Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 42,287 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 168,991 pages and 32,699 articles, of which 95 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
The Republic of Secundomia (pronounced [sɛkʊndoʊmiə]), also known as Secundomia (Secundomian:ǂƿǂ፥ˠ፥Ꮩƪ pronounced [kʂɛkʂuːɳtuːmjɛ]), was a sixth world nation founded by Parker I and Spencer I formed on 16 December 2009. Secundomia grew to be a respected member of the MicroWiki community and was ranked tenth in the first OAM Influence Survey. Secundomia at its peak had eleven registered citizens, ten of which were above voting age. The nation was led by President Parker I. Secundomia later became a member of the Eran Federation in 2012. Currently, the land of Secundomia is part of the Secundomian Federation as the Socialist Republic of Secundomia. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Grand Rupublic of Vuldstein (26 May 1977); Kingdom of South Bank (1 May 2002); Royal reformed States of America (1 May 2009); Grand Lamate of Sandefreistikhan (26 May 2009); People's Republic of Danesland (31 May 2009); Confederation of Awesome (5 May 2010); Principality of Imvrassia (11 May 2011); Domanglia (24 May 2011); Mouzilo (19 May 2012); Kingdom of Mahuset (29 May 2012); Republic of Pelvon (4 May 2013); Ashukovo (25 May 2013); Principality of Wildflower Meadows (12 May 2016); Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall (14 May 2016); Kingdom of Atovia (5 May 2017); Federated States of Transterra (5 May 2018); Kingdom of Atiera (30 May 2020); Federal Republic of Grebna and Vonerebna (1 May 2021).
- 1st - Nicholas Paul Nix is elected 10th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States, and is re-elected for 4 consecutive years (2003); King Declan I of Moylurg removes from power Queen Laura I of Moylurg and King Ciaran II & III of Thebes (2010). The Holy League is established by Trebia and New Israel, following the signing of the Treaty of Augustinople (2016).
- 2nd - The Battle of the Grove takes place in the Austenasian Civil War - foreign supporters of the Emperor defeat aggressive foreign Carolinians (2010).
- 6th - The first ever documented micronational football match in the UK takes place in Norfolk, between Pambia and Senya, with Senya winning 6-2 (2011); Emperor Jonathan I of Austenasia begins compiling the Codex Jonathanus (2013); The Commonwealth of Australis is reorganised into the Unified Royal States of Australis (2020).
- 10th - The Constitution of the Republic of Pelvon is ratified (2013).
- 16th - The Austenasian Monarchical Referendum is held, showing the support of the Austenasian public for Emperor Esmond III over Princess Caroline (2010).
- 17th - The Kapresh Congress votes in favor of monarchizing the Republic of Kapreburg, forming the Empire of Kapreburg and turning Jack Ryan Morris into Tsar Jackson I (2019).
- 18th - The Prime Minister of the Province of Mervustan, James Irwin overthrows the Government of Andrew Brotherton in a coup, replacing him as the President of Roscamistan (2021)
- 19th - Ela'r'oech gains unrecognized independence from the United States of America. (2019)
- 20th - The coronation of Emperor Terry I takes place in Wrythe (2009)
- 22nd - The Molossian-Mustachistani War is declared (2006).
- 24th - The Aberystwyth Agreement is signed (2009); The Treaty of Ruskin Road is signed, ending the Austenasian Civil War with victory for the legitimate government (2010); Secundomia joins the Eran Federation (2012).
- 25th - The Skirmish of the Treasury takes place when Princess Caroline leads British attackers in an assault on the Austenasian Prime Minister's Office (2009).
- 28th - The Honourable Judge of Internal Matters, Jordan hands full control of the Monarchy of Isvik over to the Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic (2015); The Pentarchy is abolished in Australis, with Daniel Hamilton taking control of Australis as the first Grand Duke of Australis (2020)
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- Goree; Airing on TVT Raphania last night, the new national anthem, which was adopted by the Grand Emirate of Raphania following a nationwide referendum, aired on the state's YouTube page. The new tune is an adaptation of the former anthem of Afghanistan (used during the 1970's and 80's) and will be used until the nation commissions a completely original anthem...
