Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
1st Cupertino Alliance Ministry
|1st Cupertino Alliance Ministry|
1st ministry of the Cupertino Alliance
|Date formed||22 March 2020|
|People and organisations|
|Head of government||Jayden Lycon,|
Chair of the Board
The First Cupertino Alliance Ministry is the combined cabinet, chaired by Chair Jayden Lycon and various ministers that began governing the Cupertino Alliance shortly after the passing of the Ministers Act. Its original three ministry offices and two ministers[a] were sworn in on 22 March 2020. As of 24 July 2020, the ministry has 7 ministries and 6 ministers, with the Minister of Public Relations being vacant.
During the Independent Economical Union and the first Cupertino Alliance, there were no Ministers, and the Chair of the Board was usually the only person governing the alliances. During the second Cupertino Alliance, the Chair was increasingly busy, so on the 7th session, it was proposed to decrease the Chair's power and divide them upon to three ministries, those being:
- Minister of Membership Attainment
- Minister of Agreements and Development
- Minister of Asian Affairs
Under this act, ministers gained the additional power to issue ministerial orders, but they can be overturned by a majority vote in Parliament. Lycon selected William Efton and Pun Watta for these roles the Minister of Membership Attainment and Minister of Asian Affairs respectively on 22 March 2020. Lycon assumed the office of Minister of Agreements and Development for a short time until the appointment of Matthew Xia on 29 March 2020. On 30 March 2020, as per formalization efforts, seals for the aforementioned ministries were completed.
On 31 March 2020, following the planning of the Cupertino Earth Week Clean Up, the Division of Environment and Geographical Information, Division of Public Relations, and their respective Minister office was formed. Cole Baird was appointed the office of Minister of Environment and Geographical Information, after winning a race between Logan Ross and Leon Montan. Luke Warren won the Minister of Public Relations unanimously as no one else ran for the position. These were the first Parliament approved ministers, though a majority is not required to appoint a Minister as the Chair has the final choice to appoint the Minister.
On 1 April 2020, Aenderia was projected to leave the Cupertino Alliance following the 69 Hour Session. During the time, Efton, a delegate for Aenderia, was the Minister of Membership Attainment. Efton attempted to keep his ministerial role without a nation to represent, but this was later rejected by Parliament. Later, Efton expressed his interest in delegating Ponderosa Hills to keep his ministerial roles. Though, this was never done as an agreement was reached by Aenderia and the Cupertino Alliance and was later reinforced by a referendum to abandon the attempt to withdraw.
On 9 May 2020, the MicroWiki Improvement Division (now the Division of MicroWiki Affairs) was formed with its respective ministerial office. There were 3 applying to the position, those being Leon Montan, Zarel Smith, as well as Logan Ross. Sertor Valentinus also-ran, but was eliminated on the first round after reaching the lowest amount of votes between the other candidates. Ross later won the nomination and became Minister shortly after. Furthermore, as Luke Warren got relieved of his duties to the North American Commonwealth on 16 May 2020, coupled with increasing concern if he was fit for the job after an interview on Nacre regarding the New Eiffel general election, 2020, Warren was dismissed from the office. There is currently an office open to continue his ministerial role.
In late May 2020, Thomas Marios talked with Jayden Lycon on opening a Division of Balkan Affairs, focused on Balkan nations. Due to low membership in the area, Lycon suggested to expand it to all of Europe and Africa, which Marios later agreed. Lycon later made a report and presented it to Parliament on 30 May 2020 . This was met with a positive response and led to the passing of Act 172 to formally establish the Division. Marios and Valentinus later ran for the office, with Valentinus winning the Ministerial office. Furthermore, the duty of the gazette was later transferred to the Minister of Public Affairs on the same day.
The aforementioned sustainability report also had a plan to host sessions without the guidance of the Chair. In July 2020, Jayden Lycon, as well as the Minister of Asian Affairs and Minister of European Affairs, formed the Special Committee on Non-Chair Sessions in order to achieve the plan. With the passing and ratification of the Charter Act, 2020 in June 2020, the powers of Ministers were re-affirmed and merged into a section, but was not changed from previous documents.
Creation of a ministry post and the appointment of a minister
Following the appointment of Cole Baird, Chair Jayden Lycon used a different approach to selecting ministers. The process of the creation of a ministry post that starts off with a proposal by a Delegate for the creation of a Division. After passing of the act, it would be approved by the Chair of the Board. In the following session, delegates who wish to nominate themselves will speak to the Chair and the Chair would subsequently propose an appointment for the delegate to become a minister. If though, there are multiple candidates running for the office, they will all be voted at once. The candidate with the lowest "aye" votes will be eliminated, then all the candidates will be placed in a vote to be elected as a minister. Whoever wins the round, wins the election.
