This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
|Ratified||28 June 2019|
|Date effective||28 June 2019|
The Edgbaston Convention is an intermicronational treaty which defines higher standard of accuracy in claims and condemns misleading claims within micronationalism. The treaty is on the "Standards to Prevent Frivolous Claims of Citizenship, Territory and Economic Activity within the Community of Small States and Nations".
The treaty comprises three key sections. The first states that micronations should not claim as citizens people who are not aware of the micronation or who do not wish to be part of it. The second states that micronations should not claim as territory inhabited areas where the majority of residents are not citizens, except for purely ceremonial claims. It also states that micronations should not have the entirety of their claims in outer space or in virtual space. The third section states that micronations should not count activities such as working in a nearby macronation as part of their gross domestic product (GDP).
The idea of a document defining higher standards of claims was first suggested by the-then chair Adam I following 'a few drinks' in response to obscene claims made by nations such as New Cymru and Rosscommon, often including thousands of individuals whom may not even know about the existence of said nation.
- Grand Unified Micronational
- Empire of Adammia
- Empire of Austenasia
- Grand Duchy of Westarctica
- Commonwealth of Essexia
- Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic
- Kingdom of Aspen (signed as the Aspen Empire)
- Second Kingdom of Quebec (now Paloma)
- Republic of New Westphalia
- Confederation of Mahuset - 21 October 2019
- Free State of Sabini - 1 July 2020
- Reino de Atlia - 16 July 2020
- The Sun Republic - 18 July 2020
- Empire of Aenopia - 17 August 2020
- Republic of Lowenia - 3 September 2020
- State of Vishwamitra - 13 September 2020
- Desert District - 14 September 2020
- Unified Royal States of Australis - 24 September 2020
- Hausgurd Union of the Crowns - 6 October 2020
- Republic of Yu-Xia - 25 October 2020
- Snagovian Federation - 3 November 2020
- Nova Tromsø - 26 November 2020
- Antonian Empire - 27 December 2020
- Jarldom of Hjalvik - 4 January 2021
- Glorious Taradiddly Empire of Zooxaloo - 10 January 2021
- Kingdom of the Iceni - 24 January 2021
- Kingdom of Monteberg - 24 January 2021
- Cheskgariyan-Litvanian Commonwealth - 10 February 2021
- Republic of Kirael - 20 March 2021
- Arsalania - 21st March 2021
- Revalian Kingdom - 29th March 2021
- Kingdom of Northwood-Oregon - 4 April 2021 
- Novus Hierosolymis - 24 April 2021
- Pinang - 4 May 2021
- Maritime Republic of The Damariscotta - 29 May 2021
- Federacia Respubliko Lomoria - 13 July 2021
- Grand Duchy of Grindle - 13 September 2021 
- Principality of Sancratosia - 17 December 2021
- Salanda - 22nd December 2021
- New Eiffel - 28 June 2019–1 November 2020 (dissolved)
- Republic of Jayditaria - 21 March 2021 - 23 April 2021  (annexed, but resolution adopted by Novus Hierosolymis)
- Commonwealth of Naveria - 27 September 2020-15 July 2021 (dissolved)
- Roskya - 4 October 2020-9 July 2021 (dissolved)
- "Aenopian Signature of Edgbaston Convention". The Aenopian Government. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- The Rashtradhyaksh. "Vishwamitra signs Edgbaston Convention". The State of Vishwamitra. Retrieved 13 September 2020.
- Snagovian Federal Republic. Snagovian Federal Republic ratifies and subsequently signs the Wrythe and Edgbaston Conventions. 3 November 2020
- Konstantínos. "Nova Tromsø ratifies the Wrythe and Edgbaston conventions". Nova Tromsø News Agency. Retrieved 26 November 2020.
- Carson Snyder. "Royal Deluge Ratifies the Edgbaston and Wrythe Convention".
- Government of Sancratosia (17 December 2021). "Sovereign Ordinance no 4 of 17 December on the signature of the Edgbaston Convention". Principality of Sancratosia.
- Jayden Dagsa. "Sen. Res. 003, ratifying and signing the Edgbaston Convention for the Republic of Jayditaria".