Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
People's Republic of Duke
The People's Republic of Duke is a sovereign self declared micronation which claims land in many different places around the world. It is ruled under the benevolent autocracy of President Tom Kap. It's main claim of territory or Mainland Duke as it is called among the locals, is in New York City.
| People's Republic of Duke
Pongeru Republiça dÏ Duka (Kanglap)
Pongeru Tamagang Zangseunlay (Ancient Dukian)
Volksrepublik Duke (German)Republica Popular de Duke (Spanish)
Duke United,Duke Free"
Duke United Forever
(Composed by President Tom Kap)
|Claims around the World |
|Capital city||Chatham City|
|Largest city||Klixan City|
|Official language(s)||Dukian and English|
|Official religion(s)||Taekism and Buddhism|
|Government||Topek Style Benevolent autocracy led under president Tom Kap|
|Legislature||Parliament and Topek Style|
|Established||October 5th 2017|
|Area claimed||48.56 km²|
|Population||44 (as of 2018 census)|
|Time zone||-4:50 UTC in Chatham City, Violet Box S.A.R, Donyang Province, Lesser Chatham,Chalmar,Hyeseu, and Unis Province
+7:50 UTC in Hyesan Province and New Hong Kong Autonomous Settlement
-7:50 UTC in Hagar Province-8:50 UTC in Sieraq Province
|National sport||Mixed Martial Arts and Brazilian Jui Jitsu|
|This nation is a member of the United Micronational Union and United Micropact|
|Demographics of Peoples Republic of Duke (Zangseunlay)|
|Population||128 (2018 Census)|
|Density||Several land claims|
|Growth rate||5 people become citizens per month on average|
|Birth rate||1 person born every week in a Dukian Territory Dukian National Census|
|Death rate||1 person every 2 months in a Dukian Territory Dukian National Census|
|Infant mortality rate||0 dead births, 1 live birth|
|Net migration rate||5 people usually migrate to Duke per month (According Duke Immigration Statistics)|
|65 and over||23|
|Nationality||Peoples Republic of Duke (Dukian)|
|Major ethnic||Hyesanien 67% of the population|
|Minor ethnic||Songbuien 3% of the population|
|Leader||Chairman of the National Topek Peoples State Tom Kap|
|International affiliation||New York City and Hong Kong|
|Regions with significant populations|
Dukian,Spanish, and English
- 1 Idea
- 2 Etymology
- 3 History
- 4 Leadership
- 5 Military
- 6 Law and Order
- 7 Duke Postal Service
- 8 Tourism
- 9 Holidays
- 10 Duke Civil Conflict
- 11 Chatham City
- 12 Taipang and the Zang River
- 13 Language
- 14 Style
- 15 Flag
- 16 Llyod
- 17 Foreign Relations
- 18 List of Groups banned in Duke
- 19 List of Condemned Nations/Entitys/Groups
- 20 Embassies/Consulates In Duke
- 21 Tom Kap
- 22 Chatham Park
- 23 Elections
- 24 Rights and Treatment for all Citizens
- 25 Politcal Parties
- 26 Economy and Currency
- 27 Media
- 28 Passport
- 29 Honors and awards
- 30 Duke Airways
- 31 Provinces
- 32 Calendar
- 33 Borders
- 34 United Micronational Union
- 35 Kap Family
- 36 External Links
Dukian flag waving
Duke was the brainchild of Tom Kap. The idea was a small perfect nation with a stable government and no crime. Things have been going fine but with some incidents inside Duke. The people of Duke enjoy living in the mostly tax free nation and believe that a nation can be run just fine even if the ruler is a tween. Many of Dukes citizens believe Tom is doing a better job than his USA counterpart Donald Trump. Tom is a very kind but firm ruler. There are always speeches and the idea behind Duke was to also have an enthusiastic leader who could work with the people and contribute ideas to make the nation a better place.
Our nation is called Duke, Because in the Ancient Dukian Language Duke means Nation for everyone
Duke was created when founder Tom Kap was furious at the outcome of American politics. His guerilla force fought a 8 month war and then established the People's Republic of Duke (Formerly the Republic of Duke) and on 5 October, Duke became independent. Several situations have happened so far, and Tom Kap has loved the micronational world, because he believes that it is not only a fun thing to do but something important and that Micronations show that anyone has the potential to create a nation and run just like anyother. He was inspired by Austenasia, Molossia, and Sealand. The Lonley Planet book of Micronations also inspired Tom. On 5 October 2017, the Empire of Duke declared independence. One week later, it was called the Republic of Duke. Afterwards, there was a change in the government and it changed its name to the People's Republic of Duke. The Duke Civil Conflict was a conflict that happened during the People's Republic period. After that, a Parliament was created. Now Duke is a benevolent autocracy led under President Tom Kap.
