Organisation de la MicroFrancophonie (French)
• High Commissioner
|30 May 2015|
|30 August 2015|
The MicroFrancophonie, officially the International Organisation of La MicroFrancophonie (OMF), is a micronational organisation founded on 30 May 2015 with the intent of cooperation and mutual assistance between francophone micronationalists.
The OMF was first founded by the Autonomous Province of Valinois—Saint-Castin and the Principality of Aigues-Mortes. Hélianthis, Angyalistan, Padrhom and Sandus joined the movement and co-founded the OMF. The first charter was signed 30 August 2015. The Charter was subsequently revised 4 times in 2016, 2017 and twice in 2018, the last modification happening on 17 December 2018.
The General Assembly is the deliberative organ of the OMF. It is composed of one representative for each member states. The Secretary General act as the President of the General Assembly. It is the organ responsible for the election of the Secretary General.
The Council is the main executive organ of the OMF. It is composed of 11 members, 6 permanent members representing the founding states, 4 elected members and the Secretary General.
- Jean-Pierre IV, Prince of Aigues-Mortes
- Olivier, Emperor of Angyalistan
- Vincent I, Prince of Hélianthis
- Michel Vichat, General representative of Padrhom
- Dominic Desaintes, Minister-President of Saint-Castin
- Gaius Soergel Publicola, Sôgmô of the State of Sandus
- Bernard, Prince of Austrasia (2018-2022)
- George d'Annenkov, Minister of Flandrensis (2021-2022)
- Emanuel, Prince of Bérémagne (2020-2024)
- Clément, Prince of Surland (2020-2024)
According to the charter of the OMF, the Secretary General is the political institution of the OMF and represents the organization on the world stage. In the case of vacancy, the High Commissioner assumes the interim and organizes the election.
List of Secretaries General
- Olivia-Eugénie, Princess of Aigues-Mortes (2015-2017)
- Olivier, Emperor of Angyalistan (2017-2021)
- Geoffrey Mathes, Chancellor of Aigues-Mortes (2021-2022)
- Dominic Desaintes, Minister-President of Saint-Castin (2022-2024)
The Deputy Secretaries are elected for mandates of 2 years by the General Assembly and are responsible for the execution of the decisions taken by the Council.
The High Commissioner is responsible for the application of the rules of the Council.
List of High Commissioners
The OMF currently has 21 full members and one observer.
- Principality of Aigues-Mortes
- Principality of Anthophilia
- Empire of Angyalistan
- Iroisian Empire of Armorica
- Principality of Austrasia
- Principality of Beremagne
- Principality of Deux Acren
- Hope Kingdom
- Autonomous Republic of Europa
- Principality of Ferthroy
- Grand Duchy of Flandrensis
- Frya-Nordland Territories
- Principality of Hélianthis
- Republic of Jailavera
- Republic of Juclandia
- Kingdom of Navasse
- Independent State of Nova Troie
- Anacratic Republic of Padrhom
- Newgraviate of Saint-Castin
- State of Sandus
- Principality of Surland
- Formori Community
- Aerican Empire (2017-2021)
- Maritime Principality of Atlantide (2016-2017)
- Unbowed Republic of Europa (2017-2020)
- Principality of Green Island (2015-2016)
- Republic of Jura (2015-2017)
- Republic of Saint-Castin (2016-2020)
- Popular Union of Occitania (2015-2017)
Summits and meetings
The first official summit of the OMF was held in the Principality of Aigues-Mortes on 23–24 September 2016. 9 nations were represented at the summit. The summit was also held in conjoncture with the Grand bal du Godet d'or a signature event in the Principality of Aigues-Mortes.
The second summit was held in Vincennes, France, near the foreign embassy of the Empire of Angyalistan on 21–22 July 2018. The summit saw the participation of representatives of 9 out of 15 members at the time.
The third summit was planned to take place in 2020, in the Principality of Helianthis, but was postponed to 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This summit was eventually held in the Principality of Helianthis on 27–28 August 2022. 14 nations were represented at the summit, making it the largest summit organized by the MicroFrancophonie.
The first meeting of French-speaking micronations belonging to the MicroFrancophonie happened, a few months before the first summit, on 10 January 2016 during the Rencontre MicroFrancophone européenne in Brussels, with representatives of Aigues-Mortes, Austrasia, Flandrensis, Formori and Surland.
The second meeting was hosted by Surland and held in Luxembourg and reunited representatives from Aigues-Mortes, Angyalistan, Flandrensis, Saugeais and Sealand. This meeting was the occasion for the newly-elected Secretary General, the Emperor of Angyalistan, to make an inaugural speech.
The fourth meeting was hosted in Saguenay, Trois-Rivières and Montreal by Saint-Castin. It was organized a few days before MicroCon 2019 and was attended by representatives from Aigues-Mortes and Angyalistan. This was the first meeting held outside of Europe.