Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Due to persistant vandalism, new wiki user accounts will, as a temporary measure,
have to be created with admin approval. Please register on the MicroWiki Forums,
then request a wiki account on the designated thread. Click here for more details.
April Fools' Day hoaxes are perpetrated by members of the MicroWiki community every year. Individual micronations often play jokes, and all eyes are on MicroWiki itself every year when the MicroWiki administrators usually play a joke on the community.
- 1 2011
- 2 2012
- 3 2013
- 4 2014
- 5 2015
- 6 2016
- 7 2017
- 8 References
- Operation Electrolight: St.Charlie, A1 and Sirocco declared war on each other to make fun of micronational "wars".
- Strange newsfeed items: Items in the MicroWiki newsfeed adopted somewhat peculiar titles.
- Forum games: The MicroWiki Forums had its logo changed to incorporate a trollface and had the default font changed to Comic Sans MS.
- BoratWiki: MicroWiki was inaccessible on 31 March 2012 due to a "403 error" suspiciously rendered in Cyrillic. The next day all was revealed: MicroWiki (and the MicroWiki Forum) had re-emerged as BoratWiki, a website (rendered in faux Cyrillic) devoted to "Boratnations". The MicroWiki Forum also took on a very different appearance.
- A1 forum graffiti: A1's forum was replaced by a replication covered with black graffiti reading "somebody help me" .
- Revolution: Crown Prince Jonathan of Austenasia announced in several Skype rooms that the TPA had launched a Theodorist revolution and successfully taken over Wrythe. It was revealed as a joke a few minutes later, but not before some who heard had issued diplomatic responses having assumed it was a genuine announcement.
- Disestablishment of the Kossian Empire: Lucas I released a video called "Disestablishment of the Realm", in which he dissolved the Empire, before revealing in the last minute that it was a joke.
- Soviet Party of Sirocco: The Sirocco Times reported that relatively unknown Siroccan citizen Rani Lope had formed a Marxist-Leninist party styled the "Soviet Party of Sirocco" as opposition to the ruling Federal Party. Anagrams relating to the date were inserted into the article three times.
- National Capital District renamed: Siroccan Premier Daniel Anderson reported on Facebook and Skype that Sirocco's National Capital District province was to be renamed to "Chatgo", an anagram of gotcha.
- MCRIOWYKY: MicroWiki changed themes and adopted LOLZSPEAK on the Main Page and sidebar.
- Nyan Cat: Nyan Cat was featured in a video on the Main Page set to play automatically when the page loaded.
- This Month in History: The "This Month in History" section on the Main Page was changed to LOLZSPEAK for March and conspicuous historical summaries for April.
- Good Article change: The featured Good Article was changed to "Shinee Shining Lightning", widely agreed to be the worst article ever published on MicroWiki.
- Forum shenanigans: The MicroWiki Forums adopted a Minecraft theme with a Nyan Cat logo, with audio from the Portal game series played on the main page.
- Micropolitan 5: The Micropolitan 5 Skype room was renamed to become the "Micropolitan 4.01".
- Yellow Bear Micronational: The "Music of the Day" in the YBM Skype room was set to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, a "Rickroll" which has so far been repeated on every 1 April since.
- Closure of MicroWiki: The Sirocco Times reported that MicroWiki was to close and shift to the Wikia platform.
- Sirocco Times logo: The Sirocco Times reversed its logo and changed its slogan to read "Established 1948".
- Presidential resignation: The Voice of Urbonia reported President Migs Caldeo's resignation from office.
- New South Scotland invasion: An entry on the MicroWiki newsfeed was posted reporting that New South Scotland had been invaded by Zealandia, with a link redirecting to a Rickroll.
- Micro High movie: The Sirocco Times reported on the midnight premiere of a fake Micro High movie entitled "The Micro High Cinematic Televised Movie Thing".
- Communist coup: The Adammic Express reported that Billy, the mascot of the Adammic Army, had led a coup against the Adammic government and had installed a communist dictatorship, renaming the nation to the "People's Republic of Adammia". The new leadership supposedly threatened to attack several micronational cities with nuclear missiles, a reference to North Korea. 
- ErusiaWiki: MicroWiki apparently came under the jurisdiction of the Democratic People's Republic of Erusia. Administrators were allegedly arrested by the Republican Guard on charges of counter-revolutionary activity, and all flags and media titles on the main page were changed to their Erusian counterparts. All links on the Main Page newsfeeds were redirected to the "Nyan Cat" YouTube video.
- Snap election: The Adammic Express reported that Emperor Mother Jayne of Adammia had resigned as Prime Minister and that a snap election was being contested by a number of candidates. The parties supposedly running in the election were parodies of modern British political parties in the run-up to the 2015 General Election. 
- No prank was made by the administrators this year due to a serious technical issue affecting the site on 31 March and 1 April (which some users assumed was a prank itself).
- Memes: The Adammic Express reported that a decree had been passed "declaring Memes to be the official state religion of the Empire of Adammia" and requiring citizens to worship a meme of their choice at least twice a day, with various Adammic landmarks having been renamed after memes. The article also served as satire of New Israel's religious fundamentalist policies. 
- Cyber-attack: The Lavrada Bannerman reported that the Grand Republic of Delvera had caused recent technical problems with the wiki by launching a cyber-attack with "superhaxxors". 
- Eighties Week: The Sirocco Times reported the opening of Eighties Week, a seven-day celebration of the 1980s. The article parodied both Sirocco's 1950s-inspired culture and popular culture and trends of the 1980s, and contained references to David Lange, Robert Muldoon, and Brian Mulroney, all of whom were politicians in the 1980s.
- MicroWiki became MichaelWiki, "The internet's top fan forum for all things George Michael", after webmaster Jonathan I the previous day announced that he was selling the wiki to a mysterious new owner. The music video of George Michael's 1984 single Careless Whisper played on the front page, the wiki's typeface was changed from Arial to a handwriting style, and the logo was replaced with one for "MichaelWiki".
- Merger of Sirocco and Uskor: The Sirocco Times reported that Sirocco and Uskor had merged into the Commonwealth of Sirocco and Uskor. References to the date were added throughout the article.
- Adexit: The Adammic Express reported that Adammia had voted to leave the Grand Unified Micronational in a referendum. The article served as a parody of Brexit and the response of British politicians and political parties to that issue.
- Mystic Jubbia of the Harrifans: The Messenger reported that a royal decree had renamed the Essian Commonwealth to the "Mystic Jubbia of the Harrifans." Lord Henry's title was now His Harrifanatic Majesty, and the flag and coat of arms had been changed to feature George Harrison. The article parodied Esse's strong music culture. 
- "A1, St.Charlie at war, Sirocco joins in" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 2 April 2016
- Image of A1 Forum on 1 April 2012, FRA1, Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Sirocco gains socialist party" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "MicroWiki to shut down, community to move to Wikia" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "President Migs Caldeo resigns from office" Voice of Urbonia. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Micro High movie proves hit for SBC" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Billy seizes control of government, installs military dictatorship" Adammic Express. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "PM resigns, snap election called" Adammic Express. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Memes Announced as Official Adammic Religion" Adammic Express. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Delvera is Responsible, Everyone Else is to Blame" Lavrada Bannerman. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Eighties Week opens in Sirocco" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Sirocco and Uskor complete merger" The Sirocco Times. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Adammia votes to Leave in GUM Referendum", Adammic Express. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Mystic Jubbia of the Harrifans", Messenger. Retrieved 3 May 2017.