Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|The current date is|
29 March 2020
This year is after 2018 and is followed by 2020. 2019 saw the common and continuous use of MicroWiki@Discord as the main hub for communication, Discord also being officially used by the GUM, which continued to flourish, doubling in size, a large part of it under the administration of Emperor Adam I, who was the first Chair to have been elected to a second consecutive term in history. Adam also organised the third 24 Hour Quorum and hosted the first GUM Summit in Birmingham in June. Adam was also made a wiki admin in March. Adam's work in the GUM saw him selected as DIME Magazine's first ever "Micronationalist of the Year" for 2019. Eryn Lewis resigned from her controversial role as a Discord administrator, also later resigning from being a wiki administrator. Cameron I of Ikonia was made a new Discord administrator, and later a wiki admin in July, Will Campbell was also made a wiki admin back in May. MicroCon 2019 was held between 19-21 July 2019, and became the largest micronational summit in history with 113 attendees from 43 micronations. The OAM was reformed by newer members of the community, later dissolving after a long history of unprofessionalism and controversies on 26 August. The first summit to be held in the Czech Republic, Podskalský Congress, took place on 23 March 2019 and had 8 attendees from 4 micronations, followed by a second summit in the Czech Republic, the Summit of Czech and Slovakian Micronations 2019, which had 4 attendees, representing 4 micronations. HRH Prince Leonard, first Prince of Hutt River passed away on 13 February, Richard Booth MBE passed away on 20 August, and Tian Abdurrahman passed away on 9 September. 2019 also saw the revival of a number of older micronations, including San Dover and Zenrax, the arrival of a larger number of newer micronations, including New Eiffel, Kohlandia and Montescano, the dissolution of a number of micronations, including Aariania and Pacem, and saw a number of controversial micronations, including Arkovia and Verdis. And on the wiki, Ned Gunderson's record of most edits was beaten by John I of Baustralia on 15 April, who was later beaten by Prince Zarel I on 7 November, who is also the first user to hit 20,000 edits.
- Scheduled release of Data Disaster, the first film made by the Republic of NZRE.
- Blue Armyan Movies will release its first Micronational Film.
- 1st-5th - Askio has hosted the 2019 Blue Legion Chess Competition alongside the Federation of Green & Blue.
- 1st -
- 7th - The first Micronational Cup America was hosted by Nogoria and Tallinlandia, being the latter one the first champion of the first edition of the tournament.
- 8th - Beginning of Damazian secessionism: Independence of Messapic Empire from Republic of Damazia
- 9th - Independence of Chelandia from Republic of Damazia
- New Eiffel adopts a new national anthem; Stand tall, New Eiffel, replacing Friendly, New Eiffel.
- Deleni City, Vlasynia's capital, changes its name to 'Divellis' and expands its borders. The North-East State and the Protectorate of Paque become monarchies, with Denis I assuming their thrones. As a result, a personal union by the name of the Divellian Union is established between the three monarchies.
- 22nd - Arkonia changed government forms to a more republican form of government.
- 23rd - Draig Tatws, a city-province of Federal Republic of New Potato Land, dissolved during The Great Province Shift of Federal Republic of New Potato Land.
- 27th -
- 29th - The Tsardom of Phokland gains independence from Domanglia (Charles I is crowned Tsar).
- 30th - Cameron I of Ikonia is impeached by the League of Micronations.
- 30th - Goldenstein declares independence from Sweden.
- 7th - The Phoklandian Anti Discrimination Act of 2019 is signed into law and takes affect within the Tsardom of Phokland.
- 13th - The Kingdom of Emosia declares independence from the Tsardom of Phokland. Former Prime Minister James Ellis is coronated King.
- 15th - The 5th election for the President of the Parliament takes place in Pinang.
- 16th - The Millania 2019; MOF Games begins.
- 22nd - Harmony South declares independence from New Ünie.
- 24th - Potato Land government collapses then merges with Federal Republic of New Potato Land.
- 26th - The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 2 opening ceremony and first match take place. Timber Wolves wins with three points over New Eiffelic Ultimates with two.
- 27th - The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 2: Timber Wolves goes through to the finals; Poisonous Potatoes wins with three points over Magic Unicorns with zero.
- 28th - The Federated States of Gapla is founded.
- 1st - The Empire of Matyár is founded.
- 1st - The Guanabara parliamentary election, 2019 election is held.
- 1st-3rd - The Kingdom of North Barchant organized a meeting of members of the Government and citizens in the city of Minsk
- 3rd - The Millania 2019; MOF Games are set to end.
- 3rd - The Principality of Wildwood is founded.
- 3rd - The Kingdom of Formicad is founded in Arkansas, United States.
- 5th - The Kingdom of Genovia is founded.
- 6th - The two first states join, forming what is now the Federated States of Gapla.
- 17th - The State of Gradonia secedes from the Imperium Americana.
- 26th - The Kingdom of Emosia officially forms the Empire of Emosia after large territorial acquisition.
- 27th - The Hosamian-Babikirian Conflict starts.
- 29th - Arkonia becomes an empire, changing its government for the first time in 4 months.
