The Augusta Accord is a diplomatic treaty drafted by Gaius Soergel Publicola and edited by Adam I of Überstadt against micronational transphobia and for the protection of transgender and nonbinary micronationalists. It was suggested by Sir Joseph Kennedy. It is named after the New Virginian town of Augusta.
The Augusta Accord has its antecedents in the Denton Protocol, implemented by the State of Sandus in July 2014. Due to backlash by various heads of state, the treaty eventually fizzled out due to the political fallout it induced. It was in part to the controversial nature of the Denton Protocol that Sandus' application to the Grand Unified Micronational in 2016 was rejected, following a concerted effort from its delegates.
Kennedy later met up with Charles Kitchen, Sir Riley Kennedy and Senator Savannah Wellman in the town of Augusta to discuss the enactment of the accords. This was followed by an address to the New Virginian citizenry and the international community regarding the accords.
A further five nations have became a signatory to the accord.
|State||Date of signature||Leader|
|State of Sandus||29 September 2020||Gaius Soergel Publicola|
|Kingdom of Überstadt||30 September 2020||Adam I of Überstadt|
|Commonwealth of New Virginia||3 October 2020||Sir Joseph Kennedy|
|Republic of Saint-Castin||3 October 2020||Dominic Desaintes|
|Republic of Nordale||3 October 2020||Citizen-Premier Sophia Albina|
|People's Republic of Ponderosa Hills||3 October 2020||Leon Montan|
|Cycoldia||4 October 2020||Christina I of Nowell|
|Misberian Confederacy||4 October 2020||Archie Birch|
|Republic of Yu-Xia||4 October 2020||Matthew Xia|
|Empire of Iustus||24 October 2020||Austin I of Iustus|
|Nemkhav Federation||28 November 2020||Marka Mejakhansk|
|Antonian Empire||30 November 2020||HIM Anthony I|
|State||Date of singature||Pulled out||Remarks|
|Desert District||24 November 2020||Withdrew|
- Citizen-Premier Sophia Albina signs Augusta Accord along with several friendly states of the Republic. The Nordale Voice.
- veritumsandus (3 October 2020). Sandus Ratifies Augusta Accord, Convention against Transphobia. Sandus.org.
- New Virginia ratifies Augusta Accord alongside Sandus, Uberstadt and others; President releases statement. The Herald.
- Admin (4 October 2020). Ponderosa Hills ratifies Augusta Accord. Ponderosan News Agency.
- Xia, Matthew (8 October 2020). Yu-Xian First Executive Order - Signage of the Augusta Accord. Retrieved 8 October 2020.