Tarik of Sabia and Verona
|Duke of Evra, King of the Valtirians
|Reign||23 August 2015 – present|
|Coronation||23 August 2015|
|Reign||30 June 2017 – present|
7 January 2019 – 1 April 2019
1 October 2013 – 1 October 2014
18 October 2012 – 1 April 2013
|Tarik Kodavái Karjasari Groxi|
|House||Karjasari – Hasaraši[n 1]|
|Father||Prince Ískandu Hasaraši|
|Mother||Princess Koda Karjasari|
|Born||17 August 1999|
|Motto||Ele Sourg • Ele Mourg|
- In this traditional Sabian name, Kodavái is the matronymic and Karjasari is the family name.
Tarik Karjasari, Duke of Evra[n 2] IOB AV RS (Sabian: tarik kodavái karjasari; /kḁɾʝaˈsaːɾi/ born 17 August 1999), sometimes known as Ricky, is the king of Sabia and Verona. One of the nation's founding fathers, he served two non-consecutive terms as its Governor before being crowned King of the Valtirians on 23 August 2015, succeeding Queen Isadora. He is also a citizen of Abelden; Kârjasary is the Grand Duke of Rai, a federal state of Abelden. Additionally, Kârjasary is Chief Editor of The SiV Phonograph and L'Sydunche. For a brief time from January to April 2019, Kârjasary was the Vorsitzender (head of government) of Abelden.
Since early 2011, Kârjasary has been the head of state of many micronational states, most of which were fouded or co-founded by him. These micronations became known in the MicroWiki community for their short periods of existence, and received the name of "Garrshirian micronations", for Kârjasary's former micronational name, Richard Garrshire. Since the establishment of Sabia and Verona in 2012, the Garrshirian sector (nowadays also known as the Valtir Sector) has achieved relative stability.
Kârjasary first became involved in micronationalism in 2011 with the foundation of the Republic of Cizland. Though holding the office of Foreign Minister, he acted as the short-lived micronation's leader until its dissolution only a few weeks after its creation. After this, Cizland was succeeded by a series of ephemeral micronations, all claiming territory in what is now known as the Valtir Sector. Most of these Valtirian states had elements of geofiction and sockpuppeting. In June 2011 the Berinese Confederation was established; Berin was the first of Kârjasary's states to become an active part of the MicroWiki community, and the first of the sector's micronations to be free of sockpuppeting. However like its predecesors it wasn't long until it dissolved into minor states: the Republic of Berin was founded in September 2011.
Many other micronations followed, some of the most prominent being the Union of Artaghe, the State of Dakrit, which became the base for the modern Church of the Pahun and Montriac, which became prominent for its involvement in the Kossian Civil War. In past occasions Karjasari has referred to the Union of Artaghe as the "golden age" of the Garrshirian sector.
Sabia and Verona
Early Sabia and Verona
In later October 2012 the Valtir Sector had just seen the dissolution of yet another of its states, Listva, a colony of the Würtige Empire. This time Karjasari turned his attention to Juclandia. After holding talks with King Ciprian the Kingdom of Sabia and Verona was established: an overseas territory of the Romanian micronation in the Valtir. From the foundation of Sabia and Verona and the first meeting of its Legislative Courts on 18 October 2012, Karjasari oversaw Sabia and Verona as Governor of the newly founded nation. As Governor, he acted as the Sabioveronese representative of the King of Juclandia. At first, Karjasari was linked to the Socialist Party, the nation's largest political organization led by Prime Minister Napoléon Bleuberrie, but with the new laws that came with the Karasal Treaty of December 2012 he saw himself forced to abandon his affiliation to the party.
His first term as Governor concluded on 20 April 2013, and he was succeded by Isadora Annenak who was accepted by King Ciprian on Karjasari's recommendation. After stepping down as Governor, he founded the Strawberry Party a satire, pacifist political alliance that assumed a minor role in Sabioveronese politics. The party participated in the May 2013 general elections with Ryam Piper as its candidate. Soon after the general election, Karjasari along with other Strawberry Party members got involved with the leadership of the Free Suyu Front (FSF). FSF leader Hidram Cerwyn originally proposed the idea of merging the XAM and the FSF into one larger political party. This proposal was voted in a dual party congress held on June 10, 2013. That day, the XAM and the FSF were officially merged into the Roots Party. This party grew to become the second largest political party in Sabia and Verona, thanks to the success of the union of the two original associations. However Kârjasary left the party after the merger.
