Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Order of the Needle
| Order of the Needle|
|Medal worn by the Sovereign of the Order|
|Awarded by the King of the Valtirians|
|Awarded for||Contributions to the development of Sabia and Verona and the micronational world.|
|Sovereign||H.R.H. King Tarik of Kârjasary|
|Grades (w/ post-nominals)|| Xel (XAV)|
|Established||1 June 2013|
|First induction||1 June 2013|
|Next (higher)||Order of the Baphomet|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Hummingbird|
The Order of the Needle (Sabian: aidaibók varagonnán, initials AV) is the second-highest award given by the government of Sabia and Verona to both national and intermicronational individuals. The Order was founded by Napoléon Bleuberrie when he was sworn into office for the second time as Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona, and the first awarded was former PM Osez Kóvérsz, on 1 June 2013. Since 2014, the Order is awarded by the Monarch of Sabia and Verona, presently Tarik, King of the Valtirians.
Individuals are awarded with this Order for "contributions to the development of Sabia and Verona and the micronational world", that includes aspects of cultural, social, scientific and political natures. Its name comes from the use of needle and thread to craft the ribbons used by the Order. It was originally intended to be named Order of St. Olav.
In 2016 a royal decree issued by King Tarik positioned the Order as the second-highest award in the Kingdom, and changed, among other things, the official colors of the Order.
Although the Order makes no distinction in merituous service to Sabia and Verona and the Kingdom, there are three ranks in which the Order may be awarded. The ranks are mostly for the sake of categorization between plush toys and humans, and diplomatic precedence between humans as well, and there is no ditinction in the ribbons given to a rank or to other. A recipient of the "lower" ranks may be "upgraded" to the "upper" ranks at any given moment. There is no limit to the amount of recipients any rank may have.
- xel ("knight") - The highest category of the Order. Commonly given to foreign leaders, royalty and diplomats of nations close to Sabia and Verona. Initials: XAV.
- saro ("companion") - New rank created by the 2016 Royal Decree on the Order. Intended to be bestowed to friends of Sabia and Verona and the Union, and outstanding citizens of Sabia and Verona. Initials: SAV.
- simorág ("officer", lit. "bannerman")- Given mostly to stuffed toy Sabioveronese citizens. Initials: MAV.
The colours of the Order are pink and white, colors commonly associated with the Sabioveronese monarchy. The general ribbon of the Order consists of a red band with two green stripes on the sides and a white band slicing the centre. The medal of the order consists of a bronze-coloured circle bordered by a silver ring. The medal pictures an oil lamp on a book, with a laurel leaf on the back. It symbolizes knowledge and wisdom.
List of recipients
- Aina Oehler, Baroness Oehler, former politician. 2013.
- Joseph Puglisi, King of Tiana. 2013 (Officer); 2016. (Knight)
- Isadora of Annenak, Duchess of Zafir, former Queen of the Valtirians. 2014.
- Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia. 2015.
- Runa-Lisandra Bartolucci, Countess of Sainte-Bérénice, former politician, companion. 2014 (Officer); 2016 (Companion).
- Stephen Freayth, Emperor of Abelden. 2017.
- Newton von Uberquie, Palatine-Viceroy of Uberquiesenberg. 2017.
- Kaj Karjasari, Duke of Monesari. 2017.
- Boris Tovinski, Secretary of Intelligence (2015-present), former Land Army General, Minister for Defence (2013). 2013.
- Rubén D. Hernández, former Air Force General, Secretary of the Air Force and Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (2013). 2013.
- Osez Kóvérsz, former Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (2012-2013). 2013.
- Napoléon Bleuberrie, former Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (2012-2013; 2013). 2013.
- Ann Stefanović, Countess of Bois, former Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (2013-2014). 2013.
- Shounn Virny, Prime Minister of Sabia and Verona (2015-2017). 2016.
- Ulla Müller, feminist activist and former Lt. Secretary of Salisse. 2017.