Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Timeline of New Eiffelic history
This is a timeline of New Eiffelic history.
- 31 Dec - The Republic of New Finland is founded as a presidential republic, laying claim to an area of South Africa.
- 1 Jan - New Finland adopts a flag and coat of arms.
- 1 Jan - New Finland's first currency, the New Finland Pound, is created.
- 1 Jan - Storage for You!, a self-storage company, is founded.
- 3 Jan - An Untitled Shrek Film, a comedy stop-motion film about a toy Shrek, was cancelled after being in production since early December 2017.
- 4 Jan - The company ZED-ART is founded.
- 4 Jan - A number of local businesses, including Loots Restaurant, Loots Hotel and New Finland Library are established.
- 4 Jan - A second land claim is made in the United Kingdom.
- Late Jan - The J16 Road is named.
- Late Jan - The New Eiffel Main Route 1 is designated as New Eiffel Road.
- Late Jan - New Finland becomes plagued with inactivity.
- 6 Oct - A power outage lasting eight minutes notably effecting Smith Restaurant occurs due to a faulty washing machine.
- 6 Oct - The Islands of Omaha is claimed as a territory of New Eiffel.
- 7 Oct - The web-series (Blank) Commercial! is officially delayed.
- 8 Oct - The recorder is named the official national instrument of New Eiffel.
- 21 Jan - New Eiffel adopts a new national anthem; Stand tall, New Eiffel, replacing Friendly, New Eiffel.
- 12 Feb - The album DJ Zeddy is re-released in New Eiffel; New Eiffel joins the MOF.
- 25 Feb - The Ministry of Transport proposes a new road called Új Repülő Road.
- 26 Feb - The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 2 opening ceremony and first match take place. Timber Wolves wins with three points over New Eiffelic Ultimates with two.
- 27 Feb - It is decided that the proposed Új Repülő road will not be constructed; the New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 2: Timber Wolves goes through to the finals; Poisonous Potatoes wins with three points over Magic Unicorns with zero.
- 14 Mar - New Eiffel bids on the 2021 MOF Games.
- 23 Apr - A system of vehicle registration plates are adopted.
- 28 Apr - New Eiffel is accepted as a provisional member of the GUM.
- 21 May - New Eiffel becomes a full member of the GUM.
- 11 Jun - New Eiffel comes second to Posaf in the 2021 MOF Games bid voting.
- 23 Sep - New Eiffelic Time is adopted.
- 16 Nov - The pop-up casino Win-a-lot Casino hosts its second annual event.
- 2 Dec - The controversial Freedom Amendment 2019 is passed and amended to the constitution.
- 9 Dec - The Death Sentence Act 2019 is passed.
- 14 Dec - The New Eiffel Constitution Crisis begins.
- 16 Dec - Louis Smith of the Conservative Party wins the 2019 general election; Merges with the Yellow Party to elect jOOST Smith as the Prime Minister on December 25th. The New Eiffel Anti-Individualist Alliance, Communist Party and Libertarian Party all merge to form The Coalition.
- 18 Dec - The Political Party Amendment 2019 is passed.
- 20 Dec - Parliament is suspended until 6 January.
- 23 Dec - Three alleyways Walkway Alley, South Alley and New Eiffelic Entrance are designated.
- 25 Dec - jOOST Smith is elected the third Prime Minister.
- 28 Dec - The avant-garde film Soothing Ring of Fire is released and is the first feature film to be released in New Eiffel.
- 28 Dec - !khās Street and Seat Street are designated.
- 1 Jan - The album ! is released in New Eiffel.
- 6 Jan - Parliament is unsuspended.
- 7 Jan - New Eiffelic Entrance is renamed to 'New Leeds Alley'.
- 8 Jan - The wine drink Pas pour la consommation humaine is created. It is not made for human consumption, and is more of an art piece.
- 12 Jan - 39, 41 Bomb Shelter is cleaned-up.
- 15 Jan - The Surrealist Art Gallery opens.
- 16 Jan - The first Annual New Eiffelic Short Film Awards are awarded.
- 23 Jan - The genre 'Surreal in tempore', a subgenre of New Eiffelic surrealism which features a time loop is created.
- 31 Jan - New Eiffel purges seven inactive and uncontactable citizens in order to stay within the Edgbaston Convention.
- 1 Feb - The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 3 and the Win-a-lot Café Sports Betting event are officially delayed after weeks of rumours, originally supposed to take place on 2 February.
- 9 Feb -
- 11 Feb - The Hooded is released, and is Z&jProductions' shortest film ever, with a runtime of a single minute.
- 14 Feb - All New Eiffelic island territorial claims are dropped in a royal decree by the Prince, disestablishing the Island of A Férfiak, the Island of New Knight and the Island of Zackro.
- 15 Feb - New Eiffel bids on the 2022 and 2023 MOF Games.
- 23 Feb - The Win-a-lot Café Sports Betting event is officially delayed until after February, while the New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 3 is set to start on 29 February.
- 26 Feb -
- 27 Feb - New Eiffel adopts the international vehicle registration code 'NWE'.
- 29 Feb - The 2020 New Eiffel mayoral elections begin.
- 2 March - The 2020 New Eiffel mayoral elections are cancelled due to a lack of interest.
- 6 March - The New Eiffelic Transport Museum is announced to be in construction.
- 9 March - It is announced that New Eiffel Cinema will be re-opened.
- 10 March - Six new streets, from west to east, Dead Tree Street, Leon Montan is Gay Street, Diamond Street of the Esteemed Gems, Smith Street, Norton Street and La-la-lee Street are designated.
- 12 March - New Eiffel declares a state of caution due to the continuing spread of coronavirus in the surrounding areas.
- 13 March - The only school New Eiffel School is closed, and is planning on reopening in two weeks.
- 15 March - The Prince announced that sporting events and outside travel would not be restricted for the time being due to coronavirus.
- 16 March - The Numismatic Museum is announced to be in construction.
- 18 March -
- The New Eiffel Internet Law Act 2 is declared void.
- The referendum for the new constitution begins.
- 22 March -
- 24 March - All outside travel is restricted due to coronavirus.
- 25 March - Silence is released.
- 29 March -
- Due to coronavirus, New Eiffel Cinema and the New Eiffel Transport Museum will not be opening.
- The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 3 is announced it will take place sometime in April.
- 2 April - The apple is named the national fruit in a royal decree.
- 4 April - A new law on internet censorship is being worked out.
- 5 April - The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 3 begins.
- 13 April - The New Eiffel Rugbull Tournament 3 concludes.
- 15 April - New Eiffel School is finally reopened, due to the little threat of COVID-19 within New Eiffel's borders.
- List of roads 'Proposed or historical roads'. New Eiffel Roads Index. Retrieved 28 February 2020. Archived on 17 December 2019.
- Adam Belcher (28 April 2019). "Quorum, 28th April 2019". GUM News. Archived from the original on 14 January 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Quorum, 19th May 2019". GUM News. 22 May 2019. Archived from the original on 17 December 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Death Sentence Act 2019 on MicroCommons. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Political Party Amendment 2019 on MicroCommons. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- YouTube. jOOST Smith gives his first speech as Prime Minister. New Eiffel. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Gréz, Emily. The New Eiffel Times. Why did Zarel I make a 10 hour-long movie of an electric fan?. Blogger. Archived from the original on 28 December 2019.