However, this is merely only to get the opinion of the House. The Ministers Act nor the Charter Act does not specifically requires a minister to get the confidence of the House; theoretically, the Chair can appoint whoever they want to a ministerial role without consulting the house. However, this is rarely done.
There are currently 7 ministries in the current ministry, those being
- Minister of Agreements and Development - Tasked with supporting and enforcing agreements, as well as promoting development and advising the Chair on possible activities to reach the goal. Manages the Division of Agreements and Development
- Minister of Membership Attainment - Tasked with the management of the Cupertino Alliance application form, as well as supervising the dispatching of commissioners and documents used in attaining membership. Manages the Division of Membership Attainment.
- Minister of Asian Affairs - Advises with the Chair of the Board on ways to optimize time for Cupertino Alliance sessions between nations located in an Asian timezone. Manages the Division of Asian Affairs.
- Minister of Environment and Geographical Information - Tasked with the management of environmental cleanups, collecting geographical information, as well as promotes environmental-friendly tasks. Manages the Division of Environment and Geographical Information.
- Minister of Public Relations - Advises with the Chair on public relations and marketing, as well as managing the Cupertino Gazette. Manages the Divison of Public Affairs.
- Minister of MicroWiki Affairs - Advises with the Chair on MicroWiki improvement, maintains member's MicroWiki pages, as well as manages all of the Cupertino Alliance's projects relating to MicroWiki. Manages the Division of MicroWiki Affairs.
- Minister of European and African Affairs - Advises with the Chair to optimize time for Cupertino Alliance sessions between nations located in European and African timezones. Manages the Division of European and African Affairs.
There are some calls from delegates to promote the Minister of Asian Affairs to its own organ within the Cupertino Alliance and though it has the support from Chair Jayden Lycon, Lycon has also noted that the lack of membership within the continent as the primary cause on why it hasn't been done.
List of ministers
Chair of the Board
|Jayden Lycon||Fifth Aenderian Republic||15 February 2020 - present|
Minister of Asian Affairs
|Pun Watta||People's Republic of Orientia||22 March 2020 - present|
Minister of Agreements and Development
|Jayden Lycon||Fifth Aenderian Republic||22 March 2020 - 29 March 2020|
|Matthew Xia||Republic of Yu-Xia||29 March 2020 - present|
Minister of Membership Attainment
|William Efton||Fifth Aenderian Republic||22 March 2020 - present|
|Minister of Environment and Geographical Information
(Division of Environment and Geographical Information Act)
|Cole Baird||Kingdom of Wegmat||22 April 2020 - present|
|Minister of Public Relations
(Act 126, an Act to form the Public Relations Ministry)
|Luke Warren||North American Commonwealth||22 April 2020 - 23 May 2020|
|Ethan de Borleandé||Kingdom of Efransa||7 July 2020 - present|
|Minister of MicroWiki Affairs
(An Act to Establish the MicroWiki Improvement Division)
|Logan Ross||Empire of Aenopia||30 May 2020 - present|
|Minister of European and African Affairs
(Ministerial Nomination for the Minister of European and African Affairs)
|Sertor Valentinus||Kingdom of Pinelandia||30 May 2020 - present|
|Jayden Lycon||Fifth Aenderian Republic||Chair of the Board||15 February 2020 - present|
|Minister of Agreements and Development||22 March 2020 - 29 March 2020|
|William Efton||Fifth Aenderian Republic||Minister of Membership Attainment||22 March 2020 - present|
|Pun Watta||People's Republic of Orientia||Minister of Asian Affairs||22 March 2020 - present|
|Matthew Xia||Republic of Yu-Xia||Minister of Agreements and Development||29 March 2020 - present|
|Cole Baird||Kingdom of Wegmat||Minister of Environment and Geographical Information||22 April 2020 - present|
|Luke Warren||North American Commonwealth||Minister of Public Affairs||22 April 2020 - 23 May 2020|
|Logan Ross||Empire of Aenopia||Minister of MicroWiki Affairs||30 May 2020 - present|
|Sertor Valentinus||Kingdom of Pinelandia||Minister of European and African Affairs||30 May 2020 - present|
- Excluding the temporary post held by Lycon for Minister of Agreements and Development
- Lycon, Jayden (30 March 2020) Cupertino Reference Centre launched on Discord server; first Ministerial seal published On Nacre.
- Lycon, Jayden (29 May 2020) Sustainability Report Regarding a Division of European and African Affairs and the Sustainability Regarding a Possible Future Expansion of Session Timing
- Lycon, Jayden (30 May 2020) AN ACT TO ESTABLISH THE DIVISION OF EUROPEAN AND AFRICAN AFFAIRS
- Lycon, Jayden (30 May 2020) Ministerial Nomination for the Minister of European and African Affairs
- Lycon, Jayden (30 May 2020) AN ACT TO TRANSFER THE DUTY OF THE GAZETTE