Warning! This article or section contains profanity or other material which may be considered offensive.
This article contains information or refers to a micronation or element of micronationalism that is largely non-serious or comical in nature.
|Part of 2020 Almendrian Crisis|
Ponderosan soldier, likely Leon Montan, during the war
|Commanders and leaders|
Tizian Aruna |
Various minor Cyberforce commanders
Almendrian Armed Forces|
Almendrian Special Operations and Sabotage Unit
Armed Forces of TOES|
Almendrian Liberation Front
Anti-Almendrian Action Pact
Plam Division A1
New Guerin Order
The Knights Templar
The TOES-Almendria War, known as Operation Foot Trituration by the Almendrian government, was a military conflict between Almendria and states associated with TOES, along with the organization itself. The conflict began on 30 June 2020 following a declaration of war by a TOES-led coalition. The war would last 2 weeks and 1 day, resulting in an anti-Almendrian victory and the beginning of the Almendrian Civil War.
On 30 June, members of TOES joined the Almendrian Discord server, after Tizian stating that TOES was a YAMO and that they were planning an attack. Assuming that TOES was raiding, the Almendrian government responded by banning all members. Hours after being banned, TOES issued a declaration, demanding, amongst other things, the unbanning of all members involved.
Operation Foot Trituration
After the motion was passed, Tizian released a statement, saying, "We have a micronation, and you all have a micropenis." In addition, word spread that Almendria was trying to uncover TOES's "secret Discord server" despite no such server existing. At the same time, Almendria declared war on TOES, saying in a Reddit post that "TOES forced us [the Almendrian government] to do this". This resulted in the formation of the Armed Forces of TOES, consisting of all TOES members as reserve forces.
Once TOES got ahold of the Reddit post, multiple micronations, including Ponderosa Hills and Ausveria, declared war on Almendria, and later on raided the Almendrian server, with Iggy I of Centralia being muted in the process. James Bornstein, the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Communist Union of Almendria, then admitted to his disloyalty of Almendria, and joined the revolution against them. He promptly tagged @everyone via Discord across many of their ARs and Almendria itself, and used admin powers in some Almendria puppets and ARs to effectively destroy their Discord servers. During the raids on the ARs, Ambestan was proclaimed as independent after a short occupation induced by Iggy and Bornstein. Later on, all ARs were released by the Almendrian government, although they later joined back.
Due to a political crisis in Almendria involving the cancelling of an election and a referendum, the Autonomous Republic of Ozikistan declared war on Almendria, resulting with the Empire of Monmark condemning the Almendrian government. On 2 July, the Kingdom of Centralia made a peace deal with Almendria and temporarily withdrew from the war. Later that day, Almendrian forces raided the Ponderosan Discord server.
On 4 July, Iggy unearthed phone numbers belonging to the leaders of Ambestan and Almendria. He found the Almendrian number via an announcement and he found the Ambestani number through an invite to a WhatsApp group. Iggy has not shared these numbers with a few people and has told them to never publicise them. He was soon banned from the Almendrian server because of this.
Almendiran Cyberforces raided Desert District’s Discord server on 5 July and posted an IP scraping link of a meme video on YouTube. Images show Tizian, the leader of Almendria, planning the plot. These images were leaked privately to Jamez of Desert District, where he saved images and message IDs, deleted the messages and reported all involved individuals to Discord support.
Attempted peace negotiations
On 5 July, peace negotiations between Almendria and members of the TOES coalition began. Within 2 hours, a treaty was proposed that had the following terms:
- Abolishment of Almendria's controversial AR (Autonomous Republic) system
- Clear defining of a court system
- Unbanning of all TOES members and acquaintances
- Absolute cease of all malicious IP and email tracking
Almost immediately, Tizian said no to the treaty, demanding “white peace”. Following this event, the Almendrian delegation with support of the TOES coalition formed a secessionist state known as New Almendria.
Shortly after the founding of New Almendria and the formation of the provisional government, the Tizian-led Almendrian faction launched an attack that completely devastated New Almendria's online instructure. Audit logs and testimony showed that Premier Addison Dillon of New Almendria had given administrative powers to Tizian, allowing for the servers destruction. Addison contested that it was a sibling performing the action on an open laptop whilst in the bathroom. The People of New Almendria charged the Premier with one count of direct Disturbance of Peace and one count of indirect Disturbance of Peace.
Following the Addison Dillon vs New Almendria trial, the jury found the Premier guilty of indirect Disturbance of Peace and not guilty of direct Disturbance of Peace with the Grand Inquisitor sentencing him to immediate removal from office, sending shocks throughout the nation.
The successful Almendrian attack resulted in a large morale and propaganda boost for the Communist Union, and the Federation was dissolved days after. New Ambestan, the only ally of the Federation, was also nuked and deleted, then split into 2 smaller states.