Governemntal Crisis of 2018
On July 21st 2018 Dukes current government collapsed due to several reasons: Inactivity of governmental officials, Javis Anti Duke rebel force, and other things. Tom created a provisional government that will last until September 1st 2018 at 11:59 pm. Then the Old government shall come together again. The provisional government was created to not turn Duke into a one man dictatorship over the summer. The participants of the Provisional government are going to be rewarded by the President for there commitment. After a couple of days the Provisional government was disbanded and Duke continued to be ruled normally.
Duke used to be a dictatorship republic but a coup happened and it became the Peoples Republic of Duke on Febuary 23rd (After the Febuary 23rd incident). It is ruled by a single party known as the Topek party. Other political parties exist but the Topek Party is the majority of the Parliament with 6 seats out of 10. Elections for parliament representatives happen every 3 years. Duke is now in a democracy with vice presidential elections every 2 years.
The military has 36 active members and a cyber warfare unit called Unit 22. There are 6 regiments each with 6 active members.
Law and Order
Duke is a benevolent Autocracy and part democracy. The court system is very similair to the United States. The Supreme Court is located in Chatham City and is run under judge Kirsten Kap. The Central Prosecuter is Zoe Kap. There are 4 types of Police:
- Zangseunlay Duke Immigration Border Police
- Duke Police
- Duke Special Operations Police
- Duke Security Police
There are 3 intelligence services
- DNSA Duke National Security Agency - Operates Only In Duke (Now operates everywhere due to DNSA International security rpoposal/law)
- DCIA Duke Central Intelligence Agency - Operates everywhere
- DMIA Duke Military Intelligence Agency - Operates everywhere
Duke Postal Service
The Duke postal service is the offcial postal system of Duke. Stamps are issued. A message was sent from The Dukian Embassy in Sarasota to Chatham City using one American stamp and one Dukian. To the Governments surprise it sent and was recieved. The Duke Postal service sends local mail and mail sent internationally will have a stamp of the macronation thats nearest to the province and a Dukian stamp. It works really well for Dukian Citizens.
Tourism in Duke is under control of the Dukian Tourism Authority. It is difficult to visit unless you personally know the Kap family or anyone close to the Kap family. Most tourism usually happenss in Chatham City.
|New Year's Day||January 1||To celebrate the new year|
|Tangyera (Taekist Holiday)||January 2-4||To be with family and to celebrate them|
|Tom Kap Day/ Leader Birthday/Topek New year||January 22||To celebrate Tom Kaps Birthday and Topek New year|
|Chinese new year (2019 date) (Chinese Holiday)||February 5||To celebrate the Lunar new Year|
|Llyods Birthday and Betta Fish Day||February 9||To celebrate the birthday of Tom Kaps pet fish Llyod and to celebrate Betta Fish|
|Valentine's Day||February 14||To celebrate the people we love and hold dear in our hearts|
|Tom Kaps dads Birthday||Febuary 25||Celebrate Tom Kaps dad's birthday|
|Saint Patrick's Day (Irish Holiday)||March 17||To have a fun day and to celebrate being Irish|
|Duke Flag Day||March 19||To celebrate the day Duke's flag was offcially made by Tom Kap|
|Ailan Dar (Taekist Holiday)||April 5||To celebrate animals|
|Par Mang (Taekist Holiday)||April 9||To celebrate Hyesanien Culture|
|Bang a'la songyer (Taekist Holiday)||April 11-13||To celebrate Dukian Children|
|Kungserman (Taekist Holiday)||April 14||To worship Nangsun the protector of people|
|Kungsarmenang (Taekist Holiday)||April 15||To worship Nangsung defeating the evil demon Ramangal|
|Easter Sunday (Christian Holiday)||April 16||To celebrate Easter|
|Tom Kaps Mothers Birthday||June 8||To celebrate the birthday of Tom Kaps Mother|
|Tom Kaps sisters Birthday||June 24||To celebrate Zoe Kaps Birthday|
|Independence Day||October 5th||To celebrate Dukes Independence|
|Thanksgiving (American Holiday)||4th Thursday of Every November||To give thanks|
|Christmas Eve||Decemeber 24||To celebrate the Night before Christmas|
|Christmas Day||December 25||To celebrate Jesus being born and the joy of the holiday spirit|
|Western New Year's Eve||December 31||To prepare for the new year to arrive|
Duke Civil Conflict
The Duke Civil Conflict was a Government Conflict when The Dukian Governors argued over Laws. The Provinces of Donyang,Lesser Chatham,and Violet Box wanted to secede. It was intense and there were many protests and pro partion activists. Duke declared Martial Law when some areas began fighting Mainland Dukian people ( From Chatham Province). Both sides where to blame. The provinces then began speaking about starting peace talks. After 2 days the Governors talked and the Conflict ended with Duke not being Partitioned. . Tom Kap says that both sides won by keeping Duke whole instead of partitioning it.
