Order of St. Paul
|Most Excellent Order of St. Paul|
Mais Excelente Ordem de São Paulo
|Awarded by the|
Emperor-King of Karnia-Ruthenia
|Motto||Non ducor, duco|
I am not led, I lead
|Awarded for||At the monarch's pleasure|
|Grand Master||Emperor-King Oscar|
|Grades||Knight / Dame|
|Next (higher)||Order of St. Peter|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Queen|
Ribbon of the Order of St. Paul
The Order of St. Paul is a dynastic order of knighthood founded in Persenburg by King Oscar of Ruthenia in 2014. The current Grand Master of the Order is also its founder, the Emperor-King of Karnia-Ruthenia.
Established on 25 November 2014, the Order was the third honor created in the kingdom, recalling the tradition and principles of Knights of Saint John, order created during the Crusades and than, remebering the Crusader ancestry of his paternal family. The motto is Non ducor, duco., Latin for I am not led, I lead. The motto of the Order refer to the motto of City of São Paulo, where the Emperor-King was born. During the period in which Ruthenia was only one kingdom, the award was granted only thirteen times.
When the Empire was founded and immediately after the signing of the Karno-Ruthenian Compromise of 2016, the Order of St. Peter became the fourth most important honor in precedence of Karnia-Ruthenia.
Precedence and privileges
Knights and Ladies of the Order are assigned positions in the order of precedence, just after the Knights of the Order of St. Peter. Wives, sons, daughters and daughters-in-law of Knights of the Order of St. Paul also feature on the order of precedence; relatives of Dames of St. Paul, however, are not assigned any special precedence. Generally, individuals can derive precedence from their fathers or husbands, but not from their mothers or wives.
After the establisment of Karnia-Ruthenia, the prefixes of "Sir" for Knights and "Lady" for the Dames was abolished. When an individual is entitled to use multiple post-nominal letters, "EKSP" for Knights or "ELSP" for Dames, altering the old post-nominal "KSPA" for Knights and "LSPA" for Dames. Knights and Dames may encircle their arms with the circlet of the Order.
Grand Masters of the Order
2014 - current
- His Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduke Ari of Karnia-Ruthenia
- Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Denise of Karnia-Ruthenia
- Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, Empress-Queen Paloma of Karnia-Ruthenia
- His Highness, Grand Duke Christian of Letzembourg
- His Imperial Highness, Grand Duke Julian of Lundenwic
- His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Alexander IV of Pavlov
- His Majesty, King Peter II of Santa Cruz
- His Imperial Majesty, Emperor William I of Unironia
- His Royal Highness, Duke Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer of Libertia
- Her Royal Highness, Duchess Tânya Correa d'Ornellas of Libertia
- His Grace, Count Yuri de Faria
- His Royal Highness, Prince Alexandro of Lomellina e Berenguer
- His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Emperor Stephen of the Abeldane Empire