Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
GUM Advancement Council
The Advancement Council (AC) was the organ of the Grand Unified Micronational charged with the promotion and development of issues of mutual development between member states. The Advancement Council was established by the Constitution, containing up to five member states and with an electoral term of three months. Members of the AC were elected by the Quorum of Delegates. The Advancement Council was disestablished during the August 2010 attempted reform, but reformed by the Quorum after the restoration of GUM activity a year later. The Advancement Council was deactivated during the term of Richard Cunningham as Chair of Quorum in March 2013, as an indirect result the 2012-13 GUM leadership scandal, and was disbanded permanently with the entry into force of the Charter on 15 February 2014.
In April 2012, the position of Secretary of the Advancement Council was created, to lead and co-ordinate its projects. A list of secretaries is as follows:
- 1 April 2012 - 8 April 2012: J.J. Hakimoto (acting)
- 8 April 2012 - 13 June 2012: Ciprian of Juclandia
- 13 June 2012 - 16 September 2012: Luke Albertschine (acting until 25 August)
- 16 September 2012 - 16 December 2012: Jonathan Nobilissimus Caesar
- 16 December 2012 - 17 January 2013: Leon Simpson
- 17 January 2013 - 13 March 2013: Bradley of Dullahan (acting)
- 13 March 2013 - 13 June 2013: Ciprian (acting until 3 April)
- 13 June 2013 - 29 June 2013: Vacant
- 29 June 2013 - 13 September 2013: Alex Whitmarsh
- 15 September 2013 - 13 December 2013: Edward Jacobs
- 15 December 2013 - 13 March 2014: Adam I
The Advancement Council throughout GUM history comprised of: