Liberal Party (Adammia)
Liberal Party (Adammia)
|Leader||Lord General Panconi|
|President||Emperor Adam I|
|Founded||4 August 2013|
|Dissolved||5 October 2018|
|Merged into||Liberal-Moderate Party|
The Liberal Party of Adammia was a social liberal political party in the Empire of Adammia. It was established by Emperor Adam I on 4 August 2013. The party was considered to be one of Adammia's foremost political parties, and it reached its peak in 2017 when party leader Prince Jake was elected Prime Minister. It merged with the Moderate Party in October 2018, forming the Liberal-Moderate Party.
The Liberal Party drew much of its political ideology and heritage from the British Liberal Democrats, to which several Liberal Party members belonged, including the Emperor. The Liberal Party accordingly inherited The Land as its official party anthem.
For much of its early history, the Liberal Party was mostly dormant and had only one member. It did not field any candidates in the 2013 National Elections, as its only Councilor was prohibited from running due to being Monarch. Despite a party political broadcast, it lost that single Councilor in the 2014 local elections, with the Delegate of the Colonies being its only presence on the Ruling Council. Until 12 October 2014, the Liberal Party was known as the Liberal Imperialist Secular Technocratic Party or LIST Party, when it was renamed by the party President, Adam I, in an effort to rebrand the party.
On 25 July 2015, the Liberal Party gained two new members, Prince Jake and Sir Matthew Foster. This was followed by Sir Christopher Hall and Madam Debbie Shaw on 20 August 2016, making it the largest party in Adammia in terms of membership. On 15 July 2017, at the party's first official conference, a constitution was passed creating the separate roles of political Leader and administrative President, and Prince Jake was elected the party's first leader, with the Emperor staying on as party president. Although Prince Jake was successfully elected the first Liberal Prime Minister, his term was cut short after the Adammic government relocated to new provinces in Birmingham, and he was succeeded as leader by General Sir Luca Panconi. In the subsequent National Election, the Liberals dropped from first place to third, but maintained a place in government by forming a coalition with Lord Helliker's successful Moderate Party.
In October 2018, a special Liberal Conference narrowly voted in favour of merging with the Moderate Party, forming the Liberal-Moderate Party.
- HIM Emperor Adam I (4 August 2013 - 15 July 2017) (de-facto as party president)
- HIH Prince Jake (15 July 2017 - 13 November 2017)
- Lord General Sir Luca Panconi (13 November 2017 - 5 October 2018)
The last set of Liberal Party policies, set out in its November 2017 Manifesto, were as follows:
- Having the Empire become a full member-state of the Grand Unified Micronational once again.
- Making sure that the government is financially stable following the recent transition, investigating novel new ways of funding the national website and other expenses.
- Changing the voting system for local and national elections from first-past-the-post to instant-runoff voting, more commonly known as the Alternative Vote (AV).
- Creating non-binary gender alternatives for official titles and styles.
- Investigating the possibility of having the Ministry of Foreign Affairs hosting or co-hosting a micronational summit in either Birmingham or London in 2018.
- Supporting the creation of a tapestry to showcase a pictorial history of the Empire as a new national project.
- Encouraging more economic growth by granting subsidies to new companies, helping them get started.
- Supporting further expansion of the Empire within the student community of the University of Birmingham.
- Legislating to flesh out the courts system allowing cases to be heard using proper procedures, and creating a new post of Attorney General to represent the Government.
- Allowing each province to design its own official flag.
- Pushing for the creation of place-names in all territories which do not already have them. Once this is done, it will allow the Imperial Institute of Geography to produce a map of the entire Empire for the first time.
- Pushing for formal diplomatic relations with more micronations, particularly well-known, reputable ones.
|Election year||Popular vote||Vote percentage||Seats|
|2015||1||7.1% ▲||25.0% ▲|
|2016||2||16.7% ▲||33.3% ▲|
|2017 (1)||1||12.5% ▼||33.3%|
|2017 (2)||4||23.5% ▲||40.0% ▲|
|Election year||# of overall votes||% of overall vote||+/-|
|2017 (1)||11||45.8%||45.8% ▲|
|2017 (2)||8||28.6%||17.2% ▼|