Atlanta Regional Union
| Atlanta Regional Union |
|Georgia, United States |
|Established||December 1st, 2019|
Website Coming Soon
The Atlanta Regional Union is an international organization created to promote peace and diplomacy in the Georgia micronational community, otherwise known as the Atlanta Cluster. It was founded by the leaders of the Grand Duchy of Navārdia and Free Nation of New Athens on December 1st, 2019. It currently has three member states, but many other local entities are eligible to join.
The charter of the Atlanta Regional Union states the following:
“We wish to formally announce the creation of the Atlanta Regional Union.
Founded on the 1st of December 2019, the Atlanta Regional Union is formed to pursue unity and harmony within the nations within the Atlanta, GA area, through diplomacy and cooperation for mutual benefit.
The rights and duties of each nation include the following:
- All member nations are required to respect one another's sovereignty, and may not attempt to dissolve or attack one another.
- All member nations are required to recognize one another.
- All member nations may participate in all open union discussions.
- All member nations must uphold the rights and duties within this document.
- All member nations must ratify or agree to the terms of the Wrythe Convention.
The Atlanta Regional Union shall have no centralized governor, and instead be guided and governed through cooperation with one another.”
Charter Amendment 2020A
- As of the February 2020, the Atlanta Regional Union shall be open to all nations and autonomous regions whose governments are centered within the borders of the US state of Georgia.
- Nations and autonomous regions, herein referred to simply as nations, shall be enabled to join the Atlanta Regional Union as observers under one or more of the following circumstances:
- For one reason or another, the nation(s) are unable to meet the mutual recognition requirement of the charter.
- Georgian regions of the nation(s) lack autonomy.
- One person attempts to represent multiple nations, leading to undemocratic double-voting if action such as observership status is not taken.
- All observer nations are required to respect one another's sovereignty, and may not attempt to dissolve or attack one another.
- All observer nations may participate in all open union discussions, but shall not participate in voting.
- All observer nations must uphold the rights and duties within this document.
- All observer nations must ratify or agree to the terms of the Wrythe Convention.
- All observer nations must reinstate their desire to remain within the union every one hundred and eighty days, or face removal.
- Nations of great importance to the community or union that wish to associate with the union may be invited to as permanent observers, if not full members.
- Permanent observer nations shall have the rights and duties of observers, without the need to reinstate status.
- Permanent observers shall not be removed from the union, unless they are found to have violated the terms of the charter.
|Name||Flag||Capital||Population||Foundation||Joined ARU||Membership Type|
|Commonwealth of Naveria||Orbly||21||Various Dates
Fall 2017 (Chocomarina)
|1 Dec 2019||Full Member|
|Free Nation of New Athens||Acworth Province||20||30 Sep 2019||1 Dec 2019||Full Member|
|Union of Jutar||Cannatriea||15||2 Sep 2017||7 May 2020||Full Member|
|Free State of Sabini||Gema||11||11 Jan 2020||2 Sep 2020||Full Member|
The Atlanta Regional Union intended to create a micronational and community hybrid currency called the Atlanto, for use alongside other currencies such as the US dollar. The Atlanto has lost focus in the Union since its inception in the March of 2020, as both Naveria and New Athens (the only member states at the time) have begun work on their own national currencies in September and November of the same year. Later discussions about the Atlanto have proposed its use as an international trading cryptocurrency.