Rajpramukh of Kamrupa
|Rajpramukh of Kamrupa|
Arms of His Highness the Rajpramukh of Kamrupa
since 8 June 2020
|Style||His Royal Highness|
|First monarch||Dhrubajyoti Roy|
|Formation||June 8, 2020|
The Rajpramukh of Kamrupa is the title of the hereditary absolute monarch of Kamrupa, Vishwamitra. The current Rajpramukh is His Royal Highness Anirban Phatowali. The current ruling house of the province of Kamrupa is the House of Phatowali, with the Rajpramukh being the head of the house.
Powers and roles
As the Rajpramukhs are to be the absolute monarchs of their respective provinces, they discharge duties of both head of state and head of government of their respective provinces. The Rajpramukh of Kamrupa discharges the following functions:
- The power to appoint a heir to the throne.
- The power to appoint members to the Royal Family of Kamrupa.
- The power to create agencies or bodies in the province.
- The power to appoint and remove the Governor of Dadara city.
- The power to confer provincial decorations as the Sovereign of one provincial orders - The Order of the State of Kamrupa.
List of Rajpramukhs of Kamrupa
|1||His Royal Highness
|8 June 2020||Incumbent||310 days|
Royal orders of Kamrupa
The Rajpramukh of Kamrupa is the Sovereign of the one provincial order.
- The Order of the State of Kamrupa, which is the highest provincial decoration of the province of Purvanchal and is conferred upon royalties, political leaders and civilians. The order is conferred in two grades: