Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
National Intelligence Service
|National Intelligence Service|
|Seal of the DST|
|Formed|| 1 October 2014 (as the National Intelligence Division)|
22 May 2017 (as the National Intelligence Agency)
|Jurisdiction||Sabia and Verona|
|Agency executive||Bgd. Ignatius I. Lockhart, Director|
The National Intelligence Service (Sabian: dogasanakoritenói), commonly known by its Sabian initials as DST is a special agency concerned with the assessment of foreign and domestic intelligence, and alongside the Arts Division, it produces and distributes government propaganda. Originally founded as the National Intelligence Division in 2014, it was a government ministry (division) until 2017, when it was reformed into an agency dependent on the Defense Division.
The National Intelligence Division was formally founded by Prime Minister Bertrand Rivière in the formation of the sixth government following the September 2014 general election. The first Secretary of Intelligence was Leandro Casablanca, an expert on military intelligence who participated in the Three-King revolt in 2012. The division was founded to provide information on the Left Alliance and Pashqari People's Party's movements and actions, but it was directly created as a ministerial agency instead of a military one, as Rivière was distrustful of the Royal Armed Forces, deeming them too close to Napoléon Bleuberrie's socialist circles.
After Rivière's resignation, the division was reformed entirely with NNS agents in Alios. Native Aliosikar Balthassar Valoty was named Secretary of Intelligence in the 7th government, but was soon replaced by Boris Tovinski, a former Bleuberrist hardliner Army general who is often regarded as one of the masterminds behind the 2013 coup attempt. An international component was added to the division's functions with Tovinski's oversight. Tovinski retained his cabinet post following the formation of the 8th government.
List of Directors
- Leandro Casablanca (1 October 2014 – 1 October 2015)
- Bgd. Balthassar Valoty (1 October 2015 – 21 February 2016)
- Gen. Boris Tovinski (21 February 2016 – 22 May 2017)
Before this point, all directors were officially Secretaries of Intelligence, that is to say, members of the cabinet.
- Bgd. Ignatius I. Lockhart (22 May 2017 – present)
- "Most Unity voters want Blackhorse to remain leader, poll says". The SiV Phonograph. 1 May 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Government under fire over corruption allegations". The SiV Phonograph. 4 March 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Bleuberrie, 3 years after the coup". The SiV Phonograph. 25 July 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "New cabinet takes office". The SiV Phonograph. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2016.