remain within the union every one hundred and eighty days, or face removal.
- Nations of great importance to the community or union that wish to associate with the union may be invited to as permanent observers, if not full members.
- Permanent observer nations shall have the rights and duties of observers, without the need to reinstate status.
- Permanent observers shall not be removed from the union, unless they are found to have violated the terms of the charter.
|Name||Flag||Capital||Population||Foundation||Joined ARU||Membership Type|
|Phoklandian Free State||Orbly||35||1 Jan 2020
10 February 2007 (Rosston)
|1 Dec 2019||Full Member|
|Free Nation of New Athens||Acworth Province||17||30 Sep 2019||1 Dec 2019||Full Member|
|Empire of Nashikuo||Nashikuo Prime||1||29 Feb 2020||1 Mar 2020||Observer|
After a unanimous vote on March 6th, 2020, the Atlanta Regional Union became the center of devlopment for the Atlantozone, a local and economic micronational sphere in which the Atlanto community currency is accepted. Unlike the Eurozone, the Atlantozone’s macronational equivalent, other currencies are widely accepted within member states (especially the US dollar).