Aggelos I, Emperor of Imvrassia
|Aggelos Perpetuus Augustus|
Βασιλεύς αυτοκράτωρ Άγγελος
|Faithful Imvrassian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
|Reign||1st 11 May 2011 – 05 November 2016 (as Prince until 21 March 2016 and then as King until 05 November 2016), 2nd 25 December 2020 -|
|Reign||07 October 2015 – 01 December 2016|
|Predecessor||himself as King of Orfalia|
|Reign||04 April 2022 -|
|Predecessor||himself as King of Timeria|
|Reign||21–23 April 2020|
|Predecessor||Thomas Marios I|
|Successor||Thomas Marios I Alcibiades I|
|Basilissa Aikaterini |
|House||House of Vatazides|
|Born||1 September 1981|
Aggelos of Imvrassia (born 1 September 1981) is the current Emperor of Imvrassia and Head of the Imperial House of Imvrassia. His Majesty has founded Imvrassia on 11 May 2011 as its sovereign Prince. His Majesty was also Hegemon of the League of Hellenistic Micronations until 5 November 2016 and Emperor of Orfalia until 1 December 2016 when he abdicated. He returned as Emperor of Imvrassia on 25 December 2020 after Empress Aikaterini's decision. Aggelos is considered by his friends that he is one of the most famous Greek micronationalists.
The name Aggelos comes from Angelos (the one who brings news) and from the verb angelo which means: I bring news, I foretell. In ancient Greece, the term angel characterized someone who transmitted news, information or advertisements. Homer in his works already uses the word in this sense, while Herodotus and Xenophon use it to describe special envoys conveying messages or information. Angels are also used in other tasks, such as making treaties or collecting money. As a divine or transcendental presence, the concept of angel first appears in the person of Hermes, who is addressed as the angel of Persephone by Homer. Also according to Plato the Underworld has its angels, who are called "angels descending". In the Greek alphabet, the name is written as Άγγελος Α' which is properly transliterated as Aggelos I. The letter 'A' after the name identifies the numbering of the Monarch.
His Majesty have an active role in the politics of the State, as Head of State and also as a Minister. All the legislative and administrative changes wich have been made, reflects the desire and the willingness of growth and development of Imvrassia into the world of micronations, with elements from the political history of ancient Greece and Rome.
After a period in which His Majesty devoted himself to the organization and operation of Imvrassia, he began the reorganization in Greece of some inactive Greek states. This resulted in the establishment of the Commonwealth of Hellenic Micronations on 25 November 2013.
On 2 September 2015, His Majesty accepted the offer of the Crown of Orfalia and was enthroned King. At his new office he assumed the constitutional name of Angelos II, King of Orfalia and a personal union between Imvrassia and Orfalia was created. On 7 October 2015, the government of Orfalia proclaimed His Majesty as Emperor with the title and style of His Imperial Majesty Aggelos I, Emperor of Orfalia.
On 21 March 2016 His Majesty assumed the title of Basileus and upgrade the status of Imvrassia to a Kingdom. This date was chosen to commemorate another political act of the Roman Empire, that on the same date on 629 Emperor Heraclius adopted for the monarch's official title the same title as Aggelos did, although in Imvrassia had the meaning of the King and not the Emperor. On 23 June 2016, he separated the Duchy of Argadia from Imvrassia and proclaimed it as an independent state with himself as monarch. On 1 July 2016, after weeks of negotiation it was decided that the Duchy would join the Karno-Ruthenian Empire. On 6 October 2016 His Majesty reorganized the Commonwealth of Hellenic Micronations to a League of Hellenistic Micronations and remained head of the organization with the title of Hegemon. On 5 November 2016 Aggelos abdicate from the throne of Imvrassia and on 1 December 2016 from the throne of Orfalia too.
After his abdication as King, the Crown appointed His Majesty as Governor of Odrysia (ie a Crown land of Imvrassia) and as Minister of Foreign Affairs. On 11 April 2017 after a Decision of Stephen, the Abeldane Emperor, Aggelos appointed as Prince of Stella and on 9 May 2017 after a new Decision of the Abeldane Emperor, was appointed as Prince Regent of Abelden. On 8 August 2017 His Majesty abdicated from the Abelden's offices due to his non-micronational obligations.
On 6 August 2017, His Majesty founded the Austenasian Town of Ionisia where he currently resides, further cementing the friendship between Imvrassia and the Empire. The Town of Ionisia was dissolved exactly one year later, but the territory of the former Town, has been made temporarily a self-governorous area and His Majesty assumed the title of the Archon of Ionisia immediately after the region left the Empire.
On 30 November 2018 the Crown according to the new policy of the titles of nobility, awarded him the title of Nobelissimos.
By royal decree on 8 June 2019 he was promoted to the title of Despotes. On 25 July 2019 His Majesty declared the upgrade of the then Archontia of Ionisia to a Kingdom and he assumed the title of Epitropos until the enthronement of the new monarch. On 7 September 2019 Queen Aikaterini because of her non - micronational obligations, appointed Aggelos as Regent of Imvrassia and at the same day His Majesty has been appointed and Epitropos of Ionisia ( until 26 September 2019, when Ionisia became an Imvrassian Province).
On 8 May 2020 the Duchy of Argadia became independent and on 15 May 2020 His Majesty declared the upgrade of the Duchy to a Kingdom and he offer the same day the Argadian crown to the Empress of Imvrassia Aikaterini. The Empress in return appointed him as Head of the government with the title of Epi ton Pragmaton, due to the hellenistic traditions of Argadia. On 21 December 2020 by Imperial Degree, Aggelos promoted to junior co-emperor.
On 25 December 2020, the Empress within the framework of the co - reign, proclaimed Aggelos as joint Emperor, to rule alongside to her.
