Thomas I of Quinta Velha
|Thomas I of Quinta Velha|
|File:King of Quinta Velha.jpg|
|King of Quinta Velha|
|Reign||5 November 2018 – present|
|Heir||Crown Prince Theodore|
|Prince of Maryen|
|Reign||6 July 2017 – 11 March 2018|
|Imperial Chancellor of Karnia-Ruthenia|
|Reign||21 August 2019 – 01 November 2022|
|Predecessor||Michael of Appinfeldt|
|Born||30 April 1994|
|Issue||Crown Prince Theodore|
|House||Sena e Albuquerque|
|Allegiance|| Quinta Velha|
|Service/|| National Guard / Royal Armada|
Thomas I (born in Natal, Brazil, 30 April 1994) is a Brazilian Historian, micronationalist, Researcher and micropatriologist, founder and current monarch of the Kingdom of Quinta Velha. He was also the first and only Prince of Maryen. Served as 4th Chancellor of the Karno-Ruthenian Empire, where he holds the titles of Duke of Saena and Prince Karacsony-Maryen. He was also the first and only Secretary General of the Nuremberg Commune. In addition to his political activities, Thomas had a prominent role in Brazilian micronational journalism, when he founded the successful newspaper “O Folhetim”. As a researcher and micropatriologist, he is Chancellor of the Imperial and Royal Academy of Geographical and Social Studies of Karnia-Ruthenia, a member of the Historical Institute of Quinta Velha and of the Historical Institute of the United Provinces of Mauritia. He has articles published in journals specializing in micropatriology, studying the formation of Brazilian micronationalism and national identity in micronations.
At the head of Quinta Velha, he played an important role in the consolidation of the Brazilian sector and is the founder of the Conference of Santiago, the main intermicronational organization in Latin America, serving as its Secretary-General. He is considered one of the most famous Brazilian micronationalists today.
Thomas was born on April 30, 1994 in the city of Natal, Brazil, as the only child of the Duke of Santos-Albuquerque and the Duchess of Sena. He grew up in Natal, where he studied in public schools in the city. In 2013, he started the History course at Potiguar University, graduating as a historian in 2017. He has always been interested in sports, practiced Karate during his youth and has been a skateboarder for 20 years. He is married and has two children.
He started in Micronationalism in 2015, among the simulationist micronations in Brazil. He was part of the Kingdom of Pathros, where he was Vice President and also President of Parliament. After just over a month, he leaves Pathros to join the United Kingdom of Brigância and Afrikanda. There, he played an important role in the consolidation of the Kingdom, acting in functions of domestic and foreign policy with relative success and becoming known among Brazilian micronationalists. In recognition of his dedication to the Kingdom, he was included in the list of succession to the Brigante throne, holding the title of Archduke of Aquiwedé and serving as Regent of the Kingdom on one occasion.
Due to political disagreements with King Emerson of Brigance, Thomas decides to leave the Kingdom and join the Kingdom of Escorvânia, where he was appointed to the Ministry of Education and had the opportunity to implement the Micronational Training Program (PROFORM), a program of pioneer micronational training in the country and aimed at new citizens. In addition, he served as the escorvanese ambassador to Pathros, and was also elected Mayor of the city of Haifa. After being appointed as Secretary of National Security for Escorvânia, he developed a project to improve the functionality of the Armed Forces, but it was never implemented. He also played an important role as a businessman, founding the lottery Al Hassan and the newspaper O Folhetim, which quickly became one of the most popular means of communication for Brazilian micronationalism. In 2017 he decides to give up his citizenship and founds his first micronation, the Principality of Maryen.
As Sovereign Prince of Maryen, he was responsible for rescuing simulationism - the most common way of practicing micronationalism in Brazil at the time - using Caribbean territories and cultures. Demonstrating great diplomatic skills, he managed to maintain contacts and recognition with several micronations in Brazil. During this period, he began to develop his friendship with Emperor-King Oscar of Karnia-Ruthenia. In March 2018 the Principality of Maryen is extinguished due to the low activity of its citizens.
In the same month, he received his citizenship in Karnia-Ruthenia and, considering his diplomatic skills and reputation among Brazilian micronationalists, he was appointed the ambassador for Portuguese-speaking micronations. He was also responsible for implementing the practice of e-sports in the Empire, activating the Karno-Ruthenian football team on the CFM platform. He received the rank of Admiral and the role of Chief of the Empire's Office of Naval Operations. In addition, he helped in the creation of the Imperial and Royal Academy of Social and Geographical Studies of Karnia-Ruthenia, being its Chancellor and one of the first to contribute to the Institution's collection and research works. He was also appointed to the Ministry of Finance to help create a national economy, but he was unsuccessful. During the 2019 general election, he was elected as Representative of the Ruthenian-Horvatian District to the II legislature of the Imperial Diet, which elected him as Imperial Chancellor.