- 1st - Falcarian monarch dismisses the Commissioner for Online Activities for failure and summons the Postmaster General as interim commissioner.
- 2nd - The Republic of Kapreburg was given to Baustralia by President Aidan McGrath. This caused the 2019 Kapresh constitutional crisis.
- 3rd - The Kingdom of Falcar recognizes thirteen new cultural emblems, including trees, insects, and gemstones.
- 4th - Start of Mycusian Conflict.
- 5th - The Treaty of Charriot'sville was signed, which marks the completion of phase one of the Kapresh handover.
- 16th - The 5th election for the President of the Parliament takes place in Pinang, the current Archduke is elected President of the Parliament.
- 19th - The Empire of Lehmark declares independence from the Commonwealth of Australia
- 20th -
- 21th - End of Mycusian Conflict, but start of Cold Crisis of UMS.
- 22th - Start of Slimian Conflict
- 23rd - The Grand Duchy of Razerkaikstania denounces the Republic of Quebec.
- 24th - Handover date of the Dominion of Kapreburg to its republic government.
- 30th - Damazia, Chelandia and Pomigliano-Labrake signs the Treaty of Interestist Defence: the three countries are united into an only Emergency Interessantist Republic.
- 1st - Handover of Fox Islands to the Kingdom of Quebec.
- 4st - The Grand Duchy of Klitzibürg is founded
- 11th - MFMF assigns to People's Republic of Tawil the organization of the 2021 Micro World Cup .
- 11th - The Empire of Babikiria becomes independent from the Principality of Hosamia.
- 13th - The Skirmish of Berkeley occurs.
- 20th - The State of Samizdat Is founded in Onionland.
- 24th - The Kingdom of Winland Gets Founded by Winston
- 29th -The Rednecks Republic Gets Founded in Lovosice
- 30th - Askidogo is set to become inactive.
- 31th Repubblica democratica di Luxe became Parliamentary republic and there are the Parliamentary Elections Luxe 2019
- 1st- The Principality of Hosamia dissolves, annexed by Babikiria a few hours later.
- 2nd - Samuele Cheli, his brother Diego and the president of Tawil Lorenzo Valente claims the independence of the People's Republic of Nova Italia in Aniene.
- 3rd - The Kingdom of Formicad will be hosting its first State Dinner.
- 9th - Vlasynia establishes its official currency, the Vlasynian Leu (VLL). The first such banknote (bearing the denomination of 1 VLL) is printed and put into circulation.
- 10th - The Imperial Republic of Varconia is founded.
- 20th - Baustralia had its 2nd Baustralian general election, electing John Timpson as Prime Minister.
- 25th - The Kingdom of Formicad is planning on conducting its first military war game and Norfolk Empire is founded.
- 2nd - The Empire of Lukastan is formed.
- 3rd - The Kingdom of Efransa undergoes it’s second name change and becomes the Efrasachin Empire, following King Enzo declaring himself Emperor of the Efrasachinds.
- 6th - The Reformed Intermicronational Confederation hosts the Provisional General Elections, during which Denis I is elected interim President, Seann Torres is elected interim Vice-President, and Sam Marsden is elected interim Chief of Justice.
- 14th - The Arkonian League is dissolved and replaced by the Directed Republic of Arkonia
- 18th - Emipire of Ovrestlia, as Kingdom of Grecia founded.
- 19th–21st - MicroCon 2019 took place.
- 20th - The Kingdom of North-East Bucharest and the Grand Principality of Paque merge, forming the Vlasynian Protectorate in Bucharest (V.P.B). The Divellian Union is replaced by the Union of Vlasynian States (U.V.S), which is not a separate micronation, but rather a free association of micronations which share interests with Vlasynia.
- 22nd - The First General Elections of the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation take place, during which Seann Torres is elected President, Sam Marsden is elected Vice-President and William Atkins is elected Chief of Justice.
- 24th - The Kingdom of Romania in Sarandë declares its independence from Albania. Denis I becomes King (albeit in exile), thus creating a personal union between Vlasynia and the K.R.I.S. It joins the U.V.S on the same day.
- 31st - Andrew I creates the Imperial Provisional Government of Austrovia.
- 1st - William Wilson becomes king of Gradonia.
- 9th - The Efrasachin Empire undergoes third and most recent name change, now becoming the Iblusigonian Empire.
- 11th - Zenrax celebrates 20 years of history, and is scheduled to inaugurate its first elected Prime Minister since 2003.
- 18th - King Matthew of Matthewopia has a formal lunch with the Emperor of Lehmark in Adelaide.
- 21st - Vlasynia changes its national anthem from "Long live the Nation" to "Our Nation".
- 23rd - The Vercian Republic in Bucharest, Romania, joins the U.V.S.
- 26th - A treaty of friendship between Varconia and Obscurium was signed.
- 30th - The Kingdom of Kohlandia is founded.
- 1st - Tollóuse officially launches Aenopia High-Speed, a high speed route which operates in the City of New Llandudno, on behalf of Empire of Aenopia.
- 1st - Catherine I founds the Privy Parliament to draft the Kohlandian Constitution and institute the nation's first laws.
- 6th -
- The first session of the Konlichstag is held in Gradonia
- The Throne Suffarage didn't completed.
- 9th - The Grand Duchy of Navārdia is founded.
- 13th - The NADU is officially founded
- 15th - The Reich Protectorate of Bolson becomes the Tsardom and Reich Protectorate of Bolson.
- 16th - Vlasynia overcompensates the lands lost after the Realistic Reforms by annexing an unprecedented amount of land and more than quadrupling in land area as a result. The population, however, remained the same. The New Divellis (currently Novo Divellis) Occupation Zone is established and is expected to become Vlasynia's new capital by 2022.
- 21st - The second Timpson ministry was ousted after the 2019 vote of no confidence in the Timpson ministry passed 7 to 6.
- John Timpson resigns as Prime Minister
- Aidan McGrath is sworn in as 2nd Prime Minister of Baustralia.
- 28th - Mai Fuchigami wins the first edition of the Hinata Island Music Festival.
- 30th - The Free Nation of New Athens declares independence.
- 1st - Austrovia is scheduled to have its 1st House of Representatives and Council of State Election.
- 2nd - Empire of Ovrestlia declared independent.
- The first parliamentary session of The Free Nation of New Athens takes place and the citizens ratify their constitution.
- Aidan McGrath resigns as Prime Minister, warrant officer, and renounces all titles and citizenship.
- Emily Day refuses the post of Prime Minister
- John Timpson is sworn in as Prime Minister again.
- 8th - The Federation of Orientia is formed.
- 13th - Vasiliki I resinged from the Throne, because she was diagnosed with dementia.
- 20th - The Parliament of Pinang approved the new constutution presented by the former prime minister.
- 21st - Pinang becames a Presidential Republic.
- 6th - The Grand Republic of Cycoldia celebrates Independence Day.
- 23rd - Jayden Lycon puts a photo of Leon Montan at Ellesmere station.
- 24th - Belcity celebrates the birthday of the president
- 1st - Navārdian and New Athenian leaders found the Atlanta Regional Union, an EU inspired organization in the metro Atlanta area.
- 3rd - The Kingdom of Arkonia is founded, ending the Arkonian Interregnum.
- 4th - The Reformed Intermicronational Confederation hosts its Second General Elections, during which Denis I is elected President, Seann Torres is elected Vice-President, and William Atkins is elected Chief of Justice.
- 9th - The City State of Vessina joins the Union of Vlasynian States.
- 16th - Austrovia is scheduled to have its 6th Federal Election.
- 23th - Urielandia´s brand new "Urielandish calendar" enters into force, replacing the old Gregorian Calendar which has determined the time for 9 years.
- The Ohio Republic will have midterm elections to decide who controls congress for the next 2 years.
- The first issue of the DIME Magazine is published, naming Adam I, Emperor of Adammia has the Micronationalist of the Year.
- The President of Belcity was from 25th December to 2nd January 2020 in Giusycity
- 3rd - Runa-Lisandra Bartolucci, former President of the Union of Artaghe (June 2012 – July 2012), member and companion of the Royal House of Sabia and Verona (b. 2006)
- 9th - Tian Abdurrahman, Chief of Arkapore and former President of Indokistan (b. 1994)
- 23rd - William, great grandfather of Casper von Navārdia, now prince eternal of Todge
List of micronations
- Augustus, Jonathan (29 June 2019). "GUM Summit held at Birmingham". Austenasian Times. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- Z. Smith & J. Lycon (26 December 2019) DIME Magazine Issue #1
- History of the MicroWiki Community. MicroWiki. https://micronations.wiki/wiki/History_of_the_MicroWiki_Community. Retrieved 5 Marc 2020.
- Organisation of Active Micronations. Archived from the original on 15 November 2019. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- Lytexit? Lyteran Politicians Suggest Leaving the OAM. The Royal Lyteran News. Published 9 July 2019. Retrieved 22 December 2019. Archived from the original on 22 December 2019.
- "Podskalský kongres - tisková zpráva". Free and Independent Association of Venedia. 14 April 2019. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- Francesca Mann (13 February 2019). "Hutt River micro-nation founder Prince Leonard dead aged 93". PerthNow. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Natasha Harradine (13 February 2019). "Prince Leonard, who founded Hutt River Province after stoush with WA government, dies aged 93". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- Owen, Twm. "The King of Hay, Richard Booth has died aged 80". Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- "Chairman of Arkapore passes away". SJNC. 9 September 2019. Archived from the original on 22 December 2019. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- Government website of New Eiffel.
- Kohlandia Official Website, About page (accessed 17 September 2019). Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- Montescano's official website
- Council of seven votes 7-0 authorizing president to dissolve the Aarianian Union. aarianianunion.weebly.com. 28 August 2019. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- Dissolution of Pacem. Quo Times. 29 July 2019. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- Montan, Leon. "Arkovian Confidential Documents Leaked". OAM News Network.
- Tbain Bridge. "Arkovia Documents Follow Up". hrafnarfjall.org.
- KingdomOfBaustralia. Contributions. MicroWiki. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- Z. Luna Skye. Contributions. MicroWiki. Retrieved 22 December 2019.