Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|Intermicronational Development Organization|
|Logo||Coat of Arms|
|Based In / Headquarters||Point Cupertino, Aenderia|
|Chair of the Board||Jayden Lycon|
|– Operation North Macedonia started||10 March 2019|
|– Establishment||1 April 2019|
|– Dissolution||1 June 2019|
|– Revival||28 January 2020|
The Cupertino Alliance (informally known as the Cupertino Unified Micronational or CUM,  also formerly known as the Epic Union) is an intermicronational organization founded on 10 March 2019. Headquartered at Point Cupertino, Aenderia, it was created out of Aenderia's distaste for the Grand Unified Micronational and their accusations that the GUM had become an exclusive and overrated organization. As of 25 February 2020, the Cupertino Alliance has 6 member states, those being: Aenderia, Misberia, Millania, Ponderosa Hills, Aenopia, and Orientia.
- 1 History
- 2 Mission
- 3 Structure
- 4 Members
- 5 References
Independent Economical Union
The Independent Economical Union (IEU) was founded on 20 October 2018 by Piotr Harniakiewicz "to protect the freedom of economy." Furthermore, it also granted benefits to member nations, including free travel without a visa (Now the ÉtatsToronto program).  The first members were Nerdystan, Matachewan and Aenderia.
The IEU is the unofficial predecessor of the Cupertino Alliance. It upheld many of the ideas and people that are in the Alliance today. The IEU played a major part in the Robertson Sea Conflict, but in January 2019, the activity significantly declined. 22 days later, a majority of the members departed the IEU, including Aenderia.  It was revived for a short period on 4 March 2019 by Brandon Mierzwa,  but ended-up falling back into inactivity about a week later.
An April Fools Joke
During the decline of the IEU, the Cupertino Alliance was founded on 10 March 2019 by Jayden Lycon as part of a planned 'joke' on the Grand Unified Micronational (GUM), as Jayden had believed that the GUM had become a micronational organization that was exclusive and very harsh on the selection process for new members, which he believed would cause the GUM's eventual downfall. 
Jayden proceeded to tell the Aenderian people that Aenderia had been the first-ever micronation to join the EU (Epic Union, the organization's first name), replacing the United Kingdom's seat to the "EU", which was set to leave on 29 March 2019.  This confused many Aenderian citizens, considering during that time Aenderia was still largely a small micronation. William Efton later explained that this was to 'poke fun' at large organizations, have a brand reputation and don't do much work, although both Jayden and Efton were both proponents of the European Union at the time, which was the organization that a majority, if not all Aenderian citizens thought to be in the announcement.
"Accidental" Creation of the Alliance
This EU prank (dubbed "Operation North Macedonia") then became a full-fledged idea of a brand new intermicronational organization. On 1 April 2019, the alliance was founded, with the starting members of the first phase of the alliance being:
The alliance would later include other nations, most notably the Somcowian Federation to the alliance.
During the first phase, the alliance developed multiple agreements, including a Schengen-type visa-free travel agreement,  a unified banknote  and a defence treaty.  Furthermore, the alliance also resolved treaties between nation-states, including a conflict between Auvenum and Bepistan regarding the partition of White Island  and an extensive research study regarding a proposed bill in Groponigën regarding the Christchurch mosque shootings. 
Months later, and activity in the alliance plummeted due to more important work in other nations. Eventually, there were talks to the Misberian delegate about Lycon having the desire to close the alliance. A few days later, the Jayden proposed a dissolution bill for the Cupertino Alliance and was passed. The dissolution voided all Cupertino Alliance projects and agreements, and remains of the Cupertino Krone were void. On 1 June 2019, the act was in effect, and the alliance was closed.  Though, on 7 July 2019, Tony Sweigart attempted to revive the alliance.  A vote motioning the recreation was passed but was not implemented as no other micronation had joined the revived alliance.
With the anti-GUM sentiment in Aenderia stronger than ever, talks to reopen the Cupertino Alliance were presented to the House of Commons of Aenderia. The plan was to reopen the alliance by 28 January 2020, with the first meeting commencing on 1 February 2020 . The act passed, and Efton invited Ponderosa Hills, Millania, and Misberia to the reopened alliance. The following weeks saw the passing of many agreements, including the Windhoek Agreement  and the admission of Aenopia and Orientia on 24 February 2020.  Also, the Alliance also started the development of Cupertino Guides, revived the Informative Template Project, and started the development of a new site.  However, on 15 February 2020, William Efton stepped down as Chair to pursue other projects in micronationalism but continued to stay in the Cupertino Alliance as a delegate for Aenderia. Efton chose Jayden Lycon as the deputy chair until elections can be held. 
The duties of the Cupertino Alliance are the increase of activity, peace, and cooperation between member states, whilst allowing citizens basic rights, including freedom and the right to justice.  The alliance achieves this in multiple ways:
- Through agreements
- Through active development planning
- Through peacekeeping
Agreements make up a core part of the Cupertino Alliance. Nations can choose if they want to ratify a treaty. These agreements have included:
- Toronto Agreement - This agreement started the ÉtatsToronto program, which allowed free travel between nations who ratified them.
- Vancouver Agreement - This agreement shared diplomatic status between member nations, therefore increasing diplomatic relations with all member states. (e.g. If nation A starts relations with nation B, and nation B and nation C is apart of the Cupertino Alliance and ratified the Vancouver Agreement, nation A will have relations with both nation B and C.)
- Stockholm Agreement - This agreement vows that members of the alliance will not declare war on each other and will, at any attempt, use it as a last-ditch effort.
- Windhoek Agreement - This agreement sets up a unified citizen database.
Past agreements passed in Phase 1 of the alliance but were not included in Phase 2 of the alliance included:
- Raleigh Agreement - This agreement started the Cupertino Krone, an inter-micronational shared currency.
The Alliance also develops plans to improve the development of a member nation, that being through achieving good article status, increasing a micronation's score in Freayth's System of Classification, etc.
My current role in the CA will be to go around member nations and boost their development based on guidance and assistance, mirroring the leadership style of Jayden and I [William Efton] in our successful venture to modernize Aenderia out of its past history.
— William Efton, 2020
Plans have included:
- Bristol Plan - This plan proclaims that all 4 founding member nation's pages shall become good articles, to create a good article page about a new member, and to set up a magazine about other member nations by 1 June 2020.
Furthermore, the Alliance has also developed many projects to serve the same purpose.
Projects have included:
- InformativeTemplateProject - A project to explain the use of templates in MicroWiki.
- Cupertino Guides - A project to help new micronationalists how to make a stable and democratic nation.
The Alliance favours pacifism, as this was seen in the Stockholm Agreement. The Alliance provides peacekeeping services, however, they have not been engaged after the White Island incident between Auvenum and Bepistan regarding land claims.
|Parliament of the Cupertino Alliance|
|Chair of the Board||Jayden Lycon|
|Cupertino Alliance Discord|
The Cupertino Alliance is comprised of two parts, those being
- Cupertino Parliament: The legislative body
- Chair of the Board: A person that supervises Cupertino Parliament sessions and represents the Alliance inter-micronationally
The Cupertino Parliament is the legislative and law-making branch of the Alliance. It handles the creation of agreements, admission of members and others within the Cupertino Alliance. It is made up of delegates appointed by member nations. Parliament serves as a channel for discussion between member nations and the alliance. As of 27 February 2020, Parliament meets every week on Saturday, 3 pm Eastern Standard Time. 
- Vote on legislation
- Propose legislation
- Represent the member nation in Cupertino Alliance sessions
- Represent the Cupertino Alliance in the member nation
A member nation can appoint an unlimited number of delegates, with each delegate getting one vote. Furthermore, a delegate can be relieved of their duties at any time at request by their head of state, head of government, government, or 70% of the vote from the Cupertino Parliament or when the member nation he/she represents leaves the Cupertino Alliance. 
Chair of the Board
The Chair of the Board acts as the head of state and government of the Cupertino Alliance. The Chair also supervises Cupertino Alliance sessions and represents the Cupertino Alliance in official diplomatic events. The Chair is expected to be politically independent to prevent bias.
The Chair is elected through an election by the delegates every 6 months. A nominee who is interested in the job requires to be a delegate of the Cupertino Alliance during the elections. A person who receives the most votes will become the Chair. The Chair can also be impeached with 70% or more majority in the Cupertino Parliament. 