In recognition of the vast activity in the Empire, he rose in the imperial nobility, made Duke of Saena and Prince Karacsony-Maryen, in addition to having his family recognized as a Noble House in the Empire.
While working in Karnia-Ruthenia, he developed a micronation formed by the private properties of his paternal family, called Lordship of the lands of Santa Rita de Cássia. In November 2018 this micronation is reformed and becomes the Kingdom of Quinta Velha, which has become one of the most promising and important Brazilian micronations today. Leading his country, he actively participated in the formation and consolidation of the Brazilian sector and was responsible for founding the Conference of Santiago, the most important intermicronational organization in South America.
As King of Quinta Velha, he established himself as an important diplomat and statesman, being the author of some protocols and treaties of the Conference of Santiago, in addition to having been a prominent leader during the Santiago-Mansean Conflict. With the Brazilian sector, he reinforced his presence in Brazilian micronationalism, emerging as a prominent and most famous figure among Brazil's micronationalists.
Activities as a Researcher
Parallel to his activities as a statesman, Thomas has also developed a recognized role as a researcher and micropatriologist. He is Chancellor of the Imperial and Royal Academy of Social and Geographical Studies of Karnia-Ruthenia, a member of the Historical Institute of Quinta Velha and an honorary member of the Historical Institute of Mauritia. He has had articles published in the Journal of Micronationalism of the Republic of Rino Island, in the Leven Journal of the United Provinces of Mauritia and on the website of the Academy of Social Studies of Karnia-Ruthenia. He is dedicated to the study of the formation of Brazilian micronationalism and National Identity in Micronations. As a historian, he is a researcher of themes related to death and dying in the West and the formation of cemetery spaces.
- Uma análise da atividade micronacional brasileira: do pseudomaterialismo ao virtualismo excessivo.
- Identidade nacional micronacional: breves considerações acerca da criação elementos identitários micronacionais.
Titles, styles and honours
|Monarchical styles of|
Thomas, King of Quinta Velha
|Reference style||His Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Majesty|
Titles and styles
- 1994 - 2015: Mr. Thomas Albuquerque.
- 2015 - 1 April 2017: His Highness, Omubiito of Brigantia, Archduke of Aquiwedé and Count of Sofala..
- 6 July 2017 - 11 March 2018: His Sovereign Highness, the Prince of Maryen.
- 28 September 2017 - 30 July 2018: His Illustrious Highness, Count Karácsony.
- 1 August 2018 - 2 December 2018: His Illustrious Highness, Margrave Karácsony.
- 20 December 2018 - 16 February 2020: His Illustrious Highness, Prince Karácsony-Maryen.
- 4 August 2018 - 16 February 2020: His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince of Eslavija, Grand Prince of Kosova.
- 5 November 2018 – present: His Majesty, the King of Quinta Velha.
- 16 February 2020 – present: His Highness, Duke of Saena and Prince Karácsony-Maryen.
- 4 June 2018 – present: His Excellency, the High Comissioner of Gaussland.
Full style as King of Quinta Velha
His Majesty Dom Thomas, King of Quinta Velha, Prince of Uruaçu, Duke of Riachuelo, Duke of Sena, 2nd Lord of Albuquerque.
- Knight of the Order of the Edelweiss
- Knight of the Order of St. Stephen
- Knight of the Most Noble Order of St. Peter
- Knight of the Most Excellent Order of St. Paul
- Knight First Class of the Order of the Lion
- Recipient of the Imperial Wedding Medal
- Recipient of the Conference of Persenburg Medal
- Recipient of the Order of the Black Eagle
- Order of the Imperial Cross
- Imperial Order of Oscar
- Order of Saint George
- Count of Quadra
- Knight of Royal Order of Schkoppe
- Knight of the Most Distinguished Order of the Toison d'Or
- Knight of the Order of the Swiss Prince
- Knight of the Order of Pedro II (dormant)
- Knight of the Order of the Blue Blood
- Knight of the Order of Prince Ludwig Gaston of Saxe-Coburg and Braganza
- Knight of the Royal Ebenthali Order
- Recipient of the Order of Trotsky
- Recipient of the Cross of Independence
- Knight 1st Class of the Imperial Order of St. Joaquim
- Member Special Class of the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit
- Recipient of the Medal of Burgundy's Vengeance
- Grand Cross of the Order of Sildavian Merit
- Grand Cross of the Most Honorable Order of Merit of Sildavia
- Cotton Jubilee Commemorative Medal
- Knight of the Order of the Tasllavian Eagle
- Knight Commander of the Order of Queensland
- Medal of the 7th National Anniversary and Independence
- Honorary Citizen of the United Provinces of Columbia.
- Marshal-General of the National Guard of Quinta Velha - 5 november 2018 - present
- Captain-General of the Royal Armada of Quinta Velha - 30 july 2022 - present
- Admiral of the Imperial and Royal Navy of Karnia-Ruthenia - 1 December 2018 – present
- Colonel of the Army of Mauritia - 11 setember 2022 - present