Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Commonwealth of Northern Australia
|This article refers to a nation which is currently in a state of inactivity. You can help make the article reflect that or ask on the talk page for further information.|
| Commonwealth of Northern Australia |
"Sit Libero Regula" "Let Freedom Reign"
Anthem of Northern Australia
|Australian Continent, Southern Hemisphere, Earth |
|Official language(s)||English, Various|
|- King||Zachary I|
|- Prime Minister||Zachary I|
|- Justiciarius||Zachary I|
|Population||2,329,700 (in claimed territories)|
|National sport||Rugby League|
|Patron saint||St. Mary MacKillop|
The Commonwealth of Northern Australia is a constitutional monarchy located in the North Eastern sector of the Australian continent in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Commonwealth of Northern Australia, founded on November 1, 2009 is the Successor State of The United Kingdom of Oceania and The British Dominion of Queensland and the Australian Northern Territory. The Commonwealth of Northern Australia has shared sovereignty of it's Territory with the Commonwealth of Australia
The territorial claim of Northern Australia consists of all the landmass west of 155 degrees east and east of 129 degrees east between the 9th and 26th parallels of southern latitude, All landmass west of 155 degrees east and east of 141 degrees east all lands northward of a line commencing on the sea coast at Point Danger, in latitude about 28º 8’ south, and following the range thence which divides the waters of the Tweed, Richmond, and Clarence Rivers from those of the Logan and Brisbane Rivers, westerly, to the great dividing range between the waters falling to the east coast and those of the River Murray; following the great dividing range southerly to the range dividing the waters of Tenterfield Creek from those of the main head of the Dumaresq River; following that range westerly to the Dumaresq River; and following that river (which is locally known as the Severn) downward to its confluence with the Macintyre River; thence following the Macintyre River, which lower down becomes the Barwan, downward to the 29th parallel of south latitude, and following that parallel westerly to 141degrees east the excluding territory claimed by Papua New Guinea and Indonesia. This area includes all of the Australian Northern Territory and all of the Australian State of Queensland, north of the 26th parallel of southern latitude.
The Commonwealth claims dual sovereignty of it's territories with the Commonwealth of Australia.
The Government is a Constitutional Monarchy with a bicameral parliamentary system of government.
The Commonwealth government is split in to three levels Federal, State and Local.
The Federal Government is responsible for managing the affairs of the nation as a whole, these include diplomatic, taxation, environmental, societal, cultural and military matters. The Federal government is composed of three branches:
- Executive: The King is the Head of State of The Commonwealth of Northern Australia, The King claims the powers to declare war, sign treaties and grant pardons as well as ratifying or vetoing laws.
- Legislative: The Legislative body of The Commonwealth of Northern Australia is The Federal Parliament of Northern Australia, consisting of the Senate of Northern Australia and the Northern Australian House of Representatives. His Majesties Government is led by the 'Prime Minister of Northern Australia'
- Judicial: The High Court of the Northern Australia and the lower Federal and Family Courts of Northern Australia, whose judges are appointed by the King, interpret laws and overturn those they find unconstitutional.
The State Governments are responsible for managing the affairs of the individual states, these include environmental, societal and cultural matters. The State governments are composed of three branches:
- Executive: A Governor is appointed by the Head of The Royal Estate to represent The King as Head of State of the individual States, The Governor claims the powers to grant pardons as well as ratifying or vetoing laws.
- Legislative: The Legislative body of The States are The State Parliaments of Northern Australia, each consisting of a State Senate and a House of Representatives. His Majesties Government is led by the 'First Minister' of each state.
- Judicial: The individual states have no judicial systems, however, a sub-national judicial system exists in that each of the Royal Estates of Northern Australia operates a The High Court, a State Court and Family Court, their judges are appointed by either the Head of The Royal Estate or The Governor of The State, they interpret laws and overturn those they find unconstitutional.
Unlike the State and Federal Governments, Local Governments defer Judicial powers to the State Government
- Executive: The Local Government is led by an elected Councilor known as the Mayor.
- Legislative: Local Governments consist of a Legislative Body known as a Council.
States, Territories and Regions
The Commonwealth of Northern Australia is divided into 4 Royal Estates and further into 11 States and 2 special districts.
|STATE NAME||CAPITAL CITY||ROYAL ESTATE|