Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|Founded||13 December 2008|
|General nature||Law enforcement |
Local civilian police
|Chief Inspector||HIM Emperor Jonathan I|
|Jurisdiction||Empire of Austenasia|
|Standard weapon||Wooden baton|
The Austenasian Police are the national civilian police force of the Empire of Austenasia, responsible for enforcing the law, enhancing public safety, maintaining order, arresting criminals, and protecting the government. The Austenasian Police is overseen by the Ministry of Justice.
The Austenasian Police was founded in December 2008 by Act 29 of the Parliament of Austenasia, but did not have an official name and was referred to only as the "Police of Austenasia". Act 49, passed on 17 January 2009, officially named the police force the Austenasian Police, and put it under the authority of the Home Office as well as setting out a more detailed ranking system. After the enactment of the Austenasian Constitution of 2011, the Austenasian Police retained its 2009 form by an Imperial Decree until 8 October 2013, when the Police Act 2013 was passed. This Act, under which the Austenasian Police is currently structured, placed the laws structuring the police into a single Act of Parliament, and made some slight reforms taking into account the small number of police officers within the area. The Ministry of Justice and Home Office Reform Act 2019, jurisdiction over the Austenasian Police was transferred to the newly-established Ministry of Justice.
Role and organisation
The main duty of the Austenasian Police is law enforcement. Maintaining public order and the prevention and investigation of crimes are other high-priority duties. As part of maintaining public order, police officers are used by the Home Office for border control purposes.
The head of the Austenasian Police is the Chief Inspector, appointed by the Attorney General with the consent of the Prime Minister. The Chief Inspector is accountable to the Ministry of Justice and must regularly report to the Attorney General.
Each Town, City and Territory has a local police force (law enforcement within Crown Dependencies is the responsibility of the dependency's Governing Commissioner). Town and City police forces are headed by an Inspector appointed by the Chief Inspector, and Territory police forces are headed by their Governors (appointed by Parliament or the Monarch).
Inspectors and Governors may recruit others into the police force to assist them in their policing duties. They have the rank of Constable, but if a police force consists of more than three people then the Inspector or Governor may bestow the rank of Sergeant on their deputy.
The current heads of police forces are as follows:
- Chief Inspector: HIM Emperor Jonathan I
- Inspector of Wrythe Police Force: HIM Emperor Jonathan I (since 17 January 2009)
- Inspector of Palasia Police Force: Inspector A. Bloomfield (since 17 August 2014)
- Inspector of Theodosiopolis Police Force: HSH Prince Dionisiy I (since 26 March 2019)
- Inspector of Dragovina Police Force: Lord Edward Adjei-Prempeh, Baron of Dragovina (since 22 April 2019)
- Inspector of Gebirgspark Police Force: Lord Krištof Fondrk, Baron of Gebirgspark (since 1 July 2019)
- Inspector of Chalcedon Police Force: Vacant (since 31 October 2019)
- Inspector of Nahona Police Force: Vacant (since 19 January 2020)
- Inspector of Tricornia Police Force: Vacant (since 18 April 2020)
- Inspector of Kingeston Police Force: Inspector Dakota Jaax (since 11 May 2020)
- Governor of Glencrannog: Vacant (since 7 January 2018)
- Governor of Corinium Terentium: Lord Tribune Andrew Creed, Baron of Corinium Terentium (since 11 December 2013)
- Governor of Beith Craobh Iostan: HE Pope Queranus I (since 8 January 2018)
- Governor of Glencoe: HE Pope Queranus I (since 8 January 2018)
- Governor of Aurora: Lord Karl Friedrich, Baron of Aurora (since 30 January 2016)
- Governor of Hoagland: Lord Grant Hawkins, Count of Greater Hoagland (since 10 July 2017)
- Governor of Bregusland: Lord Charles Ross, Duke of Occidentia (since 14 March 2019)
- Governor of Green Gate: Lord Zarel Smith, Baron of Green Gate (since 14 March 2019)
- Governor of Laranda: HSH Prince Dionisiy I (since 28 May 2019)
- Governor of Campo Del Sol: Lady Sophia Albina, Countess of Nova Albion (since 27 June 2019)
- Governor of Oberfalcer: Lord Pierre-Henri Paccard, Duke of Viennensis (since 23 August 2019)
- Governor of Seleucia ad Cilicia: HSH Prince Dionisiy I (since 19 September 2019)
- Governor of Fraternitas: HIH Lord Admiral Joseph Kennedy, Duke of New Royton (since 11 February 2020)
- Governor of Peach Ponds: Lord Casper von Navārdia, Count of Cowyetton (since 4 April 2020)
- Governor of Nikaia: HSH Prince Edward I (since 25 May 2020)
Ranks within the Austenasian Police, in hierarchical order, are:
- Chief Inspector (CI)
- Inspector (PI)/Governor
- Sergeant (PS)
- Constable (PC)