Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Foreign relations of Ebenthal
The foreign relations of the Kingdom of Ebenthal are implemented by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The King and the Premier play a role in setting policy, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs has a voice and is the one who develop this policy.
Since its founding, the Kingdom of Ebenthal and it's government pays special attention to foreign affairs. One of the first ministries of government was precisely the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which was founded on the same day that the Monarchy on 11 August 2014.
Although diplomatic relations be conducted by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the leadership of Foreign Affairs is de facto by the monarch. Ebenthal almonst monthly studies and develops diplomatic relations with several micronations around the world, maintaining cordial relations with everyone and accounting for only one international incidents. Apart of micronations, the Ebenthali State also reserves for itself the right to do not recognize a current govern regime of a nation.
Ebenthal's international relations are based on Article 6th of the National Constitution, which establishes non-intervention, self-determination, international cooperation and peaceful settlement of conflicts as the guiding principles of Ebenthal's relationship with other micronations and multilateral organizations.
In the late 2019, under King Arthur II, the Ebenthali policy incorporated the principle to not recognize anymore simulationist and historical-modelist micronationational projects as real micronations, on the grounds that these format are often fanciful, full of fiction, and it may be summarized as the simulation of an existing state, and thus, not be de facto a nation-state. This personal conduct by the King was later officialized when the country became a signatory to the Treaty of Persenburg which establishes the non-recognition of simulationist and historical-modelist micronations as a guideline to it's signatories' foreign policy.
Another side of the Ebenthali foreign policy is the compromise to not recognize political regimes illegaly installed and/or lacking legitimacy. Such as, many of the current world's republics, mostly born from coups d'état against legitimate monarchies, are not recognized, while their previous monarchical regimes are still recognized are sovereign states. This policy it isn't exclusive to monarchies, legally or legitimatelly proclaimed republics, either seccessionists or not, are also recgonized by the Ebenthali government. Former sovereign states which were illegaly annexed are also recognized, by the force of legitimacy as interpreted by the Ebenthali government, as actual sovereign states.
|Countries which Ebenthal has signed treaty of mutual recognition|
|Countries which Ebenthal has informal relations|
|Countries which Ebenthal has unilaterally recognized as sovereign states|
|Countries which Ebenthal has suspended or withdrawned formal relations|
|Regimes which Ebenthal does not recognize as sovereign entities|
The Kingdom of Ebenthal doesn't recognize as independent state entities those, which the government decided to not recognize.
The Kingdom of Ebenthal is currently a member of four micronational organizations:
- League of Micronations
- Conference of Santiago
- League of Professional Nations
- Micronational Monarchies Organization
It is also formely a member of other four organizations:
- Konmalehth Aplicant only
- Union Against Micronational War
- Micronational Economic Group
- Nation-States Liberal League
The Kingdom of Ebenthal has been involved in incidentes with the following countries:
- Kingdom of Roschfallen, from 11 August 2014 to 28 January 2015 (see Ebenthali Independence War)
- Arabic Empire, from 6 June 2017 to 9 September 2017 (see Ebenthali Civil War)
- Federative Republic of Brazil, from 19 November 2017 to 6 March 2019 (see Ebenthali-Brazilian War)
- Kingdom of Manso, in 13 April 2020 (see Santiago-Mansean Conflict)
This is a list of diplomatic missions of Ebenthal. Its network of embassies and consulates abroad reflect its foreign policy priorities in the Americas and in neighbouring countries that the Ebenthal has historic links to. The list also includes influential micronations with exchange of ambassadors, even if only nominally or only acting by the internet.
- Federative Republic of Brazil
- Oriental Republic of Uruguay
- Sultanate of Harram
- Empire of Karnia-Ruthenia
- Portuguese Republic
- Free Republic of Liberland
Missions in Ebenthal
- I Liberal League Summit, 20 June 2016
- II Liberal League Summit, 22 June 2017
- IV Summit of Rio de Janeiro, 15 November 2017
- MMRJ Summit, 13 November 2018
- I Summit of Belo Horizonte, 15 November 2019
- II MICROCON, 07 April 2020
- I Conference of Santiago Summit, 13 April 2020
- Santiago-Mansean Summit, 13 April 2020
- II Conference of Santiago Summit, 14 May 2020
- IV Conference of Santiago Summit, 2 August 2020