|List of decades in the MicroWiki community:|
|2000s • 2010s • 2020s|
|History of the MicroWiki community|
The 2000s (pronounced "two-thousands"; shortened to the '00s) was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on 1 January 2000, and ended on 31 December 2009. This article deals with notable events of the decade in the MicroWiki community. MicroWiki was founded on 27 May 2005, and the community was dominated by a chain of events that heralded significant changes in the community as to redefine the decade: the Siple War, Black March and other conflicts, the arrival of several community leaders, and the foundation of the Grand Unified Micronational.
MicroWiki grew to encompass over 2,300 articles, reaching 500 in October 2006, 900 in December 2007, 1,500 in December 2008 and 2,000 in April 2009.
The decade comprises the following years of MicroWiki community history:
- 2005 in the MicroWiki community
- 2005–general year
- 2006 in the MicroWiki community
- 2006–general year
- 2007 in the MicroWiki community
- 2007–general year
- 2008 in the MicroWiki community
- 2008–general year
- 2009 in the MicroWiki community
- 2009–general year
The years of the decade have been split into the following Eras and their periods:
- Foundation Era (27 May 2005 – 29 January 2009)
- Monsterfurby (27 May 2005–June 2005): Foundation of MicroWiki.
- Dry (June 2005–18 September 2005): A period when no certain leader or structure was in place.
- Refounding (18 September 2005 – 30 April 2006): A period when the wiki was dominated by the United Republic of Arlbergm a micronation founded in 2003 that joined the wiki in September 2005. Having close ties with Satirocity, Arlberg dissolved in 2006.
- Satirocity (30 April 2006–November 2006): This period saw the rise of the non-serious nation Satirocity to the leadership of the wiki. Close friends with Monsterfurby, Prince Jeffrey II of Satirocity joined the wiki in April 2006 and was made an admin in August.
- Tallini (November 2006–15 October 2008): The void of the recently dissolved Satirocity is filled by Cesidio Tallini, who dominates the wiki for nearly two years.
- Foreshadowing (4 October 2008 – 29 January 2009): Micronations that will form the foundations of the modern community arrive.
- Conflict Era
- Siple (29 January 2009 – 4 March 2009): Antarctic micronationalism flares up with the Siple War being declared. The MicroWiki community becomes increasingly active as the war unites many of them against Westarctica
- Black March (4 March 2009 – 23 March 2009): An abmormally high amount of micronational wars break out, leading to a huge deterioration in bilateral ties between numerous states and culminating in a period of intense diplomatic tension.
- Diplomacy (23 March 2009 – 2 August 2009): Conflict and diplomatic tension between the "superpowers" of the time (St.Charlie, Scientopia, Erusia and New Europe) continues, but is less intensive than during Black March. The use of "Talk page diplomacy" reaches its peak, with the majority of communication taking place on talk pages of relevant wiki articles. As well as several minor conflicts which had been ongoing since March coming to an end, both the New Euro-Erusian and Rhodesian Wars break out and are subsequently ended by efforts from the Grand Unified Micronational, increasing the influence of the GUM and its de facto leader, Robert Lethler.
- Lethler Era (2 August 2009 – 30 July 2010)
- Peaceful (2 August 2009 – 13 January 2010): Characterised by the hegemony of the GUM and Robert Lethler over the community, with the GUM effectively being seen as the community itself during September and October 2009. Despite frosty relations between Erusia and St.Charlie, no major conflicts break out during this time. Many older micronations fall into inactivity while several newer micronations join the community.