List of Chairs
|Name||Nation||Start of Term||End of Term||Notes|
|As Indepedent Economical Union|
|Piotr Harniakiewicz||Nerdystan||20 October 2018||22 January 2019|
|Brandon Mierzwa||Matachewan||4 March 2019||13 March 2019||Unofficial|
|As Cupertino Alliance|
|Jayden Lycon||Aenderia||10 March 2019||1 June 2019|
|William Efton||Aenderia||28 January 2020||15 February 2020|
|Jayden Lycon||Aenderia||15 February 2020||Present||Deputy|
System for Applying
During the first phase of the Cupertino Alliance, members were able to apply for membership based on a ‘first come, first serve” system- meaning that a maximum of 2 micronations may join each month, and up to 5 micronations may apply for membership monthly. This was changed during the restart of the alliance. Members will need to apply to the alliance, then representatives from the alliance will take a look at the applying micronation and will write a report on their remarks. The report will then be shown to the members of the Cupertino Alliance and the members will vote to admit the nation to the alliance. 
The new system was developed since it ensures that the alliance gets the best members; instead of looking at the nation at face-value, the Alliance will deeply research if a said nation should be admitted.  Some examples of reports created by the division include the ones used for admission of both Aenopia and Orientia.
The requirements for admission include
- Ratify the Cupertino Alliance Mission Statement through legislation or other means
- Be in stable condition
- Must have been established for more than 6 months (Or have the features that a micronation aged 6 months or older will have)
- Must have a Discord server
- Must not have claim disputes with other member nations
- Must not be in war with any other nation
List of Members
Bold incicates chair.
|Fifth Aenderian Republic||28 January 2020|
|United Kingdoms of Misberia and Caloudonum||Archie Birch|
|People's Republic of Ponderosa Hills||Leon Montan|
|Imperial Empire of Millania and New Granada||Nicolás Millán|
|Empire of Aenopia||24 February 2020||Logan Ross|
|Federation of Orientia||Pun Watta|
- Division of Membership Attainment (21 February 2020) Orientia Remarks "...as Pun Watta wanted to join for the informal name of the alliance, also known as the “CUM”."
- Harniakiewicz, Piotr and Lycon, Jayden (20 October 2018) First messages of the IEU
- Oakforrest, Milaw (22 January 2018) Aenderia pulls out of the IEU
- Mierzwa, Brandon (13 March 2019) Brandon revives the IEU
- Efton, William (11 March 2019) Announcement of Operation North Macedonia
- Walker, Nigel (6 February 2019) Brexit timeline: events leading to the UK’s exit from the European Union
- Lycon, Jayden (20 March 2019) TORONTO AGREEMENT ON FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT WITHIN CA MEMBER STATES,2019
- Lycon, Jayden (20 March 2019) RALEIGH AGREEMENT ON CURRENCY WITHIN CA MEMBER STATES, 2019
- Lycon, Jayden (20 March 2019) STOCKHOLM AGREEMENT ON DEFENCE WITHIN CA MEMBER STATES, 2019
- Gilzem, Russell (18 May 2019) Auvenese Post: New Area Expansions & Compromise with Bepistan Cached
- Lycon, Jayden (March 2019) NEW ZEALAND INCIDENT AND RUMORED DISCORD PUNISHMENTS
- Lycon, Jayden (29 May 2019) ACT TO DISSOLVE THE CUPERTINO ALLIANCE
- Sweigart, Tony Von (7 July 2019) Tony Von Sweigart attempts to revive the Cupertino Alliance
- Efton, William (17 January 2020) Day 365 Act
- Lycon, Jayden (15 February 2020) Cupertino Gazette Issue 3
- Lycon, Jayden (24 February 2020) Cupertino Gazette Issue 4
- Government of the Aenderese Republic (19 February 2020) Introducing cupertinoalliance.ca
- Lycon, Jayden (1 February 2020) Mission of the Cupertino Alliance
- Lycon, Jayden (1 February 2020) Cupertino Gazette Issue 1
- Lycon, Jayden (8 February 2020) Duties of a Delegate
- Lycon, Jayden (8 February 2020) Duties of the Chair of the Board
- Lycon, Jayden (1 February 2020) Procedures for Membership Attainment to the Cupertino Alliance
- Lycon, Jayden (1 February 2020) Cupertino Gazette, Issue 1 ([3:06] Jayden Lycon: It's a bit harder and more effort than just voting but it ensures we get the best nations)