Order of St. Peter
|Most Noble Order of St. Peter|
Mais Nobre Ordem de São Pedro
Breast Star of the Order of St. Peter
|Awarded by the|
Emperor-King of Karnia-Ruthenia
|Motto||Ego præcipio tibi|
I will entrust to you
|Awarded for||At the monarch's pleasure|
|Grand Master||Emperor-King Oscar|
|Grades||Knight / Dame|
|Next (higher)||Order of St. Stephen|
|Next (lower)||Order of St. Paul|
Ribbon of the Order of St. Peter
The Order of St. Peter is a dynastic order of knighthood founded in Persenburg by King Oscar of Ruthenia in 2014. The current Grand Master of the Order is also its founder, the Emperor-King of Karnia-Ruthenia.
Established on 25 November 2014, the Order was the second honor created in the kingdom. The idea was to express the Catholicism present in several aspects of the life of Ruthenian society. During the period in which Ruthenia was only one kingdom, the award was granted only fifteen times.
The motto of the Order refer to the promise of Jesus Christ to Peter, "I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven".
Precedence and privileges
Knights and Ladies of the Order are assigned positions in the order of precedence, ranking above all others of knightly rank, with the exception of the Knights of the Order of the Edelweiss and of the members of the Order of St. Stephen. Wives, sons, daughters and daughters-in-law of Knights of the Order of St. Peter also feature on the order of precedence; relatives of Dames of St. Peter, however, are not assigned any special precedence. Generally, individuals can derive precedence from their fathers or husbands, but not from their mothers or wives.
After the establisment of Karnia-Ruthenia, the prefixes of "Sir" for Knights and "Lady" for the Dames was abolished. When an individual is entitled to use multiple post-nominal letters "KSPE" for Knights and "LSPE" for Dames. Knights and Dames may encircle their arms with the circlet of the Order.
Grand Masters of the Order
2014 - current
- His Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduke Ari of Karnia-Ruthenia
- Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Denise of Karnia-Ruthenia
- Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, Empress-Queen Paloma of Karnia-Ruthenia
- His Highness, Grand Duke Christian of Letzembourg
- His Imperial Highness, Grand Duke Julian of Lundenwic
- His Grace, Marquis Michael of New Charter
- His Majesty, King Peter II of Santa Cruz
- His Royal Highness, Duke Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer of Libertia
- Her Royal Highness, Duchess Tânya Correa d'Ornellas of Libertia
- His Grace, Count Yuri de Faria
- His Royal Highness, Prince Alexandro of Lomellina e Berenguer
- His Holy Imperial Majesty, Emperor Claudio I of Reunion
- His Grace, Duke Glauco Freitas of Torres Novas
- His Royal Majesty, Grand Duke Giancarlo I of Petroburg
- His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Emperor Stephen of the Abeldane Empire
- His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Markus II of New Israel
- His August Highness, Prince Lucas of Woestein, Stadhouder of Mauricia