Kingdom of Serramwen
United Kingdom of Serramwen
|Anthem: Hail to thee, Serramwen!
Hail to thee, Serramwen! Hail, hail to thee! Send us victorious Happy and glorious Filling us with pure delight. God leads us all.
May justice spread through thee We have no doubts or fears. God leads us all. Sing out in glory, Singing in harmony To the nation we’ve become.God lead us all.
|North Carolina, United States|
and largest city
• 2023 census
The United Kingdom of Serramwen, more commonly known as Serramwen, is a micronation in North Carolina. The nation was created by the current monarch and founder Eugene I on January 7 of 2021 as the Kingdom of Serramwen. The micronation is a Constitutional Monarchy, with Eugene I as head of state. The capital is Qrethull and the largest city is currently also Qurethull. The official language/s of Serramwen is English. The constitution of Serramwen was introduced in January 2021 and signed by Eugene I on January 7 of 2021.
Before it's creation, Serramwen was part of North Carolina. The nation was founded and on January 7 of 2020 by our Founder/Monarch Eugene I. It was founded because of the fascination and interests of the micronational ideas and communities. The constitution was signed on January 7 of 2021.
Acknowledgment of Sovereignty Over The Republic of Bushistan
After almost two years of dispute over the claims of the United Kingdom of Serramwen on the defunct Republic of Bushistan, the longstanding dispute was finally settled on the 27th of October, the President of Bushistan, Maximilian released a statement addressed to the Government of the United Kingdom of Serramwen making a statement regarding the Sovereignty of the United Kingdom of Serramwen's De Jure claims over Bushistan which recognized the Kingdom of Serramwen as the Sovereign state in control of Bushistan, effectively ending the Republic and starting the Bushi Diaspora.
Politics and Government
The government comprises three branches:
- Legislative: The bicameral Parliament, made up of the House of Lords and House of Commons, which makes federal law, declares war, approves treaties, has the power of the purse, and has the power of impeachment, by which it can remove sitting members of the government.
- Executive: The Prime Minister, who leads the Government's Day to day business on advice and consent of the Monarch
- Judicial: The Supreme Court and lower federal courts, whose judges are appointed by the Monarch, interpret laws and overturn those they find unconstitutional. The Supreme Court, led by the Chief Justice of the United Kingdom of Serramwen, has currently one member, who serves for life.
The United Kingdom of Serramwen is divided into 4 Provinces.
|Name||Capital||Abbreviation||Elevated||Flag||Coat of Arms|
|Southina||Qrethull||SN||Jan. 7th, 2021||WIP||WIP|
|Neke||Bridleyholme||NK||Jan. 7th, 2021||WIP||WIP|
|Audele||Humroe||AU||Jan. 7th, 2021||WIP||WIP|
|Landne||Dinstree||LD||Jan. 7th, 2021||WIP||WIP|
Other Territories and Realms
|Name||Capital||Abbreviation||Elevated||Flag||Coat of Arms|
|Republic Australina||WIP||AU||May 26th, 2022||WIP||WIP|
|Sultanate of Javai||WIP||JA||May 26th, 2022||WIP||WIP|
|Republic of Bushistan||WIP||BU||Feburary 2nd, 2021||WIP||WIP|
The United Kingdom of Serramwen informally recognizes all micronations, however does on a case-by-case basis, make official recognition with other micronations. A strict code of conduct and set of requirements must be adhered to in order for official recognition to be granted.
- The requesting micronation must be in existence for at least 1 year. The micronation must not have drastically changed their government style within the past 6 months. In addition, the micronation must have an actual purpose for existing.
- The micronation must have a website or social media account, explaining their government style, leaders, and citizenship information. The information must show progress from the start of existence. If a micronation cannot prove they’ve existed from their claimed start date, they will be rejected.
- All micronations must make reasonable claims. The United Kingdom of Serramwen will not establish a treaty with a micronation that claims the land of an entire city, state, county, or country. In addition, the micronation cannot claim an entire population without those people’s knowledge.
- The micronation must physically exist. Micronations that exist virtually, have fake history, inaccurate population, or claim land on other planets will not be approved.
- Any micronation that has inconsistent data with their history will be under further review, pending the treaty acceptance (i.e. existing since 2018, but having only 2 citizens).
- The United Kingdom of Serramwen will not engage in diplomacy with micronations that declare war on each other, hold terroristic ties with others, or who seriously declare war on U.N. recognized countries.
- Any micronation that acts in an unprofessional manner, appears to be a simulation, does not hold true dedication, uses copyrighted images as their own or targets legally protected groups will not be approved.
- The United Kingdom of Serramwen will not discuss diplomacy with micronations who operate in a Marxist, Leninist, Nazi, Anarchist, or Anti-Semitism style.
- Leaders of a micronation must be real people. There may be animals within the royal family, however, they cannot be a ruling party of the government.
- The highest ruling person must be of legal age in order to be recognized. This means anyone serving as a leader, monarch, or president, who is under the age of 17 will not be recognized.
|Allies||Non-aggression||Mutual recognition||Unilateral recognition||Partial||Illegitimate|
|Tsardom of Begon|| Principality of Sancratosia
Democratic Republic of the United and Continuous Empire
Kingdom of Esteria
The Nation's Defense currently consists of the United Kingdom's Imperial Guard, along with the Crown Division and the Royal Navy.
Originally created to provide a military-style structure for those interested in a disciplined regimen and ceremonial services, The Secretary of the Home Office underwent major reforms to provide national security for the United Kingdom. The current Secretary of the Home Office is Christoph Billung
The Imperial Guard of the United Kingdom of Serramwen is considered the foundation of the national defense with contributions to defense reform and restructure. The Imperial Guard provides the United Kingdom of Serramwen with a standing defensive posture on the ground and deterrent to hostilities. The Imperial Guard currently consists of Officer Corps and enlisted personnel along with the Crown Division for the Monarch's security detail.
The Royal Navy is the Naval & Maritime component of the Military, providing naval operations and technical abilities to the military. Some of their duties are weather monitoring, drone operations, among others.
Culture and Media
The national identity of Serramwen is tied to many traditional American values. The nation was initially founded upon a basis of opposition to current American politics, and out of frustration with the decisions the US government have made.It's citizens are all tax paying, law abiding citizens who live peacefully alongside the people of their much larger host nation. The culture of Serramwen reflects it's ethnically diverse population and features an eclectic assortment of art, music and cuisine. Being a predominantly secular state, most citizens of the Monarchy are followers of various spiritual beliefs, and all religions are openly accepted. The government of Serramwen upholds the highest possible standard of human rights, tolerance, sexual orientation and diversity. The country guarantees universal equal rights to citizens and visitors of all walks of life. Like its neighbor, English is the dominant language.
The United Kingdom of Serramwen has a diverse pool of citizens consisting of all walks of life. The majority of citizens are un-married, and the nation is predominantly male. Regardless, many women are members of Dracul and contribute meaningfully to the day-to-day running of the nation.
Mainstream Serramwenese cuisine is similar to that in other Western countries. Wheat is the primary cereal grain with about three-quarters of grain products made of wheat flour and many dishes use indigenous ingredients, such as turkey, venison, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, squash, and maple syrup which were consumed by Native Americans and early European settlers. These homegrown foods are part of a shared national menu on Serramwen's most popular holidays. Characteristic dishes such as apple pie, fried chicken, pizza, hamburgers, and hot dogs derive from the recipes of various immigrants. French fries, Mexican dishes such as burritos and tacos, and pasta dishes freely adapted from Italian sources are widely consumed.
International recognition - Principality of Sancratosia
Laws of the United Kingdom of Serramwen
Citations & References
- United Kingdom of Serramwen (1 Janurary 2021) "Constitution of the Kingdom of Serramwen" kingdomofserramwen.org
- United Kingdom of Serramwen (26 May 2022) "Treaty of Australinaian Integration" kingdomofserramwen.org
- United Kingdom of Serramwen (26 May 2022) "Treaty of Javaian Integration" kingdomofserramwen.org
- United Kingdom of Serramwen (26 May 2022) "Kingdom of Serramwen Document of Official Alliance (In Favor of a Pontunian Alliance with the Kingdom of Serramwen)" kingdomofserramwen.org
- Principality of Sancratosia (15 October 2022) "Testo ru de la Trata entre Sancratosia e Serramwen" sancratosia.org
- Kingdom of Wynnland (16 October 2022) "Treaty of Wynnland" kingdomofserramwen.org
- Tsardom of Begon (19 October 2022) "Treaty of Pressley" kingdomofserramwen.org
- United Kingdom of Serramwen (9 November 2022) "First Act of Union" kingdomofserramwen.org
- United Kingdom of Serramwen (2 April 2023) "Treaty of Qrethull" kingdomofserramwen.org