A treaty is an agreement under international law entered into by actors in international law, namely sovereign states and international organizations. A treaty may also be known as: (international) agreement, protocol, covenant, convention, exchange of letters, etc. Regardless of the terminology, all of these international agreements under international law are equally treaties and the rules are the same.
Treaties can be loosely compared to contracts: both are means of willing parties assuming obligations among themselves, and a party to either that fails to live up to their obligations can be held liable under international law for that breach. The central principle of treaty law is expressed in the maxim pacta sunt servanda—"pacts must be respected".
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Treaties"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- THE S.S.A.M-Meow Friendly Pact
- Treaty of Aintree
- Treaty of Alexandrești
- Treaty of Botafogo
- Treaty of Dominica
- Treaty of Durango
- Treaty of Franco province
- Treaty of Freyan-Snilander Peace & Prosperity
- Treaty of Landamfielden
- Treaty of Mikrá Elláda
- Treaty of Mutual Recognition Between the Kingdom of Sayville and the Kingdom of Northwood-Oregon
- Treaty of Nyros
- Treaty of Nyros/Full text
- Treaty of Persenburg
- Treaty of Ruskin Road (2010)
- Treaty of Union (Leylandiistan and Gurvata)
- Treaty on Unification and the Creation of a Federal State
- Triune Alliance