Superior Judge of the Cupertino Alliance
|Superior Judge of the Cupertino Alliance
|Residence||Kingsland, Kingdom of Northwood-Oregon|
|Inaugural holder||Zarel Smith|
|Formation||17 March 2020|
The Superior Judge oversees the Superior Court of the Cupertino Alliance.
The position was established in March 2020 through the Syracuse Declaration.
The Syracuse Declaration was first proposed on 14 March by Jayden Lycon during the 69 Hour Session, and passed on 17 March, establishing the role of Superior Judge. New Eiffelic delegate Zarel Smith was appointed the role eight days later.
The powers of the Superior Judge were greatly expanded shortly after by the Parliamentary Practice Act. This was further amended and expanded by the passage of the Charter of the Cupertino Alliance in June.
In the latter half of the year, the Superior Judge was granted the power to approve executive rejections of applicants on the basis of homeland security with the approval of the Chair of the Board, Lieutenant Chair and the Minister of Membership Attainment. A later mandate granted the judge a seat on the Investigative and Domestic Enforcement Command. The process for removing the Superior Judge was also simplified.
List of Superior Judges
|Chairman||Term of office|
Principality of New Eiffel[a]
|Jayden Lycon||25 March 2020||12 December 2020|
|Appointed in late March after consideration from the Chair of the Board.
|Jayden Lycon||12 December 2020||16 January 2020|
|Appointed as Acting Superior Judge after Smith took a leave of absence.|
People's Republic of Tesforia
|Logan Ross||20 January 2021||24 February 2021|
|Appointed as Acting Superior Judge following the resignation of Bornstein in the wake of a vote of no confidence.
People's Republic of Tesforia
|Logan Ross||24 February 2021||16 August 2021|
|Appointed as Superior Judge in the Ross-Xia cabinet for the 3rd Ministry.
Kingdom of Northwood-Oregon
|Dhrubajyoti Roy||16 August 2021||Present|
|Appointed as Superior Judge in the Roy-Mullins cabinet for the 4th Ministry.
- Following the expulsion of New Eiffel from the Alliance on 1 November, Smith continued to serve as Superior Judge as a delegate of the Empire of Aenopia.
- Lycon, Jayden (14 March 2020) Syracuse Declaration, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (25 March 2020) Appointment of Zarel Smith, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (17 March 2020) Cupertino Gazette – Issue 7, Cupertino Gazette. Retrieved 16 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (28 March 2020) Parliamentary Practice, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (30 May 2020) Charter of the Cupertino Alliance, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (27 September 2020) Homeland Security Amendment, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (26 October 2020) Homeland Security (Mandate and Enforcement) Act, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (26 October 2020) Judicial Confidence Amendment, Cupertino Alliance. Retrieved 13 December 2020.