Chatham City is the capital of Duke. It is also where the parliament and the Presidential district is based. President Tom Kap lives there. It is not the largest city as it is beat by Halangsu City in Hyesan Province and Klixan City in Klixan Province. It is the Capital of Chatham Province and is situated close to the US border. It is also next to Violet City in Violet Box S.A.R.
Taipang and the Zang River
These rivers are very important in Dukian Culture. They flow 1,080 miles downstream and they serve as a border for UNIS and Lesser Chatham Province to The USA. There real names are american but in Duke this is what we call them. One major conflict in the Dukian Conflict occured there with both sided fighting at the bank of the rivers. A lot of beautiful wildlife and Flora and Fauna inhabit the area.
Dukian and English are official. People speak Dukian Slang. Dukian has 72 fluent speakers. Each letter in the Kanglap Alphabet has a pronunciation. A in english is a kanglap A and it is pronounced like Al. Hello in Dukian is pronounced like this: Hii-eel-lo-lo-o
In Duke fashion is important. The most popular clothes now for men are the Kangera style. This is a military style jacket with a Songkok cap. These are usually worn by government officials and important Hyesanien Ethnic politicians. For women modern clothes is very popular but on traditional holidays they wear a Hanbok and a headscarf. Dukes traditional clothing is very diverse due to Dukian Citizens being of many diverse backgrounds. There is also a unisex fashion trend called a quera which is a braid in form of string clipped in hair. They are very popular especially among Dukian teenagers.
The Dukian flag was designed by Tom Kap. There are 12 stripes. There are 4 red crosses. Each cross symbolizes one of the 4 principles:
March 19th is the day of the Dukian Flag. On this day people rememeber the flag and a festival is held at night honoring Tom Kap for his hard work in making a flag to represent Duke.
Duke flag waving
On February 9 2017 President Tom Kap adopted Llyod a dragon betta fish. Tom had Llyod for over 1 year. On Thursday afternoon on April 11 2018 Llyod passed a way of old age and a tumour. In Duke there is a set 100 day mourning period. Llyod was then taken to the Zang River (Hudson River) and put in the water. A Taekist Passsing away ceremony was held. Tom Kaps mother said that she saw him swim form his log decoration to the plants. Later when she came back he wasn't moving. He was pronounced dead later that day.
A QEEPR site was made to honor him link to memorial: http://www.qeepr.com/profile/LlyodJosephOreilly/
Duke has a system called Balmungse. This system classifies Allies and enemys as well as anything to do with the foreign relations of Duke.
United Nations - Most member states. Member states not recognized will be in the section of Non recognition.
- Republic of Doom
- Slitherian Empire
- Republic of Quantum (Revoked temporarily due to Quantum being aggressive toward other allies of Duke)
Duke Recognizes these Nations as Sovereign
And all other Micronations. Non Recognized or State of Conflict Micronations will go in the section that they categorize in.
Macronations that recognize Duke
Spain - De facto recognition (23 May)
- Shogunate of Samia
- Republic of Doom
- All United Micropact members
Not Recognized by Duke
- North Korea - due to the tyrannical Kim dictatorship and the Songun policies and the mistreatment of it's citizens and the threat of turning Japan and South Korea into a "Sea of Fire" and that is not acceptable under the Duke Government.
- Any country that is a puppet state like Manchoukuo which was a Japanese puppet state during the Japanese invasion of Manchuria
- Any Country/Group/Entity that is condemned by the Duke Government.
