|King of Sorrenia and Dradelia|
|First monarch||Ronald I|
|Formation||4 April 2018|
The Sorrenian monarch presides over the Kingdom of Sorrenia.
The monarchy is defined by the Second, Third and Fourth Articles of the Sorrenian Constitution:
"His Royal Majesty, the King of Sorrenia and Dradelia, and hitherto any term used to refer to said being, is granted primacy by God in determining and applying the will of the Sorrenian people.
God's will is hereby made manifest through the royal status of His Majesty King Ronald the First, and subsequently his chosen heir and his continued successors.
His Majesty is thus granted the authority to appoint and dismiss any and all members from any and all subsidiary organisation tasked with the management of Sorrenia. Exception only is granted to the King's Council and Papal Directorate; the former shall not be appointed nor dismissed by His Majesty, and the latter shall not be dismissed without evidence of illegality.
His Majesty is thus granted the authority to act as the Supreme Adjudicator, applying the entirety of Sorrenian law.
His Majesty is thus granted the authority and right to levy and alter tax.
His Majesty is thus granted the authority and right to seize private goods, placing such goods into the common ownership of the state machinery."
The idea of a Sorrenian monarch was endorsed as a central goal by the Commonwealth Party, but as even the existence of regional monarchs was hotly contested, the proposal of a national monarch never reached any momentum and the SCP minimised it to an "eventual" goal.
As Socialist League forces successfully routed State troops, King Ronald I was able to amass a conglomeration of forces opposed to socialism, including monarchists, loyalists, conservatives and moderates.
After the seizure of the Bernician armaments by royalists and an inconclusive League attack in Sacriston, Ronald mustered his forces and marched on Durham, successfully capturing it. After a short siege, Royalist forces proceeded to take the Socialist stronghold of Bowburn.
During the siege, Ronald was taken to Sacriston where he was officially crowned King of Sorrenia, after which he established the Royal Household.
King Ronald then used the Dradelian attack on Sorrenians in Horden as a casus belli and attacked Dradelia, conclusively defeating them and incorporating Dradelia into Sorrenia.
Finally, Ronald defeated Morgannwg forces who had entered Sorrenia to the south and marched on Richmond, declaring himself King of Amon Lasgalen.
Kingdom of Sorrenia
The Sorrenian monarch closely resembles that of an absolute monarch, although it incorporates a network of bureaucracy distinguishing it from other kings and queens.
Through his power of appointment and dismissal, the monarch is essentially able to control policy on a wide array of issues (from electoral boundaries to flag creation) by appointing or dismissing the relevant organisation's members.
Laws concerning social policy can only be made by the King's Council, an elected and advisory body. On such policy the monarch lacks a veto.
Laws concerning ecclesiastic policy can only be made by the Papal Directorate, an appointed body (whose members are appointed for life). On such policy the monarch possesses a veto. Ecclesiastic policy is deemed to overrule any contradictory social policy.
• Appointments - The King is able to appoint members of several bodies without restriction, including the Papal Directorate, the Central Bank, the Ministry of Culture and Sorrenian Radio, among others
• Dismissal - The King is able to dismiss any appointee without restriction, with exception granted to the King's Council and the Papal Directorate
• Supreme Adjudicator - The King acts as the ultimate authority on the application (but not the interpretation) of laws. As such, he can levy punishment or grant pardon
• Taxation - The King is able to levy tax or alter an existing tax without restraint
• Appropriation - The King is able to appropriate private goods into common ownership of the state without restraint
Kingdom of Amon Lasgalen
After King Ronald's successful invasion of Amon Lasgalen, he declared himself King of the region, and defined the kingship as a title subservient to and held by the Sorrenian monarch in perpetuity.
• King of Amon Lasgalen - although originally a devolved monarchy under the Sorrenian Federation, the Kingship is now held by the King of Sorrenia and Dradelia in perpetuity
• King of Morgannwg - upon Amon Lasgalen's renaming to the Kingdom of Morgannwg and its eventual defeat by Sorrenia, the title was retained as a spiritual claim to the historic Welsh Kingdom of Morgannwg
• Duke of Creton - a Dukedom located in Amon Lasgalen, and currently the only one in existence in Sorrenia
The King is granted several honorary titles:
• Defender of the Faith - bestowed upon Ronald by the Papal Directorate for reintroducing Catholicism to Northern England
• Conqueror of the Dradelians - upon Sorrenia's victory and the signing of the Treaty of Dradelian Subservience, the Sorrenian Monarch was defined as the conqueror and King of Dradelia in perpetuity
• Liberator of the Akebarians - bestowed upon Ronald by the Akebarian People's Assembly for his help in establishing the Free State of Akebar
• Slayer of the Lambton Worm - an entirely artificial title bestowed by the King's Council, referring to the mythical Lambton Worm
• Lord of all the Crows - bestowed upon Ronald by himself after his victory at the Battle of the Crow, during which a crow purportedly attacked the King of Morgannwg
Membership in Orders
The King is granted membership of two orders by virtue of his being King:
• Knight of the Order of Saint Cuthbert - members are tasked with spreading faith through peaceful methods
• Scribe of the Order of Saint Bede - members are tasked with detailing the history of Northern England, especially the Kingdom of Northumbria
Below is the full title used by the King of Sorrenia and Dradelia:
- His Royal Majesty
- King of Sorrenia and Dradelia
- King of Amon Lasgalen
- King of Morgannwg
- Duke of Creton
- Defender of the Faith
- Conqueror of the Dradelians
- Liberator of the Akebarians
- Slayer of the Lambton Worm
- Lord of all the Crows
- Knight of the Order of Saint Cuthbert
- Scribe of the Order of Saint Bede