On 20 October 2013 Kârjasary was re-elected by the Kign Ciprian as Sabia and Verona's governor for a second six-month term. In February 2014 he became the Governor to a new Monarch of Sabia and Verona, Isadora of Annenak, who would become the first Queen of the Valtirians. Alongside Aina Oehler, he was one of the witnesses of the new Queen's coronation on 27 April 2014. In October 2014, near the end of his second term as Governor, Karjasari was created Duke of Evra following the introduction of the Sabioveronese peerage. After stepping down, he was succeeded by the Deputy Governor, Brooklyn Emmanuel, Marquis of Saamark, who became interum Governor. Saria Josephine would eventually assume the position. Following the end of his tenure, he assumed a more passive role in Sabioveronese politics, becoming Queen Isadora's political advisor and intermediary between the Queen and Salisse. Even then, he continued to represent Sabia and Verona in foreign contexts, though the Federation's isolation from the intermicronational sphere made these occasions rare.
Reign as King
In early August 2015 he became a pivotal member of the Haronos Plan. The plan proposed establishing a Sabioveronese outpost outside Venezuela, as the economic, social and political situation in the macronation became more unpredictable. On 17 August 2015, Queen Isadora stepped down as it became evident the Sabioveronese new claims in Argentina (the chosen destination of Haronos) would become the Kingdom's new administrative center. The provisions of the Congress of Salisse, held the day before, filtered the candidates listed on the Book of Electors to two possible options for the Royal Election: Karjasari and his younger brother Kaj, at the time 8 years of age. Deemed unfit to rule, Kaj was taken out of the pool of electors and thus Tarik's claim became uncontested. On 23 August 2015, the day Isadora's abdication came into effect, he was declared the new King of the Valtirians.
He was crowned in Salisse the day of his proclamation as the nation's new monarch. Two days later, now bearing the title of King of the Valtirians, he commanded the first state of the Haronos Plan and on 25 August 2015 he became one of the founders of the City of Alios in Argentina, which became the Kingdom's new capital. From this new capital city he oversaw the adoption of a new Constitution of Sabia and Verona, and thus became the new head of the federal citizenship as the position of Governor was abolished.
Tarik's early reign saw the implementation of a new economic policy led by Prime Minister Shounn Virny that saw the internal growth of the national economy, aided by the creation of the National Bank of Sabia and Verona and the adoption of the groxi as the Kingdom's currency. In late February 2016, Tarik signed the Alios Agreement with Ciprian of Juclandia, officially disbanding the Federal Union of Juclandian Lands government and re-establishing the Federation as an intermicronational economic and cultural union, officially securing the Sabioveronese independence from Jucaresti.
On 24 February 2017, Tarik surpassed Isadora as the longest-reigning monarch of Sabia and Verona and longest-serving head of state of any Valtirian sector micronation. In March 2017, Tarik released two royal decrees, one dissolving the Order of the Steel Ring, and another modifying the royal titles. On 21 April 2017, Tarik ratified the third Constitution of Sabia and Verona.
Throughout 2018 and 2019, Tarik extensively reworked the Book of Electors, removing lineages that were no longer related to Sabia and Verona and adding new lineages with potential successors to the Valtirian throne. The Hasaraši lineage, to which Tarik himself belongs through his father Ískandu, saw the addition of four of its members to the Book. In December 2019 Tarik granted the title of "prince" (ravái) to a non-royal individual for the first time in Sabia and Verona's history, granting the honorary title to Ima Bašo, Duke of Ixuħreti. That same month, Tarik issued a royal decree changing his title from His Royal Highness to His Plushen Majesty, in a drive to reconnect Sabia and Verona to its plushie roots. The title change was later ratified through a constitutional amendment, approved through a referendum.