Occupation and deletion
On 8 June, New Almendrian forces took over the server, banning Tizian and other Almendrian officials, afterwhich Almendria was renamed the Province of Almendria. After ownership of the server switched hands numerous times, the Knights Templar began the occupation of Almendria, disestablishing the Province of Almendria in the process.
On 12 July, Tizian began making threats to regain ownership of Almendria and also attempted to re-direct loyalists to another server; however, the threats did little to regain ownership.
On 15 July, the Almendrian server was deleted as Tizian and Dominic spammed the Anti-Tizian Party's server. Peace was negotiated between Sertor, Iggy and Tizian. A day later, Tizian nuked New Ambestan with remaining AAF Cyberforces units.
On the 17th of June, Tizian contacted a user known as tufcat13 on Discord, attempting to bring him into the community of Almendria. As stated by tufcat13, when Tizian had contacted him, he was confused which led him to joining Almendria. tufcat13 was recruited and made the General of the Almendrian Army almost immediately, conforming and leading by Tizian's command.
Overtime, Tizian had tufcat13 work as a spy to infiltrate other servers. Through this, they tried gaining information that would be useful, although it proved a failure, and gave no advantage. According to tufcat13 in his resignation statement, Tizian also allegedly hid the fact that they were at war with other nations, stating, "I would also like to say that most of the time, I didn't even know what was happening. Tizian didn't inform me much about things that were going on. Like literally, I didn't even know about the war that was happening until about 6 or so days ago."
As a result of the TOES-Almendria War, 4 people - Plamen Iliev, Iggy of Centralia, Addison Dillon and "Liam" - were tried by the Almendrian Supreme Court in August 2020. Of these people, one would be found not guilty, while the other three would be found guilty and given sentences ranging from 10 days in prison to being "executed" by being banned from Almendria's Discord server.
In April 2021, 9 months after the war, the National Union of Almendria was established by Kazzi following the "end" of the Almendrian Civil War; within a few days, citizens of the Federal Union of Wegmat allegedly nuked its server. Regarding the nuking, Kazzi stated:
The attack operated by TOES is a shocking reminder of their imperialism and aggression towards Almendria. If they attack again things could very well escalate farther however that is not what I want to happen. We have been reconstructing and we’re already up half of what we were yesterday so that silly attack was useless and only sparked tensions.
In November 2021, Tizian would return to the micronational community and, once more, raid several Discord servers, resulting in war being declared on Almendria on 15 November.
- Aenopia - Despite being the 5th member and supporting TOES, Aenopia has declared their neutrality during this 'conflict' due to its stance on foreign conflicts.
I go to bed and you guys start a goddamn war I swear to god y’all need babysitters to make sure you don't start a terrorist organisation.— Simon Reeve in the TOES group chat
- State of Malinovia - Malinovia has declared public neutrality since the very start of the conflict. Addison I stated that it was their membership to the UAMW, and stance against micronational wars in general, that warranted neutrality. Addison has, however, also stated that she morally supports Almendria.
- Wegmat - The Prime Minister of Wegmat made an official statement, saying that Wegmat is only associated with TOES because it’s prime minister is in the club, and as such does not want be associated with a war.
- Desert District - Lee Bastino, First Secretary of Desert District announced on the 1st of July via Discord in an official statement simply that Desert District would be “...joining TOES in the TOES-Almendria war,” and on the 4th of July possible Almendrian workers raided the Desert District Discord server, however all were banned nearly instantaneously. On the 5th of July, Almendria cyber forces posted an IP scraping link for unknown purposes in Desert District. Leaked messages indicate it was for extremely malicious intent according to Desert District’s First Secretary’s Office.
- Key West-Ziberland- The Emperor and the President stated that Almendria should stop interfering TOES and it's members, they also stated that Almendria should not be a Communist regime.
- ANTI ALMENDRIAN ACTION PACT
- Official Declaration on the Almendrian Conflict, Tough Organisation of Elite Stuff.
- Aruna, Tizian (30 June 2020). "TOES is taking strong military action agaisnt almendria, and our response!". Reddit. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- Constantine, Alexander (2 July 2022). "Monmarkian Condemnation of Almendria". Reddit. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- Addison Dillon vs. New Almendria, Court of New Almendria.
- "My Situation with Almendria". reddit.com. 12 July 2020. Retrieved 12 March 2022.
- "Almendrian Court Records". Retrieved 12 March 2022.
- "Almendria Restored". reddit.com. 7 April 2021. Retrieved 13 November 2021.
- "Wegmat Nukes Almendria". reddit.com. Retrieved 13 November 2021.
- "The suffering of Almendrians will no longer be endured. ." reddit.com. 10 April 2021. Retrieved 13 November 2021.