- "Independent Republic of Duke" - Fake Governement led by treasonous ex vice president and treasonous ex governor therefor not recognized by Duke
- United Republic of walker - Peace disruptor and enemy therefore not recognized by Duke
Nations in a war or conflict with Duke
- Republic of Silla - Due to the Conflict of Duke and Bernadan Silla or as its known in Duke as the Febuary 23 incident
- North Korea - Due to the possible endangerment of Dukian Citizens and the tyrannical government Duke has been at war with North Korea since November 14
- "Indepedent Republic of Duke" - Fake Nation and run by 2 ex Dukian government offcials who commited treason therefore Duke is at war with them
List of Groups banned in Duke
- Moranbong Band - Propaganda tool for the DPRK
- Illuminati - Classified as a dangerous cult
- Any Neo-nazi Group - Allying them selves with a horrible government that commited a genocide
- Scientology - Classified as a dangerous cult
- Mycenianen Anti Duke group - Banned for anti Duke government activities incluiding burning pictures of current president
- Pyongyang restaurant Chain- Way for North Korea to earn hard cash from foreigners
- Any group that classfies under a hate group is banned
- Any group that is a jihadist group
- Any group that is pro North Korean Regime and spreads pro North Korean propaganda. Also if they spread the Juche Idea by glorifying the tyrannical regime in North Korea they will be banned as they will be trying to brainwash civilians and that is illegal under Duke Law 26: One may not brainwash another person as that is a serious form of lying therefore it is illegal
Banned People in Duke
- Alessandro Josca (Can only visit UNIS province)
- Liem Tesler (Can only visit UNIS province)
- Ben Gorisek Gazze (Can only visit Unis Province) (Ban Lifted)
- El Chapo
- Any Drug dealer
- Any Neo-Nazi
- Anyone smuggling illegal items
- Kim Jong Un
- Abu Bakr Al Bagdhadi
- Matthew Walker also known as Walker391 ( Ban lifted )
- Javier Trujillo ( Can only visit UNIS Province )
- All Andanian Citizens
List of Condemned Nations/Entitys/Groups
6.Neo Nazi Grouos
7.Westboro Baptist Church
13.Ku Klux Klan
21. 3rd Reich (Nazi Germany)
22. Imperial Japan
23. Any anti Dukian group that spreads hatred against our nation
31. Hong Kong Government
36. El Salvador
Embassies/Consulates In Duke
- Global Union Embassy - finished
- Schwanensee Embassy - finished
- Authellian Embassy - finished
- Bearytown Embassy - finished
- Andany Embassy - destroyed after Pablos attack of Sycamore
- Konatia - finished
- Quantum - destroyed after Quantum threatened allies
- Imperial Empire of Millania and New Granada - Finished
- Kaion Consulate - Finished
- The Iustus Republic Consulate - Finished
- Etrovea Consulate - Finished
These Embassies are not owned by Duke and the Ambassadorial Compound main area is owned by the United Micronational Union. Any invasion of an embassy is a violation punishable under Dukian law and whichever embassy was broken into laws. The embassies are not houses. They are big lego structures with the flag of the nation and a a sign. The more allies Duke gets the more embassies get built. These embassies help foster diplomatic relations between Duke and the other nations.
Tom Kap is the founding father and biggest politician of Duke. He has been the main figure since starting Duke and is a Dukian Politician. He also is the Chairman of The Dukian Topek Workers Party. He founded the Topek Ideology and loves to travel the globe. He is hoping to develop diplomatic reation with other micronations and hopefully recognition from the international community.
One of the official portraits of President Tom Kap
In Chatham City there is the Chatham Park one of the most important sites in the city. The park is very beautiful and it is near the foreign quarter. The park is very small but it is a peaceful place for excersising. It is one of tghe most visited destinations in all of Duke.
Duke is technically a benevolent autocracy, but there are still elections. The most recent were the Chatham Province Governor elections where Tom Kap won by 8 votes. Then there was the New Hong Kong Autonomous Settlement elections where Tom Kap won too. Voting is important. The Government is planning a special online voting google form. Many vote using paper ballots. After the results are analyzed they are announced 1 hour later.
Rights and Treatment for all Citizens
In Duke all citizens have rights. They have the right to identify themselves in any way they want to. Duke is 100% open to the LGBTQ+ community. Refusing service to anyone, because of there race,gender,sexuality,ethnicity,etc is illegal and the person who refused service can be fined and fired. The government grants any person detained the right to a lawyer. Freedom of speech is allowed and Protests are allowed too.