Since 2017, Karjasari has been involved in Abeldane politics. He was first appointed in June 2017 as member of the Reichsversammlung for the Labour Party. On 30 June, he was granted the title of Grand Duke of Rai, becoming one of the Empire's federal monarchs. Karjasari was one of the proponents of the merger between Labour and the Social Ecology Party (SEPA), what would become Abeldane Social Ecology (ASE). He would later become part of the Abeldane government as Attorney General in the fourth Renwick ministry. In August 2017 he was appointed Head of the Reichswahlkommission, the Empire's electoral commission, and was one of the authors of the Electoral Systems Act 2017, which implemented the single transferable vote (STV) sytem in Abeldane federal elections.
Following ASE's victory in the August 2017 federal election, Karjasari became Minister of Orthography in Newton von Uberquie's government. He kept the position when Stellvertreter Ava Neasa succeeded von Uberquie the following month. He was succeeded by Brandon Wu when the 28th ministry took office on 25 December 2017. In January 2018, Karjasari resigned from his position in the Reichswahlkommission.
Karjasari announced his intention to run for Vorsitzender in the December 2018 federal election in November 2018. His campaign focused on the establishment of protected areas in the Empire, the creation of an upper house to the Reichsversammlung to ensure federal representation, and revive Abelden's media outlets. He received ASE's nomination later that month, and eventually won the election against Die Rechte's Shiro Mephistopheles with 52% of the vote; his ministry – the 33rd ministry in Abelden overall – took office on 7 January 2019.
His administration as Vorsitzender saw the implementation of of term limits for the head of government and legislatures, as well as the institution of an electoral calendar. Karjasari also authored the Protected Areas Act, which established a legal framework for the protection of green areas in federal states, in line with the ASE manifesto. Karjasari did not run for re-election in the March 2019 executive election, and was succeeded by Edward Daniels.
Following his term as Vorsitzender, Karjasari opted to focus on Rai affairs and left ASE to create the Batu Party, a regionalist state party in the Grand Duchy of Rai. Throughout 2019 and 2010 the Grand Duchy saw a number of policies authored by its Grand Duke, namely the expansion of its territorial claims in Batori in January 2019, and the adoption of a constitution through grand ducal decree in May 2020. The Charter granted ample executive, legislative and judicial powers to the Monarchy, whilst establishing the framework for the formation of a consultative assembly named Bok.
Grand Unified Micronational
On Tarik's initiative, Sabia and Verona became an observer member of the Grand Unified Micronational in January 2017, and was accepted as a full member of the organization on 17 April 2017. In April 2017, Karjasari became Secretary for Statistical Research, heading the newly reformed Secretariat for Statistical Research (SSR). Under his leadership, the Statistics Secretariat released the first GUM Quarterly Statistical Report and the second. In September 2017, Karjasari was elected Vice-Chair of the organization under Chair Henry Clément, occupying the vacancy left by Newton von Uberquie following his resignation, and on 15 October 2017, he was succeeded as Statistics Secretary by King Adam of Überstadt. He briefly continued to serve as Vice Chair under King Adam when he was elected Chair on 25 December 2017, and was finally succeeded by King Max of Jupiter on 14 January 2018.
In 2019, after several months of failing to attend quorums, Sabia and Verona was threatened with expulsion from the organization on the grounds of inactivity. On 14 October 2019, Tarik instructed the Valtirian Parliament to denounce the GUM Charter following the organization's established procedure to terminate membership, stating in a public letter that he was no longer able to fulfill his duties as the Kingdom's representative; the Parliament passed the resolution the same day. However, due to the resolution not being presented before the Quorum in person (as the Charter mandates), it was dismissed by the organization and Sabia and Verona was instead expelled on 20 October 2019.
Karjasari is of Basque Argentine descent through his mother and indigenous descent through his father; Karjasari's maternal grandparents were Argentines of Navarrese Basque origin, while his paternal family is of mixed Wayuu and criollo origin. Aside his native Spanish, Karjasari is fluent in English and speaks some German, which was his first language growing up. He has developed several conlang, most notably Sabian, the official language of Sabia and Verona. He identifies as queer.
