Foreign relations of Sancratosia
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The foreign relations of Sancratosia are Sancratosia's relations with other governments and nations. Because of its lack of recognition from every UN member states, Sancratosia's diplomatic relations are limited to micronational governments and organizations.
The Principality of Sancratosia adheres to the declarative theory of statehood, every states that have a defined territory, a permanent population, a government and the capacity to enter in relation with other micronational states are de facto recognized by Sancratosia.
On 20 January 2023, the government unveiled its Foreign policy of the Principality of Sancratosia establishing guidelines for the relations between Sancratosia and other States.
The policy reaffirmed the adhesion of Sancratosia to the declarative theory of statehood and the de facto and de jure recognitions given by the Principality. It mostly aimed at providing guidelines for the establishment of formal relations with other States and intermicronational organizations.
It establishes requirements that need to be fulfilled by States wanting to sign a diplomatic treaty with the Principality:
- Demonstrating a professional attitude;
- Being a nation that is generally material in nature;[a]
- Being a peaceful nation and not be involved in wars;
- Having an organized and stable structure;
- Having an official website;
- Having an official email address;
- Having been in existence for at least 6 months;
- Having established contact with the Principality of Sancratosia at least 3 months prior to the signature of the treaty;
- Being able to communicate with the Principality of Sancratosia in English or French;
Some exceptions are provided for that allows the Principality to sign a treaty with a nation that does not fulfill the requirements listed in the policy:
- Having been in existence for more than 5 years;
- Having attended a micronational summit attended by at least 5 nations;
- Having the Lingua Franca Nova has an official, national or recognized language;
- Being geographically located near the Principality of Sancratosia;
- Being a member state of an intergovernmental organization in which the Principality of Sancratosia is also a member state;
The policy also provides conditions for the immediate refusal to sign a treaty or for its revocation once signed:
- Having practices or legislation in clear opposition with the core values and principles of Sancratosia;
- Harbouring individuals which have been found guilty of having committed a crime in Sancratosia;
Similar guidelines exists for the participation of Sancratosia in intermicronational organizations, the signature of international treaties or agreements and the participation to international movements.
The policy also reaffirms the neutrality of the Principality in all conflicts.
Despite its general policy of de facto and de jure recognition of states, Sancratosia is selective in its bilateral relations, establishing relations with states that share the Sancratosian values and principles and aims for similar goals, which was reaffirmed since the adoption of its foreign policy in 2023. Since 15 December 2022United Nations geoscheme., for administrative purposes, nations are classified in diplomatic divisions which are taken from the
|Country||First diplomatic communications||Treaty signed||Diplomatic division||Notes|
|Republic of Abenica||6 January 2022||Treaty signed on 6 January 2022||Southern Europe|
|Principality of Aigues-Mortes||4 August 2022||Treaty signed on 29 May 2023||Western Europe|
|Kingdom of Akxcalonia||27 July 2022||Treaty signed on 1 August 2023||Northern America||Attendee of MicroCon 2023|
|Republic of Arkazja||24 May 2022||Treaty signed on 31 May 2022||Eastern Europe|
|Francophone Atlantic Federation||5 July 2022||Treaty signed on 14 July 2022||Western Europe[b]|
|Principality of Carnovia||2 March 2022||Treaty signed on 5 March 2022||Eastern Europe|
|Cheskgariyan-Litvanian Commonwealth||8 February 2022||Treaty signed on 9 February 2022||Western Europe[c]||Member of the Grand Unified Micronational|
|Socialist Republic of Cotter Menaceland||14 August 2023||Treaty signed on 19 August 2023||Northern America||Attendee of MicroCon 2023|
|Grand Republic of Cycoldia||2 February 2022||Treaty signed on 11 August 2022||Northern America|
|Parliamentary Monarchy of Duckionary||26 August 2022||Treaty signed on 5 September 2022||Western Europe|
|Kingdom of Ebenthal||6 July 2022||Treaty signed on 6 July 2022||South America||Member of the Conference of Santiago|
|People's Republic of Edristan||11 March 2022||Treaty signed on 14 July 2022||Western Europe||Included a trading agreement|
|Grand Duchy of Eskeria||14 April 2022||Treaty signed on 21 June 2023||South America|
|United Kingdom of Great Realeza||7 June 2022||Treaty signed on 29 June 2022||Southern Asia|
|Empire of Librazi||15 September 2022||Treaty signed on 20 September 2022||South America|
|Republic of Lomoria||8 February 2022||Treaty signed on 9 February 2022||South America|
|Principality of Moscha||29 May 2022||Treaty signed on 31 May 2022||Western Europe|