- In the latest decree from the President of the Socialist Federal Union of Ponderosa Hills, the newly independent Veranderen was officially incorporated into the nation. The move was expected following the...
- Since April 10, 2022 the Ethosian government went in to shutdown. This came following escalations in the Ozark Conflict as well as mental affects on the President.
- Monday the 23rd of May will bring a new election to Dracul, consisting of five candidates for Parliament. The election is in result of Breco's Independence, which took a percentage of Dracul's Parliament. Candidates from both North and South Dracul are on this election's ballot, consisting of new and former Members of Parliament...
- On the 18th of May, the Imperial Grand Duke officially celebrated his 33rd birthday. The weekend before, he celebrated at Lundenwic’s Eurovision Festival hosted by the Marquis of New Charter surrounded by friends and citizens of the Imperial Grand Duchy. The weekend after was a more intimate affair celebrated with close friends in nearby London situated in the United Kingdom. The day was spent consuming international wines and English cheeses...
- 19 May - 2022 MOF Games Begin
- The 2022 MOF Games, hosted by Wegmat began last night virtually as the first matches of Tic-tac-toe 3×3 and Five in a row begin. The games were delayed by two days due to the Wegmat Sporting Administration having difficulty setting up the virtual events. The opening ceremony was released at 9:30 last night where many landmarks of Chicago were shown before cutting to Wegmat Intermicronational Stadium and the nations participating...
- 18 May – Stadtholder establishes the Ashukov Executive Council, vows to make reforms "that you have never seen before"
- On May 11, as Ashukovo was celebrating Slavic Culture Day, Stadtholder Prince Edward established the Ashukov Executive Council (AEC) – a special body tasked with assisting the head of state with matters of national security. In his first address to the AEC, Prince Edward made...
- 17 May - PM Ostroukhova resigns after 8 days in office; Tezdzhanenko back as Acting PM as snap election called
- Prime Minister Maria Ostroukhova, who assumed office on May 7, unexpectedly resigned on May 14, citing personal reasons. President Yaroslav Mar called a snap election to take place in June and appointed former PM Denys Tezdzhanenko the head of the caretaker government serving till the inauguration of a new Prime Minister...
- 25 May - Dracul 1 News & Weather for 05/25/2022
- 25 May Aledonian President SanstonXD wishes to talk to the micronational community
- 25 May – 6 months of independence Anniversary
- 22 May - Maximillian von Meister is now Lord High Chancellor of Begon - What does this mean for the Celtic Catholic opposition?
- 22 May - Police Academy yearly intake announced
- 19 May – What’s Cooking in Vista? An Introduction…
- 19 May – Websites and database are secured
- 18 May - Rossland Official Website published today
- 17 May - New logos of institutions in Mendersia
- 17 May – MicroWiki finally secures permanent article on Wikipedia
Analysis and opinions
- PBN News 14 April - Opinion: Snagovian opinion: a future concern?
- Cameron Ramsell 21 Mar - Analysis: Can the New Nationals surprise us?
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 14 Mar - The Emperor's broadcast on the death of Taras Oliynyk
- Lostisland.org 28 Feb - Ambassador Siapno: ‘Corrupt officials will pay for their atrocities’
- Stephen Luke 24 Feb - Opinion: Will new sanctions negatively affect Russia?
- Stephen Luke 14 Feb - Opinion: The importance of maintaining micronationalism privacy
- Stephen Luke 11 Feb - Opinion: Micronational income vs. businesses masked as micronations
- Vlad Tchaikovsky 1 Feb - Opinion: Has Parliament finally reached its full potential?
- - 26 May: 6 Minutes of Patriotic Raphanian Music
- - 18 May: 2022 MOF Games Opening Ceremony
- - 18 May: - Come Out Ye Black and Blues: An Ozark Conflict Song
- 15 May: Micro Currency & Crypto with Travis McHenry
- Harrison Gowland – 13 May: Gowparl: The Future of Discord Parliament, Today
- - 8 May: Arkazjan Monarchist Song
- - 22 Apr: Snagovian Patriotic Song - For ages, glory to you, proud people
- - 19 Apr: 2022 Virtual Tour of Dracul