Foreign Office (Austenasia)
|Established||13 November 2008|
|Chief Ambassador||HIM Emperor Jonathan I|
The Foreign Office of Austenasia (formerly known as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) is the government body responsible for maintaining diplomatic relations with other nations and for representing and promoting the interests of the Empire of Austenasia internationally. The Foreign Office was originally known as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when it was founded by Act 21 of the Austenasian Parliament on 13 November 2008, but was renamed to the Foreign Office on 21 February 2009 by Act 59 (Government Ministries).
The Foreign Office is run by the Chief Ambassador, a position which has been held by the Emperor since October 2017. The Foreign Office has numerous diplomats assigned to various states, regions and organisations; these are appointed by the Chief Ambassador, who through holding that office holds responsibility for relations with all nations and peoples that do not have a specifically designated diplomat. The function of ambassadors and consuls in countries which do not recognise Austenasia is simply to raise awareness of the Empire's existence within the country they have been assigned to and to represent the Empire to regional or national authorities should it be necessary.
The Empire officially claims four properties at present as embassies and consulates. Only one Austenasian embassy - that to Überstadt - is accredited by the host state, but said embassy is also the only one which is not manned by an ambassador. Austenasia claims extraterritoriality for all its embassies - the August 2015 Decree of Wrythe claimed administrative control by the Chief Ambassador (as opposed to the laws of the host state) for Austenasian embassies as a manifestation of this extraterritoriality.
The currently claimed embassies of Austenasia are:
- Embassy to Pakistan: City Plaza B-15 & 16, Gaju Khan Road, Mardan - established 29 October 2015
- Embassy to Spain: Calle Cordoba 3, 3B, Granada - established 29 October 2015
- Embassy to Überstadt: 1C & 1D, Rosewood - established 10 August 2015
- Embassy to the United Kingdom: 7 Barclay House, Well Street, Hackney Central - established 6 February 2017
Austenasia currently hosts a single official embassy: the Kingdom of Copan uses East Wrythe, an exclave of the capital, as a Copanese embassy. The capital was also home to Crepundia, a cultural project between Austenasia and Juclandia which functioned as a form of ceremonial embassy but did not have extraterritoriality or any official diplomatic status.
Ambassadors and diplomats
Ambassadors and consuls
Ambassadors are diplomats assigned to a sovereign state, whereas consuls-general and consuls are assigned to a specific region or city within a sovereign state. The majority of ambassadors do not have embassies over which the Empire has claimed extraterritoriality. The current ambassadors appointed by the Foreign Office are:
- Ambassador to Algeria: H.E. Akka Bey (since 6 February 2016)
- Ambassador to Argentina: HRH King Tarik (since 6 February 2016)
- Ambassador to Australia: Charlotte Lindström (since 30 March 2014)
- Consul-General at Sydney: The Rt Hon. Sir Hugh McFarlane, KCA (since 13 April 2016)
- Ambassador to Austria: H.E. Arthur C. de Tourneau (since 25 March 2021)
- Ambassador to Belgium: H.E. Thibaut Naniot (since 31 August 2015)
- Ambassador to Bhutan: H.E. Pema Tshering (since 13 August 2015)
- Ambassador to Brazil: H.E. Sir Lucas Campos, KOB (since 17 March 2012)
- Ambassador to China: H.E. Juntao Yang, Duke of Shuhan (since 3 February 2022)
- Ambassador to Croatia: H.E. Drago Plečko (since 23 March 2017)
- Ambassador to France: H.E. Arsène Salaün (since 10 May 2020)
- Ambassador to Greece: HM Emperor Aggelos I (since 25 April 2017)
- Ambassador to India: H.E. Professor Sir Sanjib Bhattacharya, KOB, OAO (since 25 August 2018)
- Consul-General at Ahmedabad: Suneel Mandra (since 13 November 2018)
- Consul-General at Kolkata: Paul Tapas (since 21 May 2020)
- Consul at Lucknow: Naman Pandey (since 4 December 2017)
- Consul-General at New Delhi: Dr R. N. Kalra (since 9 March 2017)
- Consul-General in Northeast India: HM Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (since 17 July 2021)
- Consul-General in South India: K. Mohan Menon (since 12 April 2019)
