Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Political parties in Austenasia
Political parties in the Empire of Austenasia are voluntary associations which have been formed by some politicians to help promote their collective viewpoints within Austenasian politics.
On 14 January 2012, Emperor Declan I gave Imperial Consent to the Political Parties Act 2012. This permitted the creation of officially recognised political parties, which had to be registered with and approved by the Secretary-General. Two days later, the Theodorist Party of Austenasia (TPA) was founded, followed by the Social Democratic Alliance (SDA) on 2 April.
Although the SDA was registered in Austenasia, there were no Austenasians as members, the party having been founded by James von Puchow with the intent of promoting his political views within the Empire. When it became clear that there was no interest in joining the SDA from Austenasians, the party "migrated" to the Federal Republic of Francisville in August 2012. The TPA remained the sole Austenasian party until 20 February 2014, when its leader and founder - now Emperor Jonathan I - passed an Imperial Decree dissolving the party and repealing the Political Parties Act 2012. From then on, political parties became unofficial, unregistered, and unrecognised voluntary associations.
This state of affairs lasted until April 2018, when the Political Parties Act 2018 re-established the option for political parties to be officially recognised and registered entities. All existing parties were given two weeks to register in accordance with new rules regarding their composition, and the failure of all but the Austenasian Imperial Party to do so by 25 April resulted in it becoming the sole Austenasian political party.
The Imperial Party remained the only Austenasian political party for a year, but a move to the centre-left in early 2019 resulted in the right-wing Fatherland Party being founded on 24 April 2019.
- Imperial Party: founded on 22 October 2016 as the effective successor of the Conservative Party, now espouses democratic socialism and social libertarianism. Based in New Richmond.
- Fatherland Party: founded on 24 April 2019 to counter the rise of left-wing Austenasian politics. Based in Theodosiopolis.
- Theodorist Party of Austenasia: founded on 16 January 2012, dissolved on 20 February 2014. Based in Wrythe, but the majority of its 23 members were from the United Kingdom, USA, or Monovia.
- Social Democratic Alliance: founded on 2 April 2012, based in Landashir without any Austenasian members, and became a party of Francisville on 25 August 2012 after no Austenasians joined the party.
- Palasian Left Unity: founded on 9 February 2015 - based in Palasia - and went through four more names before becoming a party of Breckland on 12 May 2015. Predecessor of the Republican Party of Breckland.
- Conservative Party of Austenasia: founded on 13 October 2014 and dissolved on 23 October 2016 by its sole remaining member, who had the previous day founded the Imperial Party.
- Austenasian Green Party: founded on 13 February 2015, based in Thanasia. Dissolved on 14 June 2017 with the cessation of Thanasia to the United Kingdom, having failed to expand outside the town.
- Ionathanopolis Voters Association - Ελευθεροφρόνων: founded on 1 January 2017, based in Ionathanopolis. Dissolved on 25 April 2018 due to its failure to register in accordance with the Political Parties Act 2018.
- Organisation of Austenasian Nationalists: founded on 2 September 2017, based in Jovanovo. Dissolved on 25 April 2018 due to its failure to register in accordance with the Political Parties Act 2018.