|This article is a stub. You can help MicroWiki by expanding it.|
The 2020s (pronounced "twenty-twenties", shortened to "the '20s") is the current decade on the Gregorian calendar which began on 1 January 2020 and will end on 31 December 2029. It succeeded the 2010s, and precedes the 2030s. The start marked the fifteenth year since MicroWiki's initial foundation, and by 2029 MicroWiki will be twenty-four years old.
The decade has been primarily shaped by the year 2020, which saw the shutdown of MicroWiki@Discord as being the main hub of micronational activity on social media platform Discord, instead becoming a simple webportal and news aggregator. Many alternative servers were set-up, such as the Micropolitan Club and Lounge which moved to the server Micropolitan@Discord, though most were largely unsuccessful, and countless micronationalists instead moved to private groupchats.
The decade began amidst the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, which caused huge disruption, and saw delays and cancellations of various social, religious and political events, such as anniversaries, summits, elections and sporting events; bringing in a huge response from the intermicronational community, it led to a number of retired micronationalists returning to the hobby contributing to a massive surge in activity, and encouraged a number of online events, namely the GUM's fourth 24 Hour Quorum which raised £266 for the British Red Cross.
- History of the MicroWiki Community
- Blackwood, Ives (18 November 2020) MicroWiki@Discord shutdown continues despite user resistance. Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (9 October 2020) Adam, Emperor of Adammia, resigns as a MicroWiki@Discord administrator. Ponderosan News Agency.
- COVID-19 Micronation Tracking Sheet
- Clémens, Henry (24 March 2020) Returns, revivals, and activity headline a hectic Spring 2020 in MicroWiki. messenger.com.
- Smith, Zarel (16 Mar 2020). "Quorum, 14th March 2020". GUM News. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Grand Unified Micronational; helping fight COVID" on GoFundMe.
- Alexander (7 May 2020) 24 Hour Quorum – Order of Alexander to be awarded to all those who donated. The Royal Lyteran News.
- Smith, Zarel (14 November 2020) Sertor Valentinus named Dime's Micronationalist of the Month for October. Orblian Observer. Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- Indokistan (12 July 2020) AIM General Assembly Special Session Celebrates AIM 9th Anniversary. Jaringan Berita News Network.