Jan-Olav Spiekermann aka Consul Spiekermann (born 17 February 1991) is a German micronationalist, regionalist politician and security officer.
Consul Spiekermann was born on 17 February 1991 in Germany and is engaged to an art teacher. He currently works as a security officer and is also a part-time student.
Consul Spiekermann is a Liberal, whose political philosophy is based on non-violence, constitutionalism, anti-authoritarianism and decentralization.
Macronational political career
He actively supports regionalist and decentralist forces. He ran as a parliamentary candidate in the 2022 Schleswig-Holstein state election on the electoral ticket of the South Schleswig Voters' Association, a regionalist party of the Danish and Frisian minorities. The party won four seats in the state parliament, however he failed to win a seat.
Between 2013 and 2016 Consul Spiekermann sat as an independent in committees of the Parliament of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck, the capital of the Hanseatic League. The Hanseatic League was a medieval confederation of European city-states (12th century - 1669), revived in 1980.
Consul Spiekermann joined the micronational community in late 2019 after some weeks of web research on microstates, unrecognised countries and micronations. He currently serves as a diplomat in Vishwamitra, Užupis, Imvrassia and Aerica.
In the past, he was also a diplomat of Karnia-Ruthenia, Rino Island and Beremagne.
In 2021 Consul Spiekermann together with Californian author ("The Micronation Revolution") and inventor William Otey, established a micronational project named Ethos Island with the aim of establishing a crowdfunded floating city-state, inspired by the Principality of Sealand and the Republic of Rose Island.
Apart from that, he actively participates in the administration of Obscurium, the Empire of Imvrassia and Vishwamitra. In Obscurium, he serves as the Supreme Judge, in the Empire of Imvrassia, he serves as the Prefect of the Praetorian Prefecture of Occidentis and Eponymous Archon of the Danish March, while in Vishwamitra, he is a member of the privy council.
Titles, styles, and honours
- Consul / Beremagne (2020 - 2022)
- Magistros of Imvrassia (2021)
- Baron of Sealand (2021)
- Baron Acaali / Tooro Kingdom (2022)
- Baron Spiekermann of Bad Oldesloe / Vishwamitra (2022)
- Commander 1st Class of the Most Excellent Royal Vishwamitran Order of Merit (11 January 2023)
- Recipient of the National Service Medal (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Civil Service Medal (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (8 June 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (11 January 2023)
- Knight of the Order of the Melting Mountain (2021)
- Recipient of the Grand Ducal Antarctic Preservation Medal (2021)