|Party Name||Owner||Seats in the Parliament||Logo||Main Province|
|Topek for Duke||Tom Kap||5 seats||干||Chatham Province|
|Duke Zangseunlay Nationalist Party||Kevin Kap||1 seat||人||TriBeCa Protectorate|
|Duke Green Party||Huey Kap||1 seat||🌳||New Hong Kong Autonomous Settlement|
|Mami Feminist Party||Kirsten Kap||1 seat||🙋||TriBeCa Protectarate and Mamistan Independent Region|
|People's Party||Kamau Samuels||1 seat||🙏||Lesser Chatham and Sieraq|
|Independence Party||Cristiaan Fitzsimons||1 seat||🚩||Donyang Province and Hyesan Province|
Dukian Parliament Political Parties diagram
Economy and Currency
|Economy of Peoples Republic of Duke|
|Rank||43 (Bank Of Duke and Duke International buissness Dep.)|
|Fixed exchange rates||5 sheka to 1 USD|
|GDP||1000 Shekas per week|
|GDP growth||5 million Sheka|
|GDP per capita||100,000 Shekas|
|GDP by sector||5|
below poverty line
|agriculture, Government, and many others|
|Average gross salary||500,000 shekas per year|
|Average net salary||1 million Shekas per year|
|Main export partners||Allies|
|Main import partners||Allies|
|All values, unless otherwise stated, are in name of used currency|
- Duke Central relevision (DCTV) is a state owned Dukian TV network. It brodcats and is hosted usually by Langyu Saqyerang a Dukian News and media specialist. It broadcasts Dukian and International news and TV shows from Duke. The latest TV shows include Captain Knots and Fighting for Duke. Captain knots is more comical while fighting for Duke is a propaganda documentry about fighting against Dukes enemies.
- Duke Times is a weekly newspaper availiable in 150 languages incluiding English. It is written on google docs and it can be translated easily. There are typically 3 stories and an Ad. One ad for example is for the Dukian Military. The latest headline is that three major Government pofficials have commited treason against Duke and fled the country.
- Duke Radio is a internet based radio station that is set up but not broadcasting just yet. President Tom Kap is excited to start broadcasting and he says its an excellent way for Dukian news to be spread across.
- DCTV Duke News is an internet Newspaper. It has published several article two which where on the Microwiki main page. It is a great way of getting news and is especially popular among Dukian Teenagers. It is one of the most famous in all of Duke with many Dukian reading it. It is usually also read in schools.
The Peoples Republic of Duke passport comes in several types:
- Chatham State
To get one you must visit Duke or go to the Dukian embassy. Cyber Citizenship is also avaliable.
Dukian Diplomatic Passport
Honors and awards
In Duke important and good people who have done something very helpful get awards
Here are people and the Awards the recieved
- Zoe Kap- Best Parliament speaker of Duke in 2017,Best foreign emissary to represent Duke, and best DCTV News Caster of the times
- Tom Kap- Topek Party Honor Award, Honorable leader award,Great military commander award,Duke art show award, and Duke Cinema director awesome award for directing the Dukian film Mangyak
- Pablo Macias- Dukian Award for a foreigner who has helped our nation (Revoked after his attack on Sycamore and his online illegal activities)
- Javi.T-Military award and Vice presidential award (Revoked after treason)
- Alessandro J-Duke Technology award of 2017 (Revoked due to treason against the state)
- Jonathan Augustus - Title: Amazing Micronationalist and Order of Sungkar
Duke Airways is Dukes airline consisting of 7 planes. 5 of the Planes are in Klixan Province Airport. They belong to Tom Kaps family. It is not fully operational and will soon have a website. Plans to fly too Authellia,Duke,and Bearytown.
There are several Provinces
- Sieraq- Governor Abdoul Diallo
- Hagar- Governor Zoe Kap
- Hyesan- Governor Kamau Samuels
- Donyang- Pierre Kap
- Klixan- Sighard Rahtke
- Chatham- Tom Kap
- Lesser Chatham- Zoe Kap
- Violet Box S.A.R - Zoe Kap
- UNIS Province- Kamau Samuels
- Hyeseu Province - João Sylvain
- Chalmar Province - Pierre Kap
- Mamistan Independent Province - Kirsten Kap
- TriBeCa Protectorate - Zoe Kap
Duke uses the Topek Calendar
There are 12 months and on the 22 of each month the Honor part begins. All Dukian Holidays are marked on and they are decorated in a patriotic way.
January 22 2006 Marks Topek Year 1 and is also Leader Birthday Holiday.
|Peoples Republic of Duke - USA border (Falcon Border Crossing)|
Peoples Republic of Duke
|Settlements||New York City and Chatham City, and Violet Box|
|Time of existence||Since October 5th 2017|
|Demarcation||October 5th 2017|
|Control||Dukian Zangseunlay Border peoples troops|
|Controlling organisation||Dukian immigration Zangseunlay unit|
Duke shares borders with several countries but the most known one is Falcon Border Crossing with the USA.
United Micronational Union
This is an organization founded by Tom Kap. The chair is Tom Kap. There are currently 5 member nations. One nation is taking a leave of abscence for a month due to his nation being inactive for a one month period.
The Kap family is the Dukian name for Tom Kaps family. They are very unique. All family memebers hold citizenship and many hold household registration. The current rulers are the Kap family with Tom Kap being the leader and Zoe Kap holding a very high position in the Topek Party and the Government.
|Available languages for this page: • English|