Mridul Amin of Basistha
|This Vishwamitran citizen article is a stub. You can help MicroWiki by expanding it.|
|His Royal Highness|
|Mohammad Mridul Amin|
|SSV KOC PC|
8 June 2020
|Rashtradhyaksh||Tanishkaa Patranabish |
|Prime Minister||Anoushkaa Patranabish|
13 May - 8 June 2020
Nalbari, Assam, India
|Political party||National People's Congress|
|Friends Society Independent Party (2016-19)|
|Residence||Rajpramukh Niwas, Basistha|
Mohammad Mridul Amin is one of the senior-most politicians of the nation, who has served on wide range of positions both at national and state level. He first became the Minister of Finance on 6 December 2015 and served until the dissolution of the ministry on 11 April 2016. Under the premiership of Dhrubajyoti Roy which took office on 11 April 2016, he was appointed as Union Cabinet Minister for Child Welfare, and remained in that position till 10 July 2016. In a cabinet reshuffle held on 10 July 2016, he lost his cabinet berth and was appointed as Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Parliamentary Affairs which he continued to hold until his resignation from the Union Council of Ministers on 18 September 2016.
He contested the 2016 March Vice-Presidential election against Bishnu Chetry and Arnab Sil and also the 2016 May Vice-Presidential election against Arnab Sil, but was unsuccessful in both the attempts.
With the creation of the state of Uttaranchal, he was appointed to serve as the first Chief Minister of the state which he held from 18 September 2016 until 12 April 2017. When Sarala Baishya became the Prime Minister, he was called in to be a part of the Union Council of Ministers and was appointed as the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Welfare, with the additional duties of the Minister of State in the ministries of Parliamentary Affairs and Social Justice.
Styles, titles and honours
Mohammad Mridul Amin of Basistha
|Reference style||His Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
Titles and styles
- 6 December 2015 - 8 June 2020: His Excellency Mohammad Mridul Amin
- 8 June 2020 - Incumbent: His Royal Highness Mohammad Mridul Amin
His full style and title is: His Royal Highness Mohammad Mridul Amin, Rajpramukh of Basistha, Privy Councillor in His Majesty's Privy Council, General of the Army in the Honorary Armed Forces of Vishwamitra SSV, KOC, PC
- Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (1 January 2021)
- Extraordinary Member of the Most Excellent Order of the Vishwamitra (14 August 2020)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 20th Birthday of the First Prime Minister (11 November 2020)
- Recipient of the Medal "For Services to National Leader II" (30 April 2020)
- Recipient of the Investiture Medal of National Leader III (3 May 2020)
- Roy, Dhrubajyoti. New Year Honours announced. Purvanchal Times. 31 December 2020.