On 9 January 2021, an imperial degree was issued by Emperor Aggelos in an effort to honor the Roman Emperor John III, and thus naming the reigning house of Imvrassia as the House of Vatazides. On 16 March 2021 Emperor Aggelos due to the long frienship between Imvrassia and Rhōmanía, appointed as Regent until 27 January 2022 with the title of Antibasileus Sebastokrator because of Emmanuel's temporary absence. On 18 March 2021 Empress Aikaterini honorably revoked from the the rank of Empress and so Emperor Aggelos remain sole monarch. On 20 March 2021, an Imperial Decree of HM Emperor Aggelos I was issued. This Decree adopted as an official stance and policy of the Imvrassian Government the view that the Imvrassian Monarch was through translatio imperii the legitimate successor in dignity of the Eastern Roman Emperors, and the official title change to Faithful Imvrassian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans.
On 1 January 2022, His Majesty accepted the offer of the Crown of Temiria and was enthroned as King. At his new office he assumed the constitutional name of His Majesty Aggelos I, King of Temiria and a personal union between Imvrassia and Temiria was created. On 20 March 2022 Temiria with Anvurna, Marenia and Ardamia formed a new State under the name Tarevia and the Goverment of the new Kingdom on 4 April 2022 offered the Crown to Aggelos as the new King.
Titles, styles, and honours
|Monarchical styles of|
|Reference style||His Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Majesty|
The official title of Emperor Aggelos as Imvrassian Monarch is :
(In English) His Majesty Aggelos the First, Faithful Imvrassian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans, Perpetuus Augustus
(Στα Ελληνικά) Η Αυτού Μεγαλειότης Άγγελος πιστός Βασιλεύς Ιμβρασίας, Αυτοκράτωρ των Ρωμαίων και Αιώνιος Αύγουστος
The official title of Emperor Aggelos as Tarevian Monarch is :
(In English) His Majesty Aggelos, King of Tarevia, Perpetuus Augustus
(In Spanish) Su Majestad Aggelos, Rey de Tarevia, Perpetuus Augustus
- 25 December 2020 – present: His Majesty the Emperor of Imvrassia
- 21 December 2020 - 25 December 2020: His Highness, Symbasileus Aggelos
- 8 June 2019 - 21 December 2020: His Highness, Despotes Aggelos
- 30 November 2018 – 7 June 2019: His Highness, Nobelissimos Aggelos
- 5 November 2016 - 29 November 2018: His Royal Highness, Prince Aggelos of Imvrassia
- 21 March 2016 - 5 November 2016: His Majesty, the King of Imvrassia
- 11 May 2011 - 20 March 2016: His Highness, the Prince and Despot of Imvrassia
- 15 May 2020 - 24 October 2020 His Highness, Prince Aggelos of Argadia
- 23 June 2016 – 15 May 2020: His Royal Highness, the Duke of Argadia
- 7 October 2015 – 1 December 2016: His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor of Orfalia
- 2 September 2015 – 6 October 2015: His Majesty, the King of Orfalia
- 16 March 2021 - 27 January 2022: Aggelos, in Christ the God, faithful Regent and Sebastokrator of the Romans
- 28 January 2022 – present : Mr. Aggelos Imvrassios
- 1 January 2022 - 4 April 2022 : His Majesty Aggelos, King of Temiria
- 4 April 2022 – present : His Majesty Aggelos, King of Tarevia
- 11 April 2017 - 8 August 2017: His Highness, the Prince of Stella
- 9 May 2017 - 8 August 2017: His Imperial Highness, the Prince Regent of Abelden
In Hellenic States:
- 25 July 2019 – 1 August 2019: His Highness, the Epitropos of Ionisia
- 7 August 2018 – 25 July 2019: His Highness, the Archon of Ionisia
- 7 March 2012 – 12 January 2013: His Highness, the Prince of the Heptarchy of New Herakleia
- 11 December 2012 – 15 January 2013: His Highness, the Prince of the Despotate of New Mystras
- Knight of the Order of King Henry the Lion (2011)
- Knight 1st Class of the Unironic Order of the Golden Dragon (2014)
- Knight of the Most Excellent Order of the Yellow Dragons (2014)
- Companion of the Most Honourable Order of Lundenwic (2015)
- Recipient of the Diplomacy Medal (2015)
- Grand Cross Knight of the Order of Merit of the Vilthian Cross (2015)
- Grand Cross of Letzembourg (2015)
- Grand Commander of the Order of the Rampant Lion (2016)
- Knight Commander of the Order of the Imperium Abludum (2016)
- Order of Loyalty (2016)
- Knight of the Order of the White Star (2016)
- Knight of the Order of Raymond VI (2016)
- Knight of the Royal Order of St. Stephen (2016)
- Knight of the Order of Saint Constantine (2017)
- Knight of the Order of St. Bartholomew (2017)
- Grand Commander of the Order of the Rampant Lion (2017)
- Order of Christ the Savior (2017)
- Order of the Double-Headed Eagle (2017)
- Chancellor of the Voukefalian Order (2018)
- Knight Grand Cross in the Most Splendid and Noble Order of the Bluebonnet (2021)
- Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (2021)
- Knight of Virtue of the Glorious Order of St. John (2021)
- Member Special Class of the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit (2021)
- Grand Duke of Mouzilo (2012)
- Supreme Duke of Fyrax (2013)
- Honorary Duke of Harenfall (2014)
- 2nd Duke of Columba (2015)
- Earl of Elmguard (2016)
- Count of Shorewell (2017)
- Earl of Visanthia (2017)
- Duke of Insulae (2017)
- Mahadeshabandhu (2021)
|Imperial coat of arms||Imperial standard||Personal coat of arms||Armorial in Vishwamitra|