Tarik is an amateur artist; recurrent themes in his art include Valtirian mythology scenes and official portraits, of which he has done for both Sabioveronese and foreign figures. He also writes ocasionally and has been the chief editor of The SiV Phonograph since 2012 and mbirág aliosin since 2020; Karjasari also contributes regularly to L'Sydunche and Telenot.jc.
He is irreligious, though he adheres to the ideals of the Church of the Pahun, which he founded, and he was raised in the Roman Catholic faith. His reigning name, Tarik, is of Arab origin and has also been spelt as Tarek and Tarêk in Sabioveronese sources. It was standardized to its current form in 2016.
Karjasari's politics have historically been left-of-centre, he is an environmentalist and is a staunch supporter of women's and LGBT+ rights. He supports the legalization of cannabis, legal access to abortion (particularly in the context of the 2018 debate on the legalization of abortion in Argentina) and the introduction of legal protections for LGBT+ people. Karjasari has in several occasions criticized the PSUV government of Venezuela under the leaderships of Hugo Chávez and Nicolás Maduro. In Sabia and Verona, he has chosen to remain neutral of the Kingdom's politics, as did previous rulers Isadora and Ciprian, though during his first term as governor he was affiliated with the Socialist Party of Napoléon Bleuberrie.
Titles and honours
|Monarchical styles of|
|Reference style||His Plushen Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Plushen Majesty|
Domestically, Karjasari is officially addressed as "His Plushen Majesty", though the equally reverent Sabian barbunolann is commonly used, and the shorter form "olann" is also accepted in less formal contexts. Though officially, he may be called "Tarik of Karjasari" (tarik karjasaro), the common use of his civil name is more usual and expected in informal situations. In the Church of the Pahun he is either known as Haerpyer Ashkuusinu (during his first rule) or simply Haerpyer (currently, for his second rule), but these names are rarely used outside the religious institution.
In addition to his royal title, to which he was elected, he also holds the peerage title of Duke of Evra, which (unlike the Valtirian crown) is hereditary; the heir-presumptive of this title is Tarik's younger brother, the Duke of Monesari.
King Tarik has held the titles:
- His Grace, King of Lycem, etc; 29 December 2012 – 23 February 2014
- The Honorable, Lord Elector of the Kingdom; 23 February 2014 – 1 October 2014
- His Grace, the Duke of Evra; 1 October 2014 – present.
- His Plushen Majesty, the King of the Valtirians, etc; 23 August 2015 – present
- In the Church of the Pahun: His Holiness, the High Priest of the Pahun
His full royal title is as follows:
- His Plushen Majesty, By the Will of his People, King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra, Maestre of the Imperial Order of the Baphomet and the Order of the Needle, Senior Marshal of the Order of the Hummingbird.
Which is in Sabian:
- barbunolann, sunideroti geninnán, rai valtirgeninnán, senna avendrannán, tai bunarinn, aibarág evrañ, aiakrí airraidaibokinnán babametoná, aiakrí aidaibokinnán varagonnán, aegroakrí daibokinnán sanaħasonnán.