- Consul in Tamil Nadu: Karthik Aswathnarayanan, LL.M (since 25 February 2021)
- Ambassador to Italy: Lord Vincenzo Alfano, Ph.D (since 2 October 2015)
- Consul-General in Lombardy: Giuseppe Checchia (since 12 April 2020)
- Ambassador to Indonesia: H.E. Zaim Azizirrahim (since 20 April 2018)
- Ambassador to Japan: H.E. Kenichiro Fukui, MAO (since 11 June 2017)
- Ambassador to Lebanon: H.E. Khaled Chehimi (since 11 January 2020)
- Ambassador to Mexico: H.E. Jorge Luis Gallegos Ortiz (since 24 June 2020)
- Ambassador to Namibia: H.E. Christopher van Wyk (since 22 September 2017)
- Ambassador to Nepal: H.E. Dr. Shyam Khadka (since 5 January 2017)
- Ambassador to the Netherlands: HG Duke Bradley of Dullahan (since 28 July 2011)
- Ambassador to New Virginia: Lord William Wilson, Count of Oribrazos (since 10 May 2022)
- Ambassador to Norway: H.E. Chris Miller (since 18 March 2021)
- Ambassador to Pakistan: H.E. Tariq Zubair, CAO (since 3 September 2015)
- Ambassador to Poland: H.E. Patryk Tomala (since 28 January 2018)
- Ambassador to Romania: King Ciprian (since 24 December 2011)
- Ambassador to Spain: H.E. Sir Dominic Connolly, KOB (since 12 June 2014)
- Consul-General at Madrid: Lady Sheila Muñoz Fernández (since 15 December 2020)
- Ambassador to South Africa: H.E. Justin van der Westhuizen (since 28 October 2021)
- Ambassador to Sri Lanka: H.E. Naseer Salahudeen (since 25 August 2015)
- Ambassador to Sweden: H.E. Anders Saltborn (since 13 January 2016)
- Ambassador to Switzerland H.E. Fayaz Muhammad (since 17 December 2019)
- Ambassador to Thailand: H.E. Sirikanlaya Yoskrai (since 12 February 2018)
- Ambassador to the United Kingdom: H.E. Lee Cant (since 4 February 2017)
- Ambassador to the United States of America: Lord Michael Simpson, Count of Occibrazos (since 28 May 2021)
- Consul in Arizona: Lord Charles Ross, Duke of Occidentia (since 17 March 2019)
- Consul in Florida: HM King Abrams I (since 3 June 2019)
- Consul in Georgia: Casper von Naveria (since 3 March 2020)
- Consul in Idaho: Isaac Alsop (since 26 December 2012)
- Consul in Illinois: HG Jackson Morris, Duke of Crystal (since 22 August 2020)
- Consul in Indiana: Sir Thomas Keister, Bt (since 27 February 2017)
- Consul in Kentucky: Lady Admiral Brooklyn Hewitt, Duchess of New Royton (since 26 March 2014)
- Consul in Louisiana: Andrew I, Duke of Pontunia (since 13 May 2021)
- Consul in Michigan: HG Aidan McGrath, Duke of Limiport (since 20 August 2020)
- Consul in Missouri: Dakoda George, SCP (since 22 May 2011)
- Consul in North Carolina: Rev. Sir Arturo Lara, OMS (since 17 February 2020)
- Consul in Ohio: Lord Grant Hawkins, Count of Greater Hoagland (since 11 April 2014)
- Consul in Texas: Lord Michael Simpson, Count of Occibrazos (since 17 June 2020)
- Consul in Wyoming: Artemis Langford, SAV (since 13 September 2016)
- Ambassador to Ukraine: H.E. Nitin Kumar (since 27 March 2021)
- Ambassador to Uruguay: H.E. Luis Felipe da Silva Mateus, OAO (since 13 June 2018)
Ambassadors-at-Large are diplomats assigned to more than one sovereign state, nation, people, and/or organisation, or to deal with a specific foreign policy issue spanning several of such remits.
- Ambassador-at-Large for the States bordering India: H.E. Professor Sir Sanjib Bhattacharya, KOB, OAO (since 13 August 2015). Has authority to oversee the diplomatic activity of the Empire in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka, and to supervise any other Austenasian diplomats already stationed in said countries.
- Ambassador-at-Large for Romanity and Imperium: HM Emperor Aggelos I (since 27 July 2018). Has authority to assist where possible with the promotion of the Roman tradition and with the establishing of relations with nations that are influenced by the Roman Empire.
Envoys are diplomats assigned to a sovereign entity which is not recognised as a state (such as a sovereign nation) or to a non-sovereign ethnic, national, cultural, religious or linguistic people.
- Envoy to Talossa: H.E. Tariq Zubair, CAO (since 7 October 2017)
The Empire is a current member state of the Grand Unified Micronational, the Saint Josephsburg Economic Pact, and the Union Against Micronational War, and a former member state of the Organisation of Active Micronations.
Austenasia has been a member of the Grand Unified Micronational (GUM) since 11 October 2009. It has since had # Delegates.