Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Order of the Hummingbird
|Order of the Hummingbird|
Seal of the Order
|Awarded by the King of the Valtirians|
|Established||26 November 2011 (First)|
15 July 2013 (current)
|Motto||ħoxagi, nir, ñaħoxói|
("Science, Art, Culture")
|Eligibility||Members of the Sabioveronese Armed Forces unless otherwise specified.|
|Awarded for||Contributions to the development and performance of the SVRAF and peacekeeping in the Kingdom.|
|Lord Maestre||H.R.H. Lord Tarik of Kârjasary|
|Grades||First class (RS)|
Second class (VS)
Third class (DS)
|First induction||26 November 2011|
|Next (higher)||Order of the Needle|
The Order of the Hummingbird (Sabian: daibók sanaħasonnán) is a military order in Sabia and Verona and one of the Kingdom's three Orders of Honor. It was founded in November 2011 in Faryar, an early predecessor of Sabia and Verona subjected to the Zealandian Monarchy as part of the Rekswhaleskabet. It is awarded by the King of the Valtirians since 2014, and it was previously awarded by the Governor. It is awarded to military officers or individuals who have contributed to the development of the Sabioveronese Royal Armed Forces, which currently includes the the the Royal Aeronaval Force and the Royal Auror Corps, as well as the former Royal Land Army and Royal Navy.
The Order of the Hummingbird (Þövallorð) was founded on 26 November 2011, soon after The Faryar was founded and the Zealandian Monarchy obtained sovereignty over the territory. It was named for the Green Violetear (Colibri thalassinus), the symbolic animal of The Faryar. The award was given by the Prime Minister of Faryar, who at the time was Tarek Kârjasary. The original order was chivalric in nature and it was The Faryar's only regional award. It was given in total to seven people including three foreigners; Joseph Puglisi, King Ciprian and Declan I, II & V. The Order was subdivided into five classes: Hýffljega Stædijéri (Honorable Grand Knight), Stædijéri (Honorable Knight), Ijéri (Knight), Stædkjess (Grand Cross) and Kjess (Cross). The Faryar fell into inactivity around November 2011 and in March 2012 the Principality of Montriac was founded becoming the de facto successor of the Zealandian overseas territory.
The Order remained inactive until in July 2013, when the Sabioveronese government of Napoléon Bleuberrie retrieved old documents of the Order in the National Archives. After deliberation with the Courts of Sabia and Verona, it was agreed that the Order of the Hummingbird would be revived and used as a military order, awarded at the Governor's command. On 16 July 2013, the Government of Sabia and Verona and the Government of the Federation of Zealandia, represented by Bleuberrie and Queen Charlotte respectively signed an agreement in which it was stated that the Order and its related issues would be property of the Sabioveronese government. The agrement was ratified by King Ciprian the next day. The Order is since 2014 awarded by the Monarch of Sabia and Verona, first Isadora of Annenak, Queen of the Valtirians and presently Tarik of Kârjasary, King of te Valtirians.
The Order is divided into three classes, granted according to the recipient's military rank.
- Marshal of the Order: The head of the Order. Given to the Monarch upon being crowned. The status is kept after leaving office. In this case, the former Monarch or Governor is known as Senior Marshal.
- First class: Chief of Staff, Brigadier (RGV), General Commissioner (RGA) and other senior ranks in present or past military branches.
- Second class: Junior ranks of present and past military ranks.
- Third class: None of the above. May include either lower ranks of the Military or non-members of the military that have however contributed to the SVRAF.
- Tarik of Kârjasary - Marshal of the Order as King of the Valtirians and Senior Marshal of the Order as Governor of Sabia and Verona (October 2012 - April 2013; October 2013 - October 2014).
- Isadora of Annenak - Senior Marshal as Queen of the Valtirians (February 2014 - August 2015) and Governor of Sabia and Verona (April 2013 - October 2013).
- Napoléon Bleuberrie, Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (October 2012 - January 2013; June 2013 - July 2013) and former Land Army General.
- Gen. Boris I. Tovinski, Land Army General and Minister for Defence (June 2013 - July 2013).
- Adm. Noa Dargany, former Navy Admiral, Chief of Staff of the SVRAF.
- V. Adm. Timothy C. Lawrence, Navy Vice Admiral.
- Gen. Rubén D. Hernández, Air Force General, Secretary of the Air Force (February 2013 - present) Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (July 2013 - October 2013) and Minister for Defence (October 2013 - April 2014).
- Gen. Paula E. Walker, Air Force General and Minister for Defence (April 2014 - October 2014).