Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
| Wrythe Convention|
|| 15 September 2018|
|| 15 September 2018|
The Wrythe Convention is an international treaty which condemns sockpuppeting, identity theft, and false claims within micronationalism. Signatories to the Convention pledge to not enter into relations with any entities engaged in fabrications and falsehoods, and by signing the treaty reserve the right to suspend or revoke recognition of any entities found to have engaged in such behaviour.
The Convention singles out and condemns James Klaassen-White (the individual whose false online claims "inspired" the drafting of the treaty) as "one of the very few engaged in sockpuppeting, identity theft, false claims, and other fabrications who has not had the decency to cease such behaviour after it has been exposed".
Signatories do not simply by signing the Convention extend any recognition to co-signatories, due to the "collective desire to ensure trust and honesty in the community" transcending any diplomatic differences between micronations.
The Wrythe Convention was signed in person by representatives from several micronations at Wrythe on 15 September 2018, namely:
- Grand Unified Micronational
- Empire of Adammia
- Empire of Austenasia
- Grand Duchy of Flandrensis
- Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic
- Republic of New Westphalia
- Sakasarian Federation
- Principality of Wildflower Meadows
Since its entering into force, the following micronations have also acceded to the Wrythe Convention:
- Holy Roman Empire - 17 September 2018
- Amissopian Federation - 17 September 2018
- Konraq Khanate - 18 September 2018
- Commonwealth of Uskor - 18 September 2018
- Millanian Commonwealth - 18 September 2018
- Empire of Iustus - 18 September 2018
- Aarianian Union of North America - 18 September 2018
- People's Republic of Duke - 18 September 2018
- Republic of NZRE - 18 September 2018
- Palatinate of Uberquiesenberg - 19 September 2018
- Federal Kingdom of Arkonia - 19 September 2018
- Posaf - 19 September 2018
- Phyrria - 19 September 2018
- Quietrock - 19 September 2018
- Kingdom of Sycamore - 20 September 2018
- Federal Republic of Lostisland - 21 September 2018
- Grand Duchy of Westarctica - 21 September 2018
- Gymnasium State - 24 September 2018
- Kingdom of Jupiter - 24 September 2018
- United Sartontian Empire - 25 September 2018
- Commonwealth of Wenonah - 26 September 2018
- Austrovian Empire - 28 September 2018
- Community of Landashir - 8 October 2018
- Virgan Republic - 8 October 2018
- Kingdom Of East Caledonia - 9 October 2018
- Federal Republic of Hasanistan - 14 October 2018
- Kingdom of Sorrenia - 14 October 2018
- Kingdom of Ikonia - 16 December 2018
- Aenderese Republic - 16 December 2018
- Kingdom of Auvenum - 16 December 2018
- Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall - 25 December 2018
- State of Gradonia - 28 December 2018
- Imperium of the Americas - 13 January 2019
- Confederation of Mahuset - 4 March 2019
- Republic of Litvania - 17 April 2019
- The GUM signed the Convention on behalf of itself as an organisation, not on behalf of its members. The signatory status of the GUM means that is now legally bound to refuse association with any entities conducting the practices condemned by the treaty, although it has throughout its history always maintained a de facto block on accepting applicants deemed to have overly fictional elements.
- The Holy Roman Empire acceded to the Convention on behalf of itself as an imperial confederation and on behalf of the member states of which it was comprised at the time. Any future member states will be considered bound by the treaty for the duration of their membership of the HRE, whereas the four nations which were members at the time of the HRE's accession to the Convention are considered to have ratified it in their own right.
- Federal Kingdom of Arkonia Gazette Post
- Gymnasium State has edited its foreign policy according to the convention on 17th September (), however it has not signed it untill 24th ()
- Wenonah signed as the Federal State of Shoresia, prior to its democratic name change.