|New Richmond Republic||9 February 2022||Treaty signed on 4 March 2022||Northern America||Sancratosian embassy established in New Richmond|
|Republic of Poggio Corese||23 April 2022||Treaty signed on 15 May 2022||Southern Europe|
|Kingdom of Queensland||28 February 2022||Treaty signed on 6 March 2022||Southeastern Asia|
|Westarctican Colony of Raphania||7 June 2022||Treaty signed on 25 August 2022||Northern America|
| Newgraviate of Saint-Castin
|2 March 2022||Treaty signed on 21 January 2023||Northern America|
|Kingdom of Salanda||3 December 2021||Treaty signed on 14 December 2021||Northern Europe|
|Democratic Republic of Satoshi||3 April 2022||Treaty signed on 25 May 2022||Western Europe[d]||Attendee of Digi Micro Summit|
|United Kingdom of Serramwen||23 September 2022||Treaty signed on 13 October 2022||Northern America|
|Kingdom of Sildavia||11 January 2022||Treaty signed on 13 January 2022||South America||Member of the Conference of Santiago|
|Republic of Tinland||5 August 2022||Treaty signed on 14 August 2022||Northern America||Member of the Grand Unified Micronational|
|Republic of Toubak||15 June 2023||Treaty signed on 10 July 2023||Western Affrica||Attendee of Digi Micro Summit|
|Republic of Todia||2 June 2022||Treaty signed on 8 June 2022||Southern Europe||Attendee of Digi Micro Summit|
|Republic of Upper Shwartz Morgen Lorgen Land||2 March 2023||Treaty signed on 14 April 2023||Eastern Europe||G16 Summit Participant|
|Principality of Valumar||14 October 2022||Treaty signed on 1 November 2022||Southern Europe|
|Vishwamitra||10 December 2021||Treaty signed on 2 March 2022||Southern Asia|
|Wakoku Federation||7 October 2022||Treaty signed on 10 November 2022||Eastern Asia|
|Kingdom of Wellmoore||5 December 2021||Treaty signed on 14 December 2021||Northern Europe||Member of the International Aerospace Community|
|Principality of Xomley||22 August 2022||Treaty signed on 6 September 2022||Northern America[f]|
- Aerican Empire[g]
- Empire of Aeternia[h]
- Technocratic Republic of Aethodia[h]
- Kingdom of Argesta
- Empire of Asterton
- Second Empire of Atiera
- Kingdom of Aurelion
- Beatus Cras[h][g]
- Kingdom of BeeTopia
- Principality of Beremagne
- Berry Empire
- Kingdom of Blazdonia
- Rank Republic of Bolgajna
- Empire of Calypso
- Commonwealth of Dracul[i]
- Kingdom of Egemonica
- Kingdom of Eintrachtia
- Sovereign Nation of Emory[i]
- Kingdom of Fergus[h]
- Southern Kingdom of Freiheitland
- Federated States of Gapla[h]
- Kingdom of Great Esteria
- Kingdom of Hurikano
- Principality of Hyeck
- Kingdom of Jamestown
- Empire of Karnia-Ruthenia[g]
- Royal Republic of Ladonia[h][g]
- United Principalities of Lochaber and Glencoe
- Republic of Lonstrina[j]
- Captaincy of Lovinia
- Kingdom of Manso
- Archduchy of Mimas
- Republic of Molossia[h][g]
- Principality of Mons
- Federated Micronations of Musania
- Free Nation of New Athens[g]
- New Rubix Republic[i]
- New Weddington Isles
- Republic of Nordale
- Ambulatory Free States of Obsidia[h]
- Pearson Republic[g]
- Kingdom of Pibocip[h][g]
- Republic of Poets[i]
- Kingdom of Quinta Velha
- Kingdom of Ruritania[h][g]
- Free State of Sabini
- State of Sandus
- United Slabovian Empire[h][g]
- United Territories of the Sovereign Nation of The People's Republic of Slowjamastan[h][g]
- Republic of Soundland[h][g]
- Federal Constitutional Kingdom of Sylvalia
- Free State of Triduoria[i]
- Grand Duchy of Westarctica[h][g]
- Republic of West Who[h][g]
- Principality of Woodlandia
Former official relations
- Imperial City of Vurmond[k][l], Treaty revoked on 24 March 2022 .
- Republic of Istria[l], Treaty revoked on 7 April 2022 .
- Principality of Veraburgo[m], Treaty revoked on 7 April 2022 .
- Democratic Republic of Denbar, Treaty revoked on 21 August 2022 .
- United Provinces of Columbia[l], Treaty revoked on 14 December 2022 .
Sancratosia is a member state of the following organizations:
- Conference of Santiago (CS), since 20 February 2022
- Constantia Pact (CONPACT), since 2 March 2022
- Grand Unified Micronational (GUM), since 3 October 2022[n]
- International Aerospace Community (IAC), since 17 June 2022
- Laurentian Micronational Cooperative Union (LMCU), since 11 March 2023
- Lindenrouge Group (LG), since 12 April 2022
- Micronational Olympic Federation (MOF), since 21 April 2022
- Micronation Postal Association (MPA), since 7 June 2022
- Organisation de la MicroFrancophonie (OMF), since 3 April 2023
- Union Against Micronational War (UAMW), since 17 December 2021
Sancratosia was a member state of the following organizations:
- Alliance of the Micronations (AOTM), from 17 December 2021 to 28 January 2023
- Commonwealth of Sovereignties (ComSov), from 24 February 2022 to 28 January 2023
Sancratosia was an observer state of the following organizations:
- Micronational Assembly (MA), from 5 January 2022 to 28 January 2023
Sancratosia is a signatory of the following treaties, conventions and accords:
- Wrythe Convention
- Edgbaston Convention
- Augusta Accord
- La Salle Convention
- Montediszamble Convention
- Treaty of Persenburg[o]
- Protocol of Goetha[o]
- Convention of Mauritsstad[o]
- Treaty of Santiago[o]
- Convention of Fruchemburg
- Protocol of Klöw
- Chyše Charter
- Cyber Hostility Intervention Comprehensive Agreement Governing Offense (C.H.I.C.A.G.O.)
Sancratosia is involved in the following movements:
- 2022 Winter Olympics boycott
- 2022 FIFA World Cup boycott
- 2022 Reaction to the Russo-Ukrainian war
Sancratosia participated in the following micronational meetings:
- 1st Vishwamitra-Conference of Santiago Heads of State Summit Meeting, 3 July 2022
- Saint-Castin–Sancratosia Petite-Bourgogne Meeting, 21 January 2023
- Participants: Saint-Castin
- G16 Summit 2023, 11 February 2023
- 2023 General Assembly of the Organisation de la MicroFrancophonie, 30 April 2023
- MicroCon 2023, 29 June 2023 -2 July 2023
- Ladonia (Host)
- Beatus Cras
- Cotter Menaceland
- Cycoldian Imperium
- Duck Island Federation
- Micronational Olympic Federation
- North Barchant
- New Athens
- Shadows and Darkness
- Terra Excelsior
- Wojcikslavia and Poland
- West Who
Sancratosia maintains a list of countries and sovereign entities which are aligned or partially aligned with Sancratosian values. Businesses and people coming from countries not present on the list may be barred from interacting with Sancratosia, especially when it comes to citizenship applications. The list is also used to establish the visa policy of Sancratosia. During the summer of 2022, the list was updated in the wake of the reversal of Roe v. Wade, to include a metric on abortion rights.
- List of ambassadors of Sancratosia
- List of diplomatic missions in Sancratosia
- List of diplomatic missions of Sancratosia
- Visa requirements for Sancratosian citizens
- Visa policy of Sancratosia
- Can be physical or digital material.
- Attributed to the Western Europe division because of the location of the capital.
- Attributed to the Western Europe division because of the location of the capital.
- Formerly part of the Caribbean Divison.
- Vishwamitra was a member from 12 May 2022 until 29 October or 1 November 2022, either the date of its withdrawal or expulsion from the Conference.
- Attributed to the Northern America division because of the location of the capital.
- Attendee of MicroCon 2023.
- Attendee of MicroCon 2022.
- Attendee of Digi Micro Summit.
- Also known as the Kingdom of Lonstrina.
- Also known as the Principality of Vurmond and the Autonomy State of Vurmond.
- Nation dissolved.
- Nation absorbed.
- Sancratosia was an observer state from 22 February 2022 until 31 July 2022 and a provisional member state from 31 July 2022 until 3 October 2022.
- As requirement for accession to membership status in the Conference of Santiago.
- Full list of registrants and attendees.
- As Secretary-General of the Organisation de la MicroFrancophonie.
- Full list of registrants and attendees.
- Principality of Sancratosia, "International recognition", sancratosia.org
- Principality of Sancratosia (20 January 2023), "Foreign policy of the Principality of Sancratosia", sancratosia.org
- Principality of Sancratosia (15 December 2022), "Sovereign Ordinance no 117 of 15 December 2022 on the establishment of diplomatic divisions", sancratosia.org
- Principality of Sancratosia (18 December 2021), "The Government of Sancratosia is proud to officially participate in this intermicronational effort to #BoycottBeijing2022 initiated by @VanIsleDominion.", Twitter
- Principality of Sancratosia (5 January 2022), "Today, we officially join the micronational boycott initiated by the Republic of Abenica.", Twitter
- Principality of Sancratosia (24 February 2022), "The Principality condemns the invasion of Ukraine.", Twitter
- Desaintes, Dominic (24 March 2022), "Le Ministre-president Desaintes rencontre la Princesse Cloe de Sancratosia", L'Union de Saint-Castin
- State of Vishwamitra (3 July 2022), "Leaders of the Conference of Santiago member states and Vishwamitran dignitaries attended the 1st Heads of State level summit between Vishwamitra and the Conference of Santiago.", Twitter
- "Official website", MicroCon 2022
- Desaintes, Dominic (26 January 2023), "Renforcement diplomatique entre Saint-Castin et Sancratosia à travers la découverte des quartiers historiques de la Petite-Bourgogne et de Saint-Henri", L'Union de Saint-Castin
- de Sancratosia, Cloe (28 January 2023), "Official diplomatic relations between Sancratosia and Saint-Castin", La Ganso Coronada
- "Official website", MicroCon 2023
- Principality of Sancratosia, "2022 Annual list of aligned countries and sovereign entities" (PDF), sancratosia.org