Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
European Micronational Culture Organisation
|European Micronational Culture Organisation|
|Headquarters||Lounge of the EMCO (Skype)|
|Presidency||Saint Luke and Amager|
|– Foundation||14 March 2009|
|– Revival||5 September 2012|
The European Micronational Culture Organisation (EMCO) is an intermicronational organisation, created by the Cheslovian Federation on 14 March 2009 and revived by multiple micronations on 5 September 2012, to document aspects of European micronational culture. European culture is very influential around the world, many nations and micronations outside Europe shape their nation around European heritage.
EMCO currently documents a list of European micronations, and certain aspects of their culture that stand out from other cultures of Europe.
The concept of creating an organisation or national institution for documenting European micronational culture has been in existence in Cheslovia for a long time, the first idea for such an organisation came about in mid 2008, when it was proposed that Cheslovia create a special part of the Cheslovian archives that documents European micronational cultures only, the idea was dismissed by the government. The same idea came back at the end of 2008 and stayed until the creation of EMCO, having undergone various changes to its concept. It was proposed that instead of being a national institution, it should be an international organisation. European micronations do not need to be a member to add to the EMCO archives, however, membership is needed to hold meeting concerning cultural events, dealings with similar organisations and member discussions on how the organisation can improve.
After years of inactivity, the organisation was brought back to life by 7 nations, on 5 September 2012.
The EMCO is a cultural organisation, and thus it is mainly informal in administrative things. The only kind of leadership is the Presidency of the EMCO, which is held rotatively by each member nation.
The powers of the Presidency are limited, and are only related to administrative things. The Presidency has the duty to keep and promote the activity of the EMCO, to propose and promote new cultural partnerships and to accept new members in the organisation.
The Presidency of the EMCO is held by every member nation rotatively, for a term of one month. The order of the Presidency is decided by its members. Two nations can hold the Presidency jointly, if they wish so.
|October 2012||Francisville& Landashir|
Membership in the European Micronational Culture Organisation is open to any European micronation willing to cooperate in the cultural area with other micronations from the same continent. For a nation to get membership, it must contact the country that holds the presidency at the time the nation wishes to get the membership.
Normal members have access to the Lounge of the EMCO on Skype, and can participate in the cultural projects of the EMCO.
- Federated Republics of Eragia
- Federal Republic of Francisville
- Kingdom of Juclandia
- Community of Landashir
- Lewisham Democratic Republic
- Free State of Renasia
- Federal Republic of Rukora
- Democratic Environmental Society of Senya
- Confederation of Saint Luke and Amager
- Principality of Lomellina
These nations have expressed interest in joining but have yet to take a decision. These nations have access to the EMCO Lounge.
- United Kingdom of New Wessex
- Federal Republic of St.Charlie (also Special member)
- Grand Duchy of Flandrensis
Special members are members of the pre-dormition EMCO who couldn't be contacted at the time the organisation was revived or no decision was taken at the time. If these members contact the presidency, they automatically get their membership back.
|Flag||Coat of Arms||Nation||Capital||National Motto||National Anthem||Time zone|
|Federal Republic of Francisville||None||To be confirmed||To be confirmed||GMT|
|Kingdom of Juclandia||Jucărești||Nihil sine Deo||Trei Culori||EET (EEST)|
|Community of Landashir||Sycamore Booker||Duerch d' Arbéicht en duerch de Énhéet, sollt Mir floréien||"La Storia" (De Haan)||GMT|
|Lewisham Democratic Republic||Lee Green||Truth will Prevail||The Internationale||GMT|
|Kingdom of Lolland||Clover||What's left of the Flag||GMT|
|Confederation of Saint Luke and Amager||Amasburg City||With Unity, Freedom and Democracy, All Hail to Thee Amager!||Hail Amager, Hail||Varies|
|Democratic Environmental Society of Senya||Cat's Corner||For Senya|| O Senya
|Principality of Lomellina||Castello di Valle||In ragione del diritto di sangue||To be established||GMT|
- Francillian: Ech bin net sicker. Empféiels du oucht? - I'm not sure. Do you recommend anything?
- Ripuarian: Wejß_e wat? M'r bliewe noch jet hee - de nächste Strôßebaan kütt eez môrje fröh. - You know what? We'll stay here for a while - the next tram won't come until tomorrow morning.
- German: Achtung! Es scheint, Sie haben einen Steppenwaldbaumschliefer in Ihrer Kordlatzhosentasche. - Careful! It seems you have a southern tree hyrax in the pocket of your corduroy dungarees.
- Kingdom of Juclandia – Romanian
- Francillish: Waar has dech den Hond gekéeft? - Why did you buy this dog?
- Lewisham Democratic Republic – English and German
- Confederation of Saint Luke and Amager – English, Haevian Francillish, Francillish, French, German, Italian and Esperanto
- Democratic Environmental Society of Senya – English, German and Senyanese (Korean and French are recognised regional languages in some Senyan Commonwealth territories)
- Principality of Lomellina : Italian and Portuguese
|Flag||Nation||Currency||Denomination 1||Denomination 2||Denomination 3||Denomination 4||Denomination 5|
|Kingdom of Juclandia||Juclandian Leu||80px|
|Lewisham Democratic Republic||Nemkhav Mark|
- Church: Orthodox Church of Juclandia
- Church: there is no church for this religion
- Royal Guard of the Palace
- Ground Forces (Landstreitkräfte)
- Border Troops of the LDR (Grenztruppen der LDR)
- Army (Esercito St.Charliano)
- Navy (Marina St.Charliana)
- Border Security (Forze di Confine)
- Land Defence Force
- National Gendamarie
- Federal Council: Awaiting election (September 2012 - present)
- Federal President: Awaiting election (September 2012 - present)
- President of the Republic: Comrade Whitmarsh (November 2011 - present)
- Vice-President of the Republic: Comrade Parsons (November 2011 - present)
- Chairman of the Volkskammer: Matt Colls (September 2011 - present)
- General Secretary: Comrade Cahill (November 2011 - present)
- Prime Minister: Luke Albertschine
- President of the Parliamentary Presidium: Awaiting election
- Speaker of the Federal Assembly: Luke Albertschine
- Teleradio Juclandia – the state broadcaster of Juclandia. It operates both JTV (the television) and Radio Juclandia, which air on Juclandian territory.
- Newspapers: Scânteia; Adevărul; Timpul; Universul; Juclandia Literară; Munca
- Newspapers: Amatine Voices; Richmond Times
- Radio: Amatine 1 to 4