Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Union Against Micronational War
|Union Against Micronational War|
|Motto||All war represents a failure of diplomacy|
|Formation||10 July 2009|
|Official languages||English, Dutch|
The Union Against Micronational War, frequently referred to as the UAMW was founded on 10 July 2009 by Niels of Flandrensis as a result of many micronational wars on MicroWiki and the micronational community. The goal of the UAMW is neutrality in any micronational conflict. On 16 January 2011, Niels of Flandrensis asked all members states to sign the Treaty of Universal Peace, which condemns recourse to war as an instrument of national policy. The UAMW has been widely praised for its promotion of peace, twice being nominated for the Schneider Award in that category.
Unlike most organizations such as the GUM, the UAMW does not have a centralized organization or leadership. Instead, it is a symbolic union, with each member taking responsibility for their own policies and actions. The most influence over the union is held by its founder, but it has been made known by Grand Duke Niels that any member may promote peace in the name of the organisation.
Views on micronational war
The UAMW defines micronational war as a hostile conflict between two micronational entities. Such conflict is viewed as sometimes more accurately described as a conflict between individual micronational leaders. Such conflicts are condemned, especially when the actions of the belligerents are destructive, unethical, or illegal. Recwarring, a form of roleplaying, is distinguished by the union from microwar, and is not spoken against. Founder Niels of Flandrensis says of real conflicts that "playing war has nothing to do with the true micronational spirit." This concept is the basis of the UAMW, which holds that promoting intermicronational conflict achieves nothing and prevents others from enjoying micronationalism. War is seen as the failure of diplomacy, and accepting a foreign declaration of war is opposed.
The Union Against Micronational War maintains the official position that the easiest defense against micronational war is to ignore a hostile party. This is especially encouraged when the instigator is distant from the nation that is threatened. For any illegal acts that are in fact committed by a belligerent party, the union recommends that macronational authorities be contacted.
The only requirement for members of the UAMW is to promise to not declare war against another micronation. Micronations are free to add their nation to the list without any obligation. Members who do declare war to another micronation will be removed from the list.
List of members
- Free Territory of Valbona
- Repubblica democratica di Luxe
- Republic of Jadoraria
- Abeldane Empire
- Aenderese Republic
- Kingdom of Alorya
- Archland Empire
- Principality of Arkel
- Ross Ice Shelf
- Kingdom of Atovia
- Empire of Austenasia
- Austrovian Empire
- Princedom of Aysellant
- Most Serene Empire of Azzurria
- Kingdom of Breckland
- Republic of Covanellis
- Dalmatia-Herzegovina Republic
- Kingdom of Danland
- Kingdom of Danterlund
- Federated States of East Indian Ocean
- Kingdom of Elohem
- Essian Commonwealth
- Grand Duchy of Flandrensis
- Duchy of Flauma
- New Eiffel
- Duchy of Saeftinghe
- Duchy of Snow Hill
- Florian Republic
- Kingdom of Gastón
- United Gerenian Republic
- Kingdom of Harleck
- Empire of Iustus
- Republic of Latitudia
- Kingdom of Legatia
- Federal Republic of Lostisland
- Noble Republic of Lurk
- Independent Province of Mancunia
- Empire of Myrotania
- Grand Duchy of the North Antarctic Peninsular Islands
- Commonwealth of Northern Australia
- Popular Union of Occitania
- Second Empire of Pacem
- Republic of Padrhom
- Republic of Pannonia
- Empire of Paravia
- Imperial Grand Duchy of Renmarchesia
- Principality of Ledilia
- Democratic Environmental Society of Senya
- Empyre of Slin
- Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas
- Republic of Suwerenny
- Kingdom of Überstadt
- Universal Triumvirate
- United States of Antarctic Islands
- Kingdom of Verdoleania
- Norse Kingdom of Vestrland
- Decracy of Vilthia
- Kingdom of Wyvern
- Kingdom of Wegmat
- New Varkin Republic
- Federal Kingdom of Arkonia
- The Parlimentary Republic of Remland
- Kingdom of Pöllömaa
- Community of Mewniuvia
- Kingdom of Ikonia
- The Baillium Empire
- Republic of Escevia
- Tüng Empire
- Nova Revalija
- Aarianian Union of North America: withdrawal
- Aarianian Union of Appalachia: withdrawal
- Kingdom of Albion: defunct.
- Confederation of Saint Luke and Amager: defunct.
- State of Bascal: defunct.
- Republic of Bernada: defunct
- Marxist People's Republic of Burkland: defunct.
- Democratic Republic of Cinnamon Creek: joined Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic
- Union of Draegan Republics: defunct.
- Federated Republics of Flatland: defunct.
- Federal Republic of Grunkia: defunct.
- Principality of Hashima: defunct.
- Kadmurian Empire: defunct.
- Kid United Republic: revealed to be fraud micronation.
- Democratic Kingdom of Mallanor: defunct
- Free State of Mulaverno and Pretsopia: defunct.
- Democratic Socialist Federation of Nedlandic Republics: joined Paravia
- Popular Union of Occitania : Withdrawal after Occitania referendum 2015 but return thereafter.
- Tsardom of Orly: annexed by New Wessex.
- Palasian Empire: defunct.
- Kingdom of Sakasaria: defunct.
- People's State of San Andreas: merged with Daikoku Federation; undertook military operations entitled Nadeko and Kirino.
- Secundomian Dependent Territory of the Sandbars: defunct.
- Republic of Shadesia: defunct.
- Kingdom of Skovaji: defunct.
- Constitutional Empire of Starhigh: defunct.
- Commonwealth of Vyktory: defunct
- Grand Duchy of West Germania: defunct.
- Republic of Malavnia: defunct.
- Grand Duchy of Letzembourg: joined Karnia-Ruthenia.
- Most Serene Monarchy of New Brundwhick: defunct
- Republic of Slavistonia: Withdrawal