|Mohammad Mridul Amin|
|Rajpramukh Emeritus of Basistha|
DKO DB DSUU SUBB DURD SPDS RSP COW
|Rajpramukh of Basistha|
|Reign||8 June 2020 – 11 September 2021|
|Governor of Madhya Prant|
17 March 2023 – 14 July 2023
|Prime Minister||Farhaz Hazarika|
|Preceded by||Position re-created|
|Succeeded by||Princess Bishakha|
|Born||1 January 2003|
Mohammad Mridul Amin
|Reference style||His Exalted Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Exalted Highness|
Maha Sri Dato Sri Paduka Mohammad Mridul Amin is retired Vishwamitran politician and former royal who has been the first Rajpramukh of Basistha reigning between 8 June 2020 till the abolition of the state monarchy on 11 September 2021. Prior to his installation as the first ruler of the state, he has served as the Governor of Purvanchal and has been a minister in the central cabinet for a long time. He is the first minority politician to serve on a senior position in the nation.
After a hiatus for more than a year and half, he was appointed to serve as the Governor of Madhya Prant on 17 March 2023 by Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy following the position's re-establishment. A few months later, on 14 July, he announced his resignation as governor and was succeeded by Princess Bishakha.
Mohammad Mridul Amin is one of the senior-most politicians of the nation, who has served on wide range of positions both at national and state level. He first became the Minister of Finance on 6 December 2015 and served until the dissolution of the ministry on 11 April 2016. Under the premiership of Dhrubajyoti Roy which took office on 11 April 2016, he was appointed as Union Cabinet Minister for Child Welfare, and remained in that position till 10 July 2016. In a cabinet reshuffle held on 10 July 2016, he lost his cabinet berth and was appointed as Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Parliamentary Affairs which he continued to hold until his resignation from the Union Council of Ministers on 18 September 2016.
He contested the 2016 March Vice-Presidential election against Bishnu Chetry and Arnab Sil and also the 2016 May Vice-Presidential election against Arnab Sil, but was unsuccessful in both the attempts.
With the creation of the state of Uttaranchal, he was appointed to serve as the first Chief Minister of the state which he held from 18 September 2016 until 12 April 2017. When Sarala Baishya became the Prime Minister, he was called in to be a part of the Union Council of Ministers and was appointed as the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Welfare, with the additional duties of the Minister of State in the ministries of Parliamentary Affairs and Social Justice.
Styles, titles and honours
Titles and styles
- 6 December 2015 – 8 June 2020: His Excellency Mohammad Mridul Amin
- 8 June 2020 – 4 August 2021: His Royal Highness The Rajpramukh of Basistha
- 4 August – 11 September 2021: His Exalted Highness The Rajpramukh of Basistha
- 11 September 2021 – present: His Exalted Highness Mohammad Mridul Amin, the Rajpramukh Emeritus of Basistha
Honours of Basistha
Received as former head of state of Basistha:
- Additional Member of the Most Distinguished Order of Basistha (DB) – Dato Sri Paduka (28 November 2021)
- Grand Companion of the Most Excellent Order of Merit of Basistha (SUBB) – Dato Sri (28 November 2021)
Vishwamitra and its states
- Friends Society:
- Grand Cordon of the Most Eminent Order of the Foxtail Orchid (DKO) – Maha Sri (25 October 2022)
- Recipient 2nd Class of the Distinguished and Long Service Medal (SPDS) (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the National Service Medal (RSP) (15 April 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 20th Birthday of the First Prime Minister (11 November 2020)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (8 June 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (11 January 2023)
- Former honours
- Grand Companion of the Most Distinguished Order of the Rajpramukh Dhrubajyoti Roy – Dato Utama (25 June 2023)
- Grand Knight of the Most Honourable Order of Uttaranchal (DSUU) – Dato Sri Utama (4 May 2022)
Order of wear
Ribbon bars and badges of the orders and decorations that are worn by Mohammad Mridul Amin, the Rajpramukh Emeritus of Basistha are noted in accordance with customary Vishwamitran conventions applicable to the occasion, the location and to the form of dress worn. The ribbon bars are worn according to the protocol and the precedence of the wear as issued by the Chancellery of the orders. It is to note that the ribbons of the foreign honours are worn below the national and state honours of Vishwamitra. The badges of the foreign decorations are not worn regular except for special occasions.
Standards and arms
|File:Coat of Arms of Mridul Amin (Order of the Lotus).svg|
|Full armorial achievement||Personal escutcheon||Royal monogram|
|Armorial as Commander of the Order of William I|