- 4th Class of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Atlantis – 2011
- Presidential Award of Merit and Honour of Ashukovo – 2013
- Knight of the Most Excellent Order of the Wildebeest – 1 October 2014
- Imperial Knight of the Austenasian Order – 7 December 2015
- Knight of the Order of the Shorewellese Crown – 24 April 2017
- Knight of the Abeldane Order – 20 June 2017
- Commander of the Order of the Rampant Lion – 11 August 2017
- Knight of the Order of the Kapurthalan Elephant – 31 December 2017
- Commander of the Order of St. Philip the Apostle – 16 December 2018
- Knight of the Order of Dagon – 31 July 2020
- Knight of the Royal Ebenthali Order – 2 January 2021
- Knight of the Order of Prince Ludwig Gaston of Saxe-Coburg and Braganza – 5 July 2022
|Ancestors of Tarik of Sabia and Verona|
- ↑ "HPM King Tarik". sivgov.wixsite.com. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (20 October 2014). “Bi” is not for “bisexual”: Two years of Sabia and Verona. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (25 December 2012). My micronational history: retrospective. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (24 April 2013). Editorial: Annenak, Lycem and the upcoming elections. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (14 August 2015). The eternal laurels, the peculiar Exodus and the Braganza way. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (28 February 2017). Risen from ruins: the future of the Juclandian community. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (1 March 2017). King releases two royal decrees, modifies royal title, dissolves Order. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (20 April 2017). Sabia and Verona has a new constitution. The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ "King names first-ever non-royal prince". The SiV Phonograph. 17 December 2019. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Karjasari, Tarik (14 January 2020). "Voters approve constitutional amendments in delayed referendum". The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ Neasa, Ava. (10 August 2017). Newton leads Vorsitzender polls; Labour merges with SEPA. L'Sydunche. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ Freayth, Stephen. (26 August 2017). ASE forms coalition government with ANP and IPA. L'Sydunche. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ "PROPOSALS" Tarik for Vorsitzender. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- ↑ "Karjasari government takes office" L'Sydunche. 7 January 2019. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- ↑ "Final results of the March 2019 executive election". Reichswahlkommission. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (15 January 2019). "Rai expands territorial claims". L'Sydunche. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- ↑ "baraibarakuróa karim toagaku". mbirág aliosin (in Sabian). 16 May 2020. Retrieved 16 May 2020.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (17 April 2017). GUM accepts Sabia and Verona as full member. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ I GUM Quarterly Statistical Report. Secretariat for Statistical Research. Grand Unified Micronational. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ↑ Sinclair, Liam (13 November 2017). "GUM activity raises wider concern" The Coprieta Standard. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- ↑ "Oficina de S.A.R. el Rey de les Valtiries". 14 October 2019. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ Resolución de denuncia de la Carta de la Gran Micronacional Unificada, No. de expediente TA3.5-2019". Parliament of Sabia and Verona (in Spanish). 14 October 2019. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ "Quorum Motion ME240: That Sabia and Verona be expelled from the Grand Unified Micronational". 20 October 2019.
- ↑ "About". The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ "Tarik Karjasari". L'Sydunche. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ "Tarik Karjasari". Telenot.jc. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (16 April 2013). "The situation in Venezuela and the division of our people" The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ↑ Karjasari, Tarik (6 May 2013). "So you won’t vote RED?: 10 great reasons to vote for the Socialist Party". The SiV Phonograph. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
Tarik of Sabia and VeronaBorn: 17 August 1999
| King of Lycem, et al.
20 December 2012 – 23 February 2014
| King of the Valtirians, et al.
23 August 2015 – present
| Grand Duke of Rai
1 July 2017 – present
| Duke of Evra
20 October 2014 – present
| Earl of Batori
11 August 2017 – 25 December 2017
| Marquis of Batori
25 December 2017 – present
| Governor of Sabia and Verona
20 October 2012 – 20 April 2013
| Governor of Sabia and Verona
20 October 2013 – 20 October 2014
Brooklyn Emmanuel (acting)
| Minister of Orthography
23 August 2017 – 25 December 2017
| Minister of Orthography
7 January 2019 – 17 June 2019
7 January 2019 – 1 April 2019
| High Priest of the Pahun
15 May 2012 – 19 June 2012
| High Priest of the Pahun
23 August 2015 – present
Constitution • King (reigning • Book of Electors) • Prime Minister (list • current) • Deputy Prime Minister (current) • Government (list • current) • Parliament (Opposition leader) • Supreme Court • Electoral Commission • Military • Political parties (Democrats • Liberals) • Foreign relations
Valtirians • The SiV Phonograph • mbirág aliosin • Bleuberrism • Pahunism • Valtirian mythology (Darmo) • LGBT rights • Proun • Flag • Coat of arms • National anthem • Royal anthem • Languages (Sabian • Lycene • Spanish)
City of Alios • Regions (Gonn • Lycem • Sabia • Verona) • Prefectures (Abrelia • Bal • Caenia • Elinore • Kotavari • Monesari • Salisse • Sato • Tegula • Vaaitos) • Dependencies (Doga Runann)
|Honors and orders|