Saikat, Crown Prince of Madhya Prant
|Crown Prince of Uttaranchal|
|Born||3 January 2006|
Guwahati, Assam, India
Prince Saikat (born 3 January 2006) as Saikat Seal is a Vishwamitran royal and retired politician who is the current heir presumptive of Madhya Prant for his brother Arnab Sil, Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant. He had earlier served as a minister under several prime ministers holding many important portfolios in the government.
He was born on 3 January 2006 in Guwahati in the north-eastern state of Assam, India. He is the second son of Prince Father Rabindranath and Princess Mother Nirada. He is the younger brother and only sibling of the current Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant, Arnab Sil. He is currently a high school student studying at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Maligaon.
He joined the nation as a citizen in December 2015, and was soon inducted into the new council of ministers as a Minister of State under Prime Minister Sarala Baishya in the Ministry of Home Affairs. Following the introduction of the multi-party system of government in the nation in April 2016, he along with his older sibling Arnab Sil formed the Children's Group Freedom Party, which became an ally of the Friends Society Secular Party and both leaders joined the union council of ministers under Prime Minister Dhrubajyoti Roy on 11 April 2016. He was reappointed to the same position and was in office until 29 May 2016. On 29 May, he was entrusted the additional duties of the independent charge of the Vice President's Office. In a cabinet reshuffle held on 10 July 2016, he was relieved of his duties in the Ministry of Home Affairs and was entrusted the independent charge of the Ministry of External Affairs, thereby becoming the first foreign minister of the nation. He resigned from the union council of ministers following his appointment to a gubernatorial office on 18 September.
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
- 3 January 2006 – 6 December 2015: Master Saikat Seal
- 6 December 2015 – 7 June 2020: The Honourable Saikat Seal
- 8 June 2020 – present: His Royal Highness The Crown Prince of Madhya Prant
His full title is:
His Royal Highness Yuvrajkumar Prince Saikat, D.K., D.K. II (Purvanchal), S.U.M.V., S.U.M.M., D.U.M.P., S.P.D.S., R.S.P., P.R.S., C.S.P., Crown Prince and Uparajpramukh of Madhya Prant, Grand Master of the Royal Orders of Madhya Prant.
Honours of Madhya Prant
- Grand Master and Member of the Most Esteemed Royal Family Order of Madhya Prant (24 February 2022)
- Grand Master and Knight Grand Companion of the Most Blessed Order of the Crown of Madhya Prant (24 February 2022)
Vishwamitra and its states
- Friends Society:
- Grand Cordon of the Most Exalted Order of the Crown of Vishwamitra (25 October 2022)
- Recipient 2nd Class of the Distinguished and Long Service Medal (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the National Service Medal (15 April 2021)
- Recipient of the Royal Service Medal (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Civil Service Medal (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 20th Birthday of the First Prime Minister (11 November 2020)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (8 June 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (11 January 2023)
- Former honours
- Grand Cross of the Most Illustrious Royal Order of the Crown of Vishwamitra (29 September – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the Vishwamitra (8 June 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Commander of the Most Illustrious Royal Order of the Crown of Vishwamitra (15 April 2021 – 29 September 2022)
- Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (1 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
Ribbon bars of the orders and decorations that are worn regularly by the Crown Prince of Madhya Prant are noted in accordance with customary Vishwamitran conventions applicable to the occasion, the location and to the form of dress worn. The ribbon bars are worn according to the protocol and the precedence of the wear as issued by the Chancellery of the orders. It is to note that the ribbons of the foreign honours are worn below the national and state honours of Vishwamitra.
|Full armorial achievement